What is the strategy to beat VIII (Defend Ratchet)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by clonemanager, Jun 25, 2010.

1. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I run out of health when ratchet reported there is still 75% completion on reviving...

The health generator(s) both of them won't pop up after I guessed... using those weapons (popped up from the ground?)

I thought I played on easy from the beginning , but it feels like playing in hard mode... need to double check what level I was playing...

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Itis hard. Yank the turrent off and get an oversheild from the room behind Omega and stay by him. Take down anything you can see. Warpath and Ironhide are useless since they get overwhelmed really quickly. Just make sure to revive Ratchet and grab an oversheild whenever you run out.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Activate the rocket turrets up top when you can and use the main turret to take down the seekers, then snipers will drop in. Take them out and detach the turret to take out the ground units. Every time you get a tank guy with a turret pick his up.

It is hard, by far the hardest part of the Bots campaign.

4. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Yeah just finished this part and it was tough. Did it with Warpath and had to learn where the 'nades were. I used overshield and health 'nades to make it to the end.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is also a hall way that makes a u shape kind of behind omega that has a healing gun.

i just kept running back there. there is also like 3 or 4 overshields back there so i kept going back for them.

6. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea like Deceptigar said,the tunnel behind Omega has a healing turret,just transform and drive through there,keep heading there when you get hurt and you will be able to beat it no problem.

7. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Yeah, that tunnel behind Omega saved me numerous times. The shields and healing ray are practically vital to this level. I played as Warpath, and used his shield ability a couple of times when I needed to revive Ratchet without taking too much damage. And definitely try taking out the snipers first - they caused a lot of trouble for me the first few attempts.

8. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    thanks to all advice. will try the healing turret...

9. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    HELP! how do you deffend ratchet

in the level where you have to deffend ratchet from waves and waves of decepticons while he repairs omega supreme; how do you stay alive? ive descovered the healing ray in the back area but what else can you do? i am able to get to the 2 brutes after optimus says the flying cons are coming in but thats about it.

i have die loads of times now and i want to get to the next level or at least the next checkpoint. Please help me!

10. Jimbojones

Jimbojones Well-Known Member

i struggled on that too, make sure you activate everything like the missile launchers, but I found using one nuclear launcher thing for the first two turret guys, and take thier turrets and kill the cars, then get the other launcher and take out the other two turret guys

but always go back and get the overshields in the back room, you might not know thats there

11. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Levels like this one are as much about luck as they are skill. One character has energon barrier. Use that to protect Ratchet and keep on the move. Homing missiles can take out the flyers easily.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Go to the back room and keep getting the shields. You will definetely need them.

14. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    activate all markers, stay near the energon health stations, Also the alcove behind OMEGA SUPREME (sorry I've tried many times to type the name not in caps but just cant) has 3x Over shields and health station. Also grab the Brutes cannon after you take on out and turn it on the other one.

15. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

i just kept revive him, and shot all the bad guys and not much else lol

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Best strategy is stay close to him and absorb the fire,when the snipers come move to the high ground and melee them.

Rinse and repeat.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This stage pissed me off so much. Died over a dozen times until I found some co-op partners who knew what they were doing.

18. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    This level was hard for me to, but if you thought it was bad on normal, you should try doing it on hard. I played as Warpath and pretty much targeted every con in the room, but that was right after activating the defenses on the bridge. The shield ability comes in handy in helping defend Ratchet. Also the nucleon cannons that can be accessed via the panels on the floor help for the bigger Decepticon brutes. Also, don't forget the shield boosts in the corridor behind Omega.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Protecting Ratchet is impossible. Do you hear me? I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHodubwcvfwovfwljbrwvjlrbwl

20. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Hardly impossible, use the overshields behind Omega, use the turrets dropped by the big guys and use a barrier to protect him from one side at a time.

What difficulty are you on? I did it on hard and it only took me a handful of tries.