What is the relationship with Starscream, Soundwave, and Shockwave in DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MetruMaximus, Jun 7, 2012.

1. MetruMaximus

MetruMaximus Well-Known Member

Okay, this may seem like an odd question, but what do you think the relationship between Megatron's top three lieutenants is like?

Do you think since Soundwave and Shockwave are both smart and act upon science and logic that they'd get along? Or just find each other annoying.

Who do you think Megatron likes/respects more Shockwave, Starscream, or Soundwave?

Also do you think Soundwave looks at Starscream like an idiot? Lol just a thought. Or that Shockwave even likes/respects Starscream?

If you have any other thoughts on the subject or if you'd like to bring in other characters to this topic. You're more than welcome to. It's just a for fun/what do you think topic. Because with the director's poor character development skills we wouldn't know any of these answers by watching the movies.

Anyway, thanks for reading and your input in advance

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    All three are soldiers who serve Megatron and Megatron only. 'Nough said.

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

Shockwave is madly in love with Optimus. We never see him take orders and he leaves in Chernobyl when he sees it's Optimus who was in danger from the Driller, not wanting his pet to hurt his love. He appears at the end once Prime reaches Chicago to give him a hug but only caught his trailer. Unfortunately, his heart was broken when Prime killed his beloved pet Snoopy. So he decides that its his duty to end the Prime and bitch slaps every other Con who survived Soundwave's failed capture of the Bots to hunt Optimus down out of hatred and vengeance. It fails miserably. His last thoughts are "where did I go wrong...?"

Megatron and Soundwave used to be best buds until Megatron turned into a drunk and a hobo and only thought of how fire truck man took his job and how pretty Cybertron looks due to remembering a very hazy and distant memory. Soundwave gets pissed losing Megatron's attention and takes his rage out by capturing and torturing Autobots.

Starscream giggles at everything (if not on the outside than in the inside) and none of the top Cons take him seriously.

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Puck wins, thread won.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You know what...good enough for me.
    Considering we don't actually get to see much personality in either Shockwave or Soundwave you could be 100% accurate.

6. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

They're cousins :p 

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

..I was just about to type something of this caliber :/

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Despite having very little to back up what I'm about to say, I'll bite. :) 

I'd say that Megatron probably respects Soundwave the most. Shockwave is simply the silent assassin that he sends out to take care of business, while Starscream is that annoying troll who he keeps in second-in-command for some reason. :lol  Soundwave is loyal, smart, skilled and gets the job done. Why not like him?

Soundwave probably views Starscream as a necessary evil. Or should I say, a "necessary idiot". Starscream's benefits in battle outweigh the negatives. "Subject: Starscream. Designation: Air Commander. Status: Incompetent. Traitorous. Conclusion: Delay termination of subject."

Starscream probably sees Soundwave as the "teacher's pet". The kid who sucks up (only not mockingly so like Starscream himself) to the boss. The kid that the teacher just adores and is always nice to and gives good grades too.

As for what Shockwave thinks of everybody else? I have no f**king clue. :p 

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I agree, Puck Hockey has won the thread.

But being serious.

Starscream is a coward who has somehow managed to become the second in command. He sucks up to Megatron who, in his paranoia, always thinks Starscream is stabbing him in the back, despite Starscream never showing anything but loyalty. When Megatron is around, Starscream never gets a say in anything because of Megatrons fears that Starscream would manipulate him into his fall.

Shockwave is Megatrons best warrior therefore, every other soldier has to follow his command (I'm sure there is some medieval rank of Knight like this).

Soundwave is loyal and competent at what he does. This has made him a good friend of Megatron and nobody would dare disobey the orders of someone close to the evil tyrant.

10. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Megatron doesn't even know that Shockwave exists.

11. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

Hard to say since none of them had decent screentime to know for sure.

12. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    'Twas at the bolded print where I needed to start containing my laughter in the office.