what is the rarest movie-verse toy you can get in America?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPancake, Oct 4, 2011.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i have given up at finding space case

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought Swerve was thrown in as a Universe toy? I can't remember the instructions, but I don't recall it using the Movie format...but honestly I can't remember if that would even matter.

As for retail purchases, Human Alliance Mudflap is high up on the list. Scout class Skystalker should be too - I never saw either of those two at retail.

I'm not sure which of the end-of-line HftD and RtS movieverse redecoes qualify, since they only were available for retail at the same discount stores that HA Mudflap finally became available at.

I've seen Space Case 3-4 times now, so I'm not sure if he's just "uncommon" with random distribution, or if he's legitimately rare and I've just been unusually lucky.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never saw Space Case at retail. I got him and the apparently also rare Premium Blackout at TFCon.

I DID find Skystalker at retail, but few have. :D 

I've never seen an HA Mudflap, PERIOD. Of course I'm ok with that, since I have no interest. Pity John Turturro's only figure was lost to the ether, though.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Space Case is rare? Maybe I should have bought him. I saw him like 3 times at retail.

5. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What about the three unreleased scout figures from the first movie? They're pretty rare.

6. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Rarest for me was Skystalker and Mindwipe. Never saw either in the wild, it's a shame because I was going to troop build Skystalkers. Other than the newer DOTM stuff (HA Roadbuster/Leadfoot, My Walmart takes a long time to get new stock) I can't think of anything else that was rare for me. I saw maybe one HA Mudflap though, which I promptly bought

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'd think the final ROTF figures; Red Rampage and the Blazemaster/Evac redecos were exceedingly rare. I can't remember many people even being able to get them online or anything, or even having posted a picture of an opened sample of either figure.

And on the subject of Aveo Swerve - the rumor was that he was avaliable if you took a free test drive someplace in Europe, what country this promotion supposedly took place or if said promotion ever happened remains unknown. TJOmega does a good job of explaining about the backstory of the toy:
    TJ's Rehab 06: Aveo Swerve - YouTube

I happen to have snagged a mint version off of eBay a few months ago, $45 shipped, so he's not hard to find if you don't mind paying Leader class prices (or slightly higher) online. He is indeed NOT a movie figure, although that does mean he has the distinction of being the only modern figure not of the movie line that has a fully licensed alt. mode. His instructions say Universe on them, but he could fit in with Movie or Classics in my opinion. Naturally, I take the cheap way out and put him on the "special" shelf with my alternators and imported Japanese figures.:lol 

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Spacecase is in a movie line and a repaint of a movie toy. He's as movieverse as you can get

9. editnis

editnis Well-Known Member

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

not any more, as they're easily attainable at bbts now; expensive, but easily bought. plus they're not really movie toys, only energon toys *or maybe classics?* in movie packaging.

11. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, but at retail you couldn't get them because they went unreleased; thus making them rare. But you're right, they weren't really movie toys because they were repaints of energon and cybertron scouts.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Take a look at the comic he comes with.

and, you know, the logo on the box.

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Wow, had no idea Space Case was rare. When I saw he'd been released back in June or whatever, I walked into target and bought one. Don't think I've been back to Target since. Now I wish I'd bought two.

And comic and box be damned, I display him with my classics (I don't have a movie display). He fits fine.

14. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    ive seen every toy that has hit retail or was a mass release at retail in all the stores i frequent at retail or below prices...in washington but i have yet to find a Windcharger RTS in retail but i picked up mines from HTS.

as for Movie all around toys

TFTM: none
    TFROTF: HA Mudflap and Sky stalker
    DOTM: none yet

RTS: none but Windcharger
    Generations: none

PCC: HeavyTread and Skyhammer

15. Dolza_Khyron

but rarest implies that i can't buy 36 of them at bbts. :lol 

16. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Fracture seems very hard to come by.

17. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It was rare until BBTS got them.

18. Dolza_Khyron

which is true, but now that they got them, they're no longer rare, which is my point :lol 

let's just say the original superman comic, action comics number one, some one suddenly finds a big huge warehouse find of never opened MILLIONS of copies of it. and then floods the market with them, selling them for very cheap.

suddenly a mint condition action comics 1, is no longer rare.

thus the value drops from what ever it is now, to that of the cheap ones on ebay. or even worse, since the ones on ebay would be mint!

it's the same with these toys. sure they were rare before they got sold by bbts. but now that they are being sold at bbts, they're not as rare as let's say, lucky draws.

and he asked about the rarest. sure it may still be rare, but it's not rare no more.

19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Fracture- saw a bunch at first, but they quickly disappeared within a week of release. After that, I found one months later at a Wal Mart on clearance.

Skystalker- I honestly have seven of them (4 carded) because I wanted a squadron. I didn't know they were rare until people started saying they couldn't find any.

Space Case- saw a few in the wild. Have one open and one carded. There's a plethora of the Target BB's out there, but none of his case-mates. Not overly rare, but still not easy to come by.

Shadow Command Megatron- I only ever saw three in the wild, and now it's pulling sick prices on evilBay.

HA Mudflap- I NEVER saw one at retail. Kind of wanted one, but oh well.

Red Rampage and Evac- Saw both at a Kmart at the same time, but never again. These always seemed to be the rarest deluxes from RotF.

20. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Really, cuz I passed one up at tj maxx 4 i think 20 bucks. :(