What is the purpose of the supreme devastator, if the legends toy is better ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Vincymon, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

Just look at the legends class figure:

[​IMG]

This figure is likely to cost under 30 bucks. Yet has somewhat individually transformable vehicles and a much better proportioned Devastator form.

Yet we are offered for $ 100.00 a figure which has no individual constructicon articulation, yet has a far worse devastator mode.

[​IMG]

Now, i'm sorta into engineering, and just don't understand how you can make a larger figure, with less individual kibble, and still come up with a combined mode that is less impressive than that of a toy set half its size.

That's just incredible.

I'm sorry, but after seeing that legends figure, previous arguments about being unable to build a completely transformable leader class set went out the window.

This is almsot as rediculous as a voyager megatron, being more movie accurate than the leader class megatron.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    To me, the only thing better that the Legends toy's have is the individual robot modes.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am pretty disappointed by this as well. The huge Devy is less detailed than somethin the size of his leg, most likely. It's a shame... I would have bought a bigger version of the Legends for sure, and I don't at all see why it wouldn't be possible to make a nice toy 5 times the size of that. Hasbr said it would be too difficult and costly. I like the line but this guy doesn't even astetically fit in with it... he looks overly cartoony. There was a lot of potential wasted.

4. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

What??? Man, you gotta be kidding! Legends SUCK! I bought a couple from Cybertron & every time I see them I feel like I need to have my head examined. What the hell was I thinking?:crazy: 

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I won't be buying the Supreme Devvy. They could've engineered him to have all the modes, or the could've done it with the individual toys, but they missed the opportunity. We know it's not impossible, as shown by Peaugh's rough layout of how easy it would be to make a Devvy from the individuals, why couldn't they just do that? People are saying that engineering the Devvy face onto Mixmaster would be difficult. Who not just make a face piece that clips on?

6. porkimus

porkimus Well-Known Member

yeah i agree why coudnt they first design the legends then upscale the legends into a supreme sized set with a similar transformation.

7. porkimus

porkimus Well-Known Member

have taken a look at the legends class devastator and compared him to the supreme devastator and compared him to devastator conceptart. you have no idea what you are talking about.

8. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    haha...this is transformers animated devastator....he needs to be in season 4 once they decide to relaunch TF animated ....:popcorn 

9. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

I'm sick of people complaining when they havn't got it or when there isn't even a reveiw yet..:stick: 

10. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

agreed, there is nothing better about the legends except that

11. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Agreed. I get the feeling this toy will be much better than any crummy photography is giving it credit for. Perhaps the simplified toys will offer the supreme figure much more posability.

Perhaps I just like to keep my hopes up :[

12. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

purpose of Supreme Devs?

I dunno make money of really spoiled kids?

same reason behind ultimate 'Bee i suppose?

13. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seven Legends figures would be $35.

The purpose of Supremestator is to be a big expensive action figure that has light and sound gimmicks and is a match to the combined robot as he appears on-screen. It succeeds at this, and likely wouldn't do as well a job if they had to engineer individual robot modes at that size/weight. A Legends figure barely looks okay when it's three-inches tall; being quintupled in size would be a major turn-off for a lot of buyers while also threatening the integrity of the toy by weakening it with lots of tinier joints on load-bearing support structures.

As for myself, neither set satisfies me and I won't be buying either. I'd sooner buy the Legends version if I could get them on clearance. But every problem with the Supreme Combiner figure stems from issues relating to its immense size and weight; saying a set that's extremely tiny and light proves it can be done right is TOTAL BS. Such a figure as your hypothetical knockoff-worthy upscaled Legendstator is nothing Hasbro would ever sell.

Now, shouldn't this be in Toy Discussion? Or perhaps even any of the multiple threads we've already had comparing these toys?

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

"better" is a matter of opinion.

15. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

To be honest, I like Superem Devy. I don't care about indivdual bot modes. Thats what the deluxe/voyagers are for. I'm going to save up for Devy, because I want a bog honking robot. I read somewhere that he's 2 feet tall. I beleive thats a god reason to get him. Besides, no as actually reveiwed the big version. For all we know, superem Devy could be one of the most magical experiences ever.

MTL

16. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Supreme Devastator is just a robot replicas toy. The 6 vehicles are just vehicle replicas that don't transform. Overload is also missing. I don't buy Robot Replicas or vehicle replicas and I only buy Transformers toys that will transform.
    The Legends Devastator is nice but it is too small. I hope they will make a larger version of the Legends Devastator. It would be nice to have a Devastator made up of Deluxe or Voyager Constructicons. I am a completist and I also want Overload to be included for 7 total Constructicons.

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    CHILDREN

Think about it. That's all there is to it.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Money?

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the Supreme Version is okay. I won't be picking him up, though, unless I find him on clearance for under $30.

20. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Will be getting the supreme Devvy purely because of its size.
    Wouldn't make sense to get the legends, and have the largest robot in the movie standing around 3 inches tall beside deluxe figures.

For me, the only drawback of the supreme class is the lack of detail.
    But since I do not play with my figures, I do not need them to transform. So it will suit me fine. And since its so unpopular with everyone, it means I can find one with the perfect box condition or perfect paint applications.