What is the Japanese reaction to TFA?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Golden Age, May 3, 2010.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Does anyone know how people in Japan are reacting to Transformers Animated? Are the toys and the show liked or disliked?

2. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

Good question. I would like to know this myself. It seems like a departure from their standard fare.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I know when it came out in the US, the fans on a lot of japanese image boards I was watching loved it. they were scrambling to import everything as fast as they could. it was really odd, seeing the reactions on the japanese boards. talking about how america gets the cool stuff, and they always miss out. same reaction when classics came out too. meanwhile, over here, the american fans insist japan has it so much better.

I wonder if it'll be successful now, since a lot of the hardcore fans already have everything. Hopefully the younger crowd likes it, and the japanese fans that didnt go import-crazy will enjoy it.

I don't think it being marketed towards children in japan will have any negative impact on it, at least. japanese fans really don't seem to mind things aimed at kids. see the popularity of all the sentai shows, pokemon, and the never-ending love of doraemon among adults.