What is the going rate for G1 Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jedi prime1, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jedi prime1

jedi prime1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about going for my next "Grail" for christmas this year, and was wondering what the going rate for a G1 Megs is? I would be just as happy with a reissue one as I would be with an oringinol. I don't even care if it is MISB or loose complete.

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

You can get a reissue Encore Megatron or TFC #6 for around $70-80. And those are brand new. Loose samples are cheaper obviously.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Jailtime.

4. G1_Leet

G1_Leet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $70.00 bucks is about the cheapest you can get him. Ive seen him go for over a $100.00 bucks, that's a rip-off, not even including shipping.

I got Reissue Megatron for $69.99 on Ebay, and with shipping, it came to about 88 bucks. But it is an import from Takara/Tomy, so I know it is legit.

Overall, if you're looking for him to add to to your collection, I say hell yes, but just be careful you're not getting ripped off on the price. I got the cheapest price I think, and the best deal, plus with expensive figures you want it shipped fast and not wait weeks on end for it.

I got 2-3 day shiping with mine, and it shipped Fed-Ex with a tracking number too. So I know I was getting a good deal.

Make sure if you do get express or priority shipping, that the seller will send you tracking information on the product, I take no chances with merchandise like that. It's way to valuable to get stolen if it's not trackable.

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    get the reissue for the above price ranges stated as there is nothing like opening up a brand new TF :)