What is the difference with the Premium Transformers ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WeirdMetamorphosis, Mar 29, 2008.

1. WeirdMetamorphosis

WeirdMetamorphosis Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me the difference between the Premium Transformers and the regular Transformers movie toys ?

2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shiny paint jobs, closer to movie accurate. Leader Optimus Prime even has the sword and remolded head to look more like he did in the movie. Other than that they are the same toys that were previously released.

3. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    More paint detailing primarily, to make them look more accurate to the movie characters. Movie Prime is the only say far that is a remold. He's got the armsword (no gun though), and a remolded head. I also belileve he also has a new autobmorphing sound too. I can't say the same about Megas, but his color scheme is MUCH better.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    You've also got Bumblebee sporting his armored head sculpt from the Stealth version of the figure.

5. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing at all except for additional paints which really does not warrant calling it Premium. If that's their standards for what Premium should be like then were doomed.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Better Paint apllications.

7. WeirdMetamorphosis

WeirdMetamorphosis Well-Known Member

Sorry for asking but I just wanted to know if I might want to get them or not cause I already have the orignal ones. I'm really liking the new Megatron paint scheme and I also like that Prime comes with the sword but I heard you can just get that on ebay. Thinking I might just pick on Megatron and Stealth Bumblebee.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

My question is, is there any difference.... in price?

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    no, price is the same...and i cant wait to find megatron as i gave my first version to my cousin cuz he couldnt find one anywhere...not sure about any other ones, though i'l probbaly get blackout too...

10. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bumblebee - New Head. Grey (not black) arms and legs. More accurate paint and racing stripes. Silver gas cap.

Barricade - Movie accurate police decals. New paint on face. (as equally inaccurate as the gold face)

Jazz - Shiny paint (less movie accurate)

Ironhihe - Window tint. Autobot decal on hood (Less Movie Accurate). Additional paint detail in robot mode.

Blackout - Movie accurate millitary decals. Painted Skorponok. New body part colors in robot mode.

Megatron - Silver Paint w/ aged details.

Prime - New head. New Sword. Grey parts painted silver (see Robovision Prime) Less Movie accurate paint detail in robot mode.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Additional paint covering every inch of the truck mode too. Plastic also molded in different colors.