What is the cheapest for a loose Black Zarak?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Toei, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

I'd love to have a Black Zarak in my collection. But I know how much he costs.

What's the cheapest I can get for one with the head but without any weapons? And not broken?

Also, the head I'm refering to would be the red samurai head. NOT the Zarak transforming headmaster...

2. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

The helmet you mean?
    and he's a heffty price, no matter his condition, not to very many have I seen one loose without any parts.

3. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Well...Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. But could he at least cost less than $1000.00? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I really don't know much about TF pricing...

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I've heard of loose ones going for less than a grand.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    For something so rare and so easily broken, you're not going to find a "definite" price. It would probably be less than $1000 for what you're looking for. Your best bet is to keep a sharp eye on sites like Ebay or stores that deal in vintage stuff and cross your fingers.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    He's not worth the trouble. If you get him loose, odds are you won't find one that isn't broken and if you do it'd likely break by the time you get your hands on it, be incredibly expensive, etc.

Its just not worth it, especially loose.

7. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Well...Perhaps you're right. As cool looking as he is, if BZ breaks too easily, then maybe I should forget him.

I can just imaging how much it'd suck to finally get him, then having him break just minutes after I start playing with him (YES, I play with them!). Perhaps I should forget him after all. :( 

At least I still have MegaZarak. :)  And he was only $100.00! :D 

On another note, do you guys think it's possible that he'd be KO'd sometime? I'm kinda hoping for the KO company that does the replicas of the original boxes as well. In case you're not sure which one I'm talking about, I mean the people who just made the KO of Sunstreaker.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^if your gonna play with him, then pass on him. Too much loot to loose because you broke it.

9. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

That's what I meant.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

LOL, you must never have heard about Black Zarak or about GPS (Gold Plastic Syndrome). Takara/Hasbro never figured that they'd have to worry about toys lasting 20+ years, and the Gold Plastic they used actually breaks down in a relatively short amount of time. Read More About GPS Here, Including Examples at the TF Wiki.

Black Zarak not only suffers from GPS, but is the biggest example of the problem. There are MISB Zaraks that are broken and if you do a search, you'll find the (horror) story of a member here obsessed with Black Zarak who spent a small fortune to get one, then when putting it into his display, the shield fell apart. There are even pictures of BZ's whose gold plastics have crumbled to dust inside the packing tray. This is what makes a complete BZ so expensive, even loose. There weren't that many to start out with, then take away all the broken ones and you're left with a very small number of surviving figures.

There has been hope that Takara will do an encore either directly of Black Zarak or that they do MegaZarak with e-Hobby getting Black Zarak. While KO's may eventually get to them, I wouldn't hold out for it for several reasons.

Personally I would never get Black Zarak, regardless of price due to the GPS. It looks like a great figure and for a reasonable price I would get an updated Encore figure, but an original? No thanks.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
  12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    this! also the only figures that are more tragic with GPS are G2 Electro and Slingshot as both are almost pure gold plastic and as G2 Slingshot has been noted to break when combined with his teammates to form Superion he can bring Superion to his knees, But that said Black Zarak is by far the most expensive sufferer so goos luck finding one for less than a grand

13. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    You just want the body and main red head and nothing elese?

14. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I think the weapons would be cool too and all. But I figure it'll be cheaper without them. But I could be wrong...:eek: 

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cheaper: find someone selling a scorp, a casted head and spear and make your own, for like 300-350

16. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

By the way, the KO company I was refering to is "Zhong Jin AKA Playcenter".

17. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    i just got a BLACK ZARACK mib 2 days ago and its a beauty. pictures dont do justice, but if your planing to play with it or display it in the open i will not recommend it...its made to stay in his box at all time thats if you have a box for it..
    its a great looking toy to have if your collection if you dont mind not playing with it.
    !!!!!!BE WARN ITS NOT FOR THE AVERAGE COLLECTOR!!!!!!!
    HERE ARE SOME PICS OF MINE

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-most-recent-tf-purchase-827.html#post4245056

18. Toei

Toei Well-Known Member

That'll probaly be the better option...

19. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :rock 

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Man, how much did you pay for that?