What is the best Power Core Combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SquirtleSquad7, Jan 5, 2012.

1. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been looking through the PCC line and some look cool, but I know a lot of fans really disliked this line. So, what are the best ones? I have the constructicons, Dinobots, and combaticons.

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Depends on what you're looking for - overall appeal, best robot mode, best alt-mode, best commander/torso mode, etc etc.

Personally, my experience points towards Sledge being one of the overall gems of the line. None of his modes look particularly awkward or fiddly, and he doesn't seem particularly sacrificed for the sake of the combining gimmick. His weakest point is his robot mode head, but that's easily fixed by just spinning it around and giving him his commander mode head. And he looks amazing with the Constructicon drones.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I liked the Combaticons and the Dinobots the best out of the 5-part sets. I found some of the 2-pack robots much more compelling.

4. SquirtleSquad7

SquirtleSquad7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I probably should've specified what terms would make them the best. I'm just looking for other people's personal choices for the best. :]

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    For the two Pack commanders, I really like (in no particular order) Heavytread, Leadfoot, Sledge, and Smoulder.

For the five packs Grimstone/Dinobots and Steamhammer/Constructicons are pretty hard to beat for overall cohesiveness. Even if they are a tad smaller than the other combined 5 packs.

6. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heavytread is my favorite. All of his modes are exceptional.

7. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Personally, I've had both the combaticons and the dinobots. I still have the dinobots, if that tells ya anything. One of these days I'll get my grimy hands on a Heavytread.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I actually just found Skyhammer last week. Haven't opened him up yet.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm very fond of the wave two 2-packs: Sledge, Icepick and Leadfoot. The three are very fun, well made toys.

10. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Best PCC's I own are Undertow and Icepick. I should state that while I have had most of the 5 pack's I've never much cared for those thing that are tried to be passed off as limbs. Also I have yet to get my hands on Heavytread so as soon as I find him Icepick may just be bumped to #3

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Heavytread, Skyhammer, Undertow, Crankcase & Destrons, I even quite like Salvage too. those are good as stand alone scouts and as torsos.

Icepick has a really nice vehicle mode and his Standard robot mode is quite nice - not a fan of the torso though likewise Smoulder & Searchlight. But searchlight has nice drones.

Mudslinger is a bit problematic in places (i.e. you need to know exactly how to transform him or he gets stuck) but his drones are some of the nicest ones. he's also really cheap.

I don't think none of them are completely lacking merit it's just some might be worth paying a little bit more for and some not so much... but overall they are not expensive and if you like Scouts or HA basics you may well like the PCCs too.

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heavytread and Steamhammer+Constructicons are the best imo.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heavytread is the standout, having all three modes pretty good. The unusually large (for a PCC) combined-mode head makes it look more like a single toy than a combined form (especially if you use matched limbs)

Grimstone/Dinobots I like as dinosaurs and a cohesive-looking combiner, not so much for Grimstone's small robot mode.

Part of my fun with the PCCs is mixing and matching limbs, such as swapping around to give Bombshock and Crankcase more Bruticus and Menasor-esque combined forms.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Undertow and the Dinobots

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    2-pack wise: Undertow w/ Waterlog

5 pack: Dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Personally, I love Smolder. The rest of the PCCs have lost their appeal to me.

17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Heavytread and Skyhammer are the only two with lasting appeal for me.

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I think the Dinobot and Constructicon sets are the best for 5 packs. I especially love Dinopope. Most of the PCC are pretty good figures i think overall except for the on true pos in the line and that is Double Clutch. I have a strong love hate relationship with this toy. I think he looks awesome in all modes. Both the robot mode and the combined mode look pretty sweet. I love the vehicle mode to. Than comes the issue with this toy is whether it will hold together or not. Those damn arms fall of with what can only be describe as the greatest of ease literally. Getting it into the combined mode is a nightmare because as you try to tab the arms in place they pop off the ball joints. Reconnect the ball joints arms untab. Its a cycle. A tragic story of a toy that could have been great but now belongs on Plastic Addict.

Also for 2 packs i really like all but Searchlight from molds from the first 2 waves. Also the improvised Minicon combiner is fun to put together Peaugh shows it in an old video.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Steamhammer is my favorite.

20. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I don't dislike any of the ones I own and would have gotten quite a few more of them if there were any Wal-Marts around here during the 5+2 Pack Sale. I've got Heavytread, Grimstone, Leadfoot and Huffer, all are winners. I'd probably grab Bombshock, Sledge and Steamhammer if I ran across them. Maybe Darkstream. Though any drones I have are on box-guarding duty. Me no likey combined mode.