What is the best/cheapest method for buying Fortress Maximus for the UK.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cosablanca, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Cosablanca

Cosablanca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I apologise in advance if there is a thread of this already and the UK toy discussion group is too long to get a direct answer to this.

So I'm very interested in buying Fortress Maximus and was wondering what website other UK buyers use.

Kapow toys has it for £300. which is probably around $480.
    Is there a cheaper way of getting it from a US store or even a Japanese store and avoid the massive (>$100) shipping + tax costs?

Many Thanks.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    There's no way to avoid the massive shipping costs and customs. £300 is the cheapest to get it from.

If it weren't for customs, it would be possible to buy him for less than £300 with just shipping. But because of customs, it takes it over £300 even for the cheapest American seller.

I don't know about getting it from a Japanese store though. You'd bypass the shipping charges from Japan to America and the American seller's own profit that way.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put in a preorder with toyzandgamez.com, as they let you pay half up front and then half a week before shipping. Same price, just split to make it a little more manageable. Free shipping too, I don't know about Kapow.

4. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I'm in the Netherlands, and put in my order with Anime-Export.com, in Japan.
    Price-wise, for just FM, it's the cheapest I've yet found it anywhere online (with a pre-order price of $266.41 / £165). They say they'll only send it by EMS or by Airmail, which perhaps aren't the cheapest shipping options, but they are safe and fast shipping options, considering they're shipping it from Japan. It means I'll have this in hand a lot sooner than any European- or US-based webshop can get it to me. Even with EMS shipping (at around £100!) and taxes, chances are good that this option might be cheaper (and almost certainly is faster) than Kapow-Toys could get this to you.

I have to say, Kapow-Toys's free shipping within the UK is a great deal, though. Living in the UK, that £299.99 shipped is very close to the best option, and will definitely save you hassle.

5. lazerous8506

lazerous8506 Seacon

Go with Kapow - their customer service is second to none and shipping is included in that 300 quid. And if there is anything wrong with it when you get it as we have no reference point on a reissue this size in regards to QC issues. You dont want to be shipping the damn thing back to China or Japan -which you probably wont get refunded if it does need returning.

Also I got stung the other week with a package coming into the UK. Was marked as a gift and with a $26 USD amount, cost me $60 USD to ship but still had to pay £25 in 'handling fees' and taxes on the shipping price and value of the item - they added up both figures then taxed that. That was with parcelforce and I would give you a 80-90% probability that it will end up with them when it enters the UK due to the size of it.

6. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Kapow Toys!

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I don't know if its the same for UK, but Robotkingdom definitely is the most reasonable for Australia, both postage and original price, so I'd suggest checking that out as I think we usually have to pay similar costs.