What is the accurate timeline of the movie events?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Productions

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Movie timeline - Transformers Wiki

We know that TF1 takes place in 2007 & ROTF takes place in 2009 but the DOTM timeline is slightly unclear & AOE is only said to be 5 years after the events of DOTM. However, the marketing team reveals that TLK most likely takes place around 2018.
    Screenshot_20180212-105916.png
    My question here is can anyone shed some light as to what years DOTM, AOE & TLK take place?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well with DOTM is clearly around 2011/2012 when Sam graduated from collage and got a job, AOE is also clear to be 2016/2017, and TLK is the one it's present setting is either 2019 or 2020 since it's past settings are bit of a mess up.

3. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    DOTM is confusing. A calendar in Bruce Brazos' office says 2010, but Sam entered college in 2009, meaning DOTM has to take place at least 4 years post, in 2013. The movie was supposed to come out in 2012, and due to the apocalyptic style of the movie, that was probably what they went for. It came out in 2011, which is just an assumed date based on TFs 1 and 2 being set in their release years. For sake of Sam we'll say 2013. That brings us to TF4. AOE is 5 years post TF3, so it'd be set in 2018, right around TLK according to this card here. TLK is never stated to take place anywhere, other than 1600 years after 484 AD, or 2084, which is false (obviously). I'd assume that TF4 takes place in 2018 and TF5 just a couple months later (I'm guessing sometime in Fall). Think about it. In Age of Extinction, Tessa is about to graduate high school, and in The Last Knight she's in college. One could reasonably assume that she's in her first semester, only 4 or so months post-AOE. So basically, to sum it up:

DOTM: around 2013.
    AOE: summer 2018.
    TLK: fall 2018.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

going by in-movie easter eggs/bread crumbs:

tf1 may-june 2007
    tf2 september 2009
    tf3 august 2010
    tf4 june 2015
    tf5 may 2018

dotm throws everything off but aoe & tlk course corrects this & essentially cements dotm as taking place in 2010

this is the best i could figure with what they give us:

updated timeline:
    transformers 1-may-june 2007
    transformers 2-september 2009
    transformers 3-august 2010*
    transformers 4-june 2015
    transformers 5-may 2018

*i know it makes no sense why tf3 takes place in 2010 but going by the dates provided for us in tf4, there's really nowhere else to place it...also....one thing i noticed....megatron's injuries...would he really be THAT messed up 3-4 years after the events of egypt? i don't think so, i firmly believe dotm takes place a relatively short time after the events of rotf. i just kind of pieced together this megatron bit...he's way too damaged for 3-4 years later...the wound still seems kind of fresh..

as for how sam graduated college in a year? idk, head canon is maybe touching the allspark made him kind of a quasi-genius as we saw a little of in rotf & maybe he didn't need the full 4 years to graduate?

let's say dotm takes place in 2013 which would be 4 years for sam to graduate, that would place aoe in 2018? which is when tlk takes place so, there are contradictions everywhere...2010 is really the only 'logical' spot for it to take place

im doing my best here but dotm really doesn't want to play along with the other films..

further extrapolation:

TF1-gleamed from sam's ebay account which shows the auction ending in 6 days (june 6, 2007)

TF2-optimus prime says it's 2 years since tf1 in his opening monologue...otherwise, nothing concrete; going by sam going off to college which generally happens in september in the us & judging from the foliage, it's early september as the leaves haven't turned colors yet & sam's class appears to be the first day which again would generally be in early september.

TF3-*-this one, like many things about dotm, just doesn't make sense...the calendar on brazos' wall says it's january 2010...yet if that's the case then sam somehow graduated college in 4 months...even if we go by what sam's dad says '3 months out of college & he still doesn't have a job' would place this film taking place in august of 2010 (which is a better possibility considering the foliage) that means he completed college in a year? it still doesnt make sense. sam states it's the 11th. there is another calendar when sam & simmons visit the russians that shows sept/oct & aug of 2010..further supporting the august theory..given the quirky nature of brazos combined with the inconsistent weather & im leaning towards august of 2010

TF4-tessa proclaims only 2 weeks until her graduation (which puts it at an upper 98% chance of being in june). attinger says it's been 5 years since the battle of chicago. the photos of the dinosaur skeletal remains darcy shows joyce is from september 2014, which means the film must take place after that (& also soft-confirms dotm did indeed take place in 2010), at least by a few months, or even longer since it appears it's been a while since their last convo...this would also mean the beginning section of aoe with darcy takes place in sept 2014 (& you can't really use the prop date error on this like you can in dotm because why would the prop dates be in future time? makes no sense) aoe was released in june 2014

TF5-there is a date on the bottom right hand screen when all of the deceptions are being released from captivity..it reads 5-17-18

"they called me obsessed! me? obsessed? can you believe it?"

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I like this theory. I never thought, that DOTM events occur so soon after ROTF... Since TLK is loosly based on AOE events and in fact, falls into another universe, there is no need to find an appropriate time slot for it. Btw, I would never believe, that Cybertron–ł is in our Solar System, like this Movie suggest (~450 astronomic units, as I counted. It is Kuiper belt).

6. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Productions

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Now this clears it all up