what is that?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wrecker217, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    I cannot figure out what building prime flies into and gets stuck on. My friend said it looks like the CC TV building in Beijing.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Did a quick Google search on that building, and it bears a remarkable resemblance to the CG building in DotM. :sly2:  Granted, the building in DotM was not even close to being done "construction", and the actual building was reportedly completed in 2008-2009.

I'm going to assume it's another "Aircraft Boneyard"-scenario. Michael Bay saw that very cool looking building in Beijing, thought it would look cool in his CGI Chicago and decided, "Hey, just plop in right there and replace that boring old regular skyscraper". Why? Because it looks cool.

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    are there any plans to build something like it in chicago?

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I sincerely doubt it. The (CG) building in the movie in Chicago is identical to the one in Beijing; it'd be like building another Chrysler Building, but in Vancouver. Or making a Hoover Dam in Brazil.

Again, it was basically Bay saying "Hey, that building would look killer in the Chicago battle!"