What is 'spam'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snark, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

Anyway, I had a look through the board rules, and I found the rule against spam to be incredibly vague. In it's entirety, it is as follows:

12. No Spam
    We do not allow spamming in our general forums. Spam is relegated to the Fuzzy World Forum. The Fuzzy World is a perk for TFW2005 Supporters.

Is there a more concise definition of what exactly constitutes spam? And if such a definition exists, where is it and is it definitive?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm assuming this thread will eventually be closed as spam. Basically, it's whatever the mods deem unwanted.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Have u considered tech support considering its rules related?

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I think it's pretty agreeable as to what constitutes spam even to people who aren't mods.

I look at it as posting just to post... no real discussion area or anything, just literally randomness with no purpose other than having made a thread or posted.

Example:

Discussion topic

Vs.

Spam

And, the rule is right.. trust me... if the second type of posting is more your since of humor, then, without spoiling, pay the $25 or whatever and gain access to the Fuzzy world.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    While the definition comes from the Wikipedia page, I feel the entry is relatively accurate:

"Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums. It is generally done by automated spambots."

If what you have posted is the type of thread or post that is deemed unwanted, it is considered to be spam. There is a certain etiquette to these forums; not everything goes. I believe that line is not a hard on to find.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.