What is shattered glass?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, May 7, 2011.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I've been around Transformers since I was a kid, kinda skipped out on the Armada, Cybertron stuff etc. but started getting back in around RID then really jumped back in when they released classics.

Problem is, I'm not up to par on a lot of the "not so mainstream" stuff such as a lot of the Japanese releases and KO's so much. I'm just trying to get in and learn this stuff. I've been a member here since I think, 2006? and I should know a lot more.

Sorry about all that but my question here is I keep seeing references to 'Shattered Glass" items. Can you guys fill me in on what the means and what it's all about?

thanks in advance

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Shattered Glass was introduced at Botcon 2008, and to sum it up in a nutshell, it is a world where the Autobots are evil and the Decepticons are good.

The Autobots insignia is purple while the Decepticons insignia is red, and each TF changes colors to reflect the faction change - Optimus Prime, for example, is black and purple.

There are only a handful of toys made for it, and they usually go from $100 - $500 (Optimus Prime being the most expensive.)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shattered_Glass - overview

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shattered_Glass_(toyline) - toyline

3. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Well-Known Member

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
  5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glass that's been dropped on the ground and broken.

:) 

It's a one shot botcon comic where the autobots were the bad guys and decepticons were good in an alternate universe. Definitely an elseworlds with no real ties to any established canon.

6. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Awesome. Thanks for all the info!

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's seven years bad luck.

That weird. Big Daddy is listed as a Shattered Glass reporpose? But he's a almost completely 100% homage to the micromaster.

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Botcon comic was damn good and sums up everything nicely. Pick it up!

10. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    It's like Star Trek's mirror universe - the good guys are bad, the bad guys are good. Optimus Prime might try to kill you, but don't worry - Megatron will save you. Get it?

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    an evil glass substance that makes all bad things good and all good things bad...and makes rodimus look badass and not like a douchebag for once.

12. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    bizarro transformers

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

In one of the side stories (I think "Eye in the Sky", something to do with the GODS satilite) Big Daddy, who shows up as the WalMart exclusive, is some old coot who rants on about "Autobot Values", which in the SG universe boil down to everything that regular not-SG Decepticons follow. Not everybody in the SG universe needs a color swap to be evil (I.E. SG Galvatron, drawn as a repainted Cyb. Evac because of the head resembling G1 Galvatron already, bears his original purple-and-orange colors but isn't evil).

I also noticed that somebody brought up the cannonocity of the SG verse in regards to everything else, but that depends on which cannon is being dicussed. The catch with SG is that it was the home universe to Heatwave, who is the core component to the unfortunately named "Nexus Maximus" or "Nexus Prime", depending on context. Nexus Maximus/Prime is I THINK supposed to be one of the Original 13 along with The Fallen and Vector Prime, which means he's supposed to be cannon everywhere he shows up in official media.

That only complicates things further because the limbs of Nexus (insert second part of name here) come from at least three different continuities;

Skyfall and Landquake - Cybertron continuity
    Breakaway - Classics continuity
    Topspin - technically Transtech (actual origin unknown, because he can't remember, but he meets his similar-colored buddies in Transtech)

It's all very confusing, really. Oh, and I think CJ is still stuck in the SG verse as well.