What is recommended, encore Bruticus or KO Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Hey all,

I have been thinking of picking up a G1 Bruticus. Which one is better, the encore or the KO. I believe a while back people were saying get the KO.

2. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the Encore, don't have the KO. Is there a Bruticus KO giftset? I haven't seen it, but it wouldn't surprise me. The Encore would definitely be more expensive than a KO version. I went with the Encore to get an official release. I'm happy with it, good quality.

I've seen a few of the KO combiners, the ones that are high quality repro's in the G1 boxes, and the quality is quite good as well. Encore Bruticus seems to go usually $150+ these days, the KO combiners are closer to $100, maybe 125. Usually when the prices are close, I go with the official release. Maybe someone else on here has both versions and can better speak to this.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen a "quality" KO Bruticus recently, are you talking about the vintage KO?

I'd suggest purchasing the Encore or vintage Bruticus. It's funny, back when Bruticus was reissued, a lot of fans HATED it. Check out the review thread, people complained about the tiniest, microscopic things they could. Plus, stories pretty much sold him for clearance prices just to move the stock...
    He just wasn't popular.

Fast forward a couple of years, he doubled in price:lol 

In case you're wondering, I purchased the vintage set; just seemed like a better value in the end. For 160, I purchased a set with all packaging and accessories. Of course, the encore would of been nice too; Onslaught has that ramp launcher that was left off the American release but I'll live.

Good luck on your choice! Either way, Devastator is better:lol 

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have devastator and predaking already. So I am deciding on my next combiner. I saw a couple Ioffer guys selling the ko one. I just heard so many complaints on the encore, that I wanted to see.

I may try to find an original for the die cast.

5. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I think I remember reading your previous posts from before that you are a G1 collector. I too am one and am trying to get everything from 1984-1986. That being said, because the reissue Bruticus figures have been remolded to death, I wouldn't bother with one of them. As for the KO, they are so hit and miss it's not even funny.

You can still acquire a vintage loose complete G1 Bruticus for around the same price as the Encore reissue. Plus, I think it's fun when you can land a set of vintage G1's, clean them up to get them minty again and then restore the stickers with Reprolabels/TFStickers, etc. Good luck to whatever decision you will make. :) 

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    vintage or encore, personally i want a vintage one, encore has some mold wear

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    screw em both and get the urban camo one imo

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay: