What is Project: Iacon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Mar 4, 2012.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching Orion Pax, Part 1 to 3, I have come to these conclusions regarding Project: Iacon:

Megatron must have figured out, or has always known from the start, that Vector Sigma was located beneath Kaon (why would there be Insecticon sentries there in the first place to protect it if there were no more Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron)!

He needed Optimus (as Orion Pax) to find the relevant data to access it!

He had that massive, underground Space bridge built to maintain access to it!

Whatever the end game is regarding Project: Iacon, it is certain to be massive trouble for the Autobots!

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that Project Iacon is a bunch of coordinates on Earth. I mean they kind of flat out said it to us. Like in dialogue.

3. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

A disappointing story-arc that will be tossed away like a dirty pair of underwear.

4. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Energon seeding sites that Shockwave set up in the final days of the Cybertronian war.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm guessing something that'll be re-visted later on in the show. I mean why would Megatron go through this trouble with it if it wasn't anything important?

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Also, to be fair, the entrance to Vector Sigma is underneath Kaon. The books say that Vector Sigma itself is under Iacon. Now, whether the Binder of Revelation has that specifically mentioned, the TFP writers decided "screw it, we'll put it in Kaon", or Alex Irvine said "screw it, I'll put it in Iacon", is under debate.

As of this moment, the entrance for sure is under Kaon, the tunnel possibly leads to Vector Sigma being directly under Iacon.

7. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

They were in stasis in-case the enemy returned. Duh!!!!! :) 

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is so far from right....

Megatron didn't know Vector Sigma was beneath Kaon. They flat out said it.

Why was there an insecticon guarding it? It's in Kaon! That's the Decepticon capital! There is probably a LOT of equipment and information the Autobots could use in that city.

Project Iacon had coordinates on Earth, not Cybertron. We don't know what those are for but likely will throughout the season.

Megatron built the space bridge so he could ferry troops to and from Earth. It's a very big tactical advantage.

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't Hasbro allowing for some leeway in the storytelling by the various authors, though? This would just be an example of that. In Exodus, Vector Sigma is under Iacon. In Prime, Kaon.

10. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    While heavily possible, at the very least I feel the claim that what is underneath Kaon is the entrance to Vector Sigma. Being the anal stickler that I am, the variable of just how long Jack walked for could (currently strictly as possibility) have been the required distance to be underneath Iacon. I just so desperately want the history/geography/society part of the continuity to be safely connected.

11. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Actually I think the novel said the entrance to Kaon was in the Sonic Canyons.

There could be more than one entrance of course though

12. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I'm going to guess instead of "Kaon", you meant "Vector Sigma". According to rumor, Vector Sigma was in the Sonic Canyons (the "Ears of Primus"), the Decepticons did bomb it looking for the entrance to the computer, but only a few of "Cybertron's elite" knew that Vector Sigma was actually underneath Iacon.

13. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    oopsie lol