What is Neo G1 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lonewolf, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Like the title says.

I've a lot of people talking about that,
    but I know jack as to what is Neo G1.

So if anybody can give me some pointers, I'll
    be grateful.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's the line Hasbro proposed to put out after cybertron, but before the movie. Upgraded G1 stuff. No proof of anything yet, however.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    At BotCon, they showed concept pictures of Megatron (as a gun) and an articulated Starscream figure as a modern jet. There is nothing more than those pictures, of which case there has been no sharing of as Hasbro requested not to have any photography during the panel, but I swear someone had to have taken a picture.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

sounds pretty exciting to me.

5. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

6. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Well I can't see them using a gun design for megs anyway, whatever about starscream.

I'm just wondering will they be some G1 robotmasters in US packaging...

Then again maybe I'm wrong :D 

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Aaron Archer explicity said they will not be Takara's Robotmasters since he can't stand them. All new molds from what I understand.

8. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Ah right, didn't know that, missed two years of TF info, only bits I got were off my mobile phone through the net and it wasn't alot :( 

Hopefully they'll turn out to be what we've wanted for so many years, I'm lookin forward to a new G1 Starscream, I myself am not really bothered with the Robotmasters, if they were to trun up in the country in the morning I might invest but they don't come high on my priority list of buys.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

The design of Megatron apparently makes it obvious that it isn't a real gun. My understanding is that Starscream was a deluxe, show accurate version of his f-15 mold, but now I'm guessing it's a more modern jet. It was also apparently stated that the liune would consist of Deluxes and Megas (or, Voyagers) only. Everyone seems to think it is this "Transformers: Classics" line that's popped up recently on Target computers.

10. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somebody had to have taken pictures, that's just the nature of things. Whoever they are, though, they're keeping a damn tight lid on things. :-/

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Just had a silly thought. They could release the WST toys as Transformers Classics minicon battlepacks. That would be both awsome and hillarious at the same time.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Even if they had, my hunch is the mods here wouldn't let them be posted directly, not that I have a problem with that policy, mind you.
    If someone had taken pics though, methinks they would have popped up by the Monday after the con, let alone by now, almost six months later.
    $10 says we see something at Toy Fair, if only one or two actual molds, maybe still unpainted, of the 3-4 pics that were shown at Botcon.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That was'nt a mockup name for the G1 guys coming to Target is it?

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aaron Archer can't stand cool basics like Machine Wars Mirage yet pimps out shit like Armada Smokescreen? Wtf man :( 

JUST KIDDING, I don't care really, I think it's cool to have a Japanese only line to collect with RobotMasters.

Anyway, I hope we get some news at ToyFair.

15. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

So basically Neo G1 sounds like Transformers Masterpiece for Kids who have heard of G1 and maybe have watched G1 (like me) as well as collectors (and people who aren't willing to fork out alot of money for one toy.)

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I see this line as making me poor, I will want all of it and my kids will as well (They LOVE G1) so 2 of everything for me

17. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I enjoyed the RobotMasters. Aaron seems to hate them. He has a lot to live up to in terms of toy design with Beast Wars 10th OP and Megs and the Neo G1, if he says that they are better than RobotMasters.

Unless, as you point out, Aaron's view of a good TF is somewhat skewed, and we get a bunch of crap.

A second thought: How can Hasbro make a TF series without Takara? That hasn't happened in a few years.

18. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    They aren't Takara does the engineering, and there are rumors of the Takara version of the line creaping out as we speak.

19. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Aaron himself said at Botcon that his biggest disappointment since he's headed the TF brand was Armada Smokescreen. It didn't turn out how he wanted it at all.

Neo Starscream was an F-15, just like his old self.

And for those of you wanting Robotmasters instead of Neo G1, you'll be eating your words when you see the new toys. Starscream blows his Robotmasters version out of the freaking sky. The Robotmasters one looks goofy as hell compared to the Neo G1 version.

Also, the Robotmasters, at least the new molds, are too small to be deluxes, and too large to be basics. Which Aaron cited as another reason for them not seeing release here in the states.

And really...they're not very detailed and just don't look as good as any of the main lines. Plus there's only what, 7 brand new molds anyway. And all but 2 are Autobots. Not much of a line.

20. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Something that I noticed about the Classic Transformers listing was that the Megas were $20, and the Deluxes $13. Eh?