What is Love?(A survey)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frenzy.mp3, Aug 20, 2008.

1. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but this is a question to all the enamored members of TFW.

I'll ask you some questions about love and whatnot as please answer honestly.

1. During your youth did you ever think about finding the right guy/girl, i.e. the person you'd spend the rest of your life with?

2. What attracts you to a potential mate?

3. How do/did you let someone like/love know that you like/love them?

4. Are looks important?

5. How do you know Mr/Mrs. Right from Mr./Mrs. Wrong?

6. Please list your personal ideas on the subject of true love.

Thanks for your time

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

eh i normally run past these but what the hell.......... I watched when harry met sally sunday night so im feelin sappy ! :) 

1. Yes, too much.......... thats why now I dont even worry about it, to the point of leaving it completely up to chance lol

2. She has to be able to keep up with me intellectually, and like to have just as much or more fun as me.

3. Feign ignorance until she brings it up. Saves trouble of having to have DTR conversations. And I can have fun in the mean time.

4. yes

5. you dont until its over....... or 50 years into a good marriage

6. True love is not glamorous...... its actually quite painful

3. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    So those of us who are currently single are not eligible for answering? :p 
    Heartbreak and rejection can give you some pretty interestings insights on these issues....

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

lol i didnt even know what enamored meant

and can a mod change the title to

What is love?........... Baby dont hurt me......... baby dont hurt me......... no more

? :D 

5. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    :lol 

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    1. During your youth did you ever think about finding the right guy/girl, i.e. the person you'd spend the rest of your life with?
    -Yep. Found her too, or at least I hope. Way things are going it will likely work out that way.
    -She has to be smart. And when I say smart I mean not stupid like 99% of the women my age (21).
    -I tell her every day, and do things for her because I want to, not because she asks. I treat her with respect.
    4. Are looks important?
    -You're obviously not going to want to be with someone you don't find attractive.
    -With Mrs. Right, you don't have to tell yourself she's Mrs Right. You just know.
    -You can't go looking for it. You'll know when it finds you.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And what about those who are bitter, cynical, hatefull husks with no human decency in them whatsoever?

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    1. Only sometimes

2. Shallow as it may be, I'll go for looks first (based on my gut instinct that hasn't failed me yet)

3. Haven't had to, but I'd imagine I'll use words.

4. See number 2.

5. She who deals with all my quirks and still manages to love me wins.

6. Do I think it exists? Yes. Have I found it? No. Do I think I will? If I don't fuck things up with what I'm currently going after, I may. If not, I may just say "fuck it" and stay single.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. You're young, don't bother with it.

2. A nice tail.

3. Well I think we can learn a lot from the animals for this. They're good at showing affection.

4. For me, not really. But that's because I'm in to... costumes of sorts. You... you wouldn't understand.

5. Mrs. Right wouldn't judge me for simply expressing my true inner-self. Mrs Wrong would be ignorant and purrrrrsecute me.

6. The more you look for it the less likely you are to find it.

10. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    What is love?

I don't know why you're not fair. I give you my love, but you don't care. So what is right, and what is wrong? Gimme a sign.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This...

[​IMG]

As for the questions, not sure I'm qualified to answer them, though I'll give it a shot :D 

Used to, now I don't really think about it. It'll happen when it happens.

Several different things.

It really depends on the person in question. Though I've learned several different ways not to.

4. Are looks important?
    To a certain degree, yes.

While I haven't found Mrs. Right, yet, I do know this. You'll just know.

It's different for everybody. Some people are actually destined to stay alone their whole lives. It's really something that's truly different for everybody.

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    This has the potential to be the most cliche-ridden thread ever.

13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

What the hell, here's my input:

1. During your youth did you ever think about finding the right guy/girl, i.e. the person you'd spend the rest of your life with? Never really cared about those things.

2. What attracts you to a potential mate?Looks and (seriously) a good personality

3. How do/did you let someone like/love know that you like/love them? For my current girlfriend, I got really drunk and asked her to a movie.

4. Are looks important?Yes and no. I usually have to be physically attracted to someone before I'm interested. However, I've met girls in the past that have defied that reasoning and won me over with their personalities.

5. How do you know Mr/Mrs. Right from Mr./Mrs. Wrong?You don't until you've been with them for awhile. I've been with my current girlfriend for four years and I can't imagine being with anyone else! That wasn't the way I felt when we first started dating, though.

6. Please list your personal ideas on the subject of true love. I think love is possible. I live with it every day. I don't like the romantic idea of there being "One True Love". I say this because a lot of people will waste their lives looking for a mystical ideal that, in my opinion, is unattainable. Love is great. It is also hard work sometimes. If someone is trying to find a situation where there are never any arguments, disagreements, or hurt feelings they are only fooling themselves and as a result could be missing out on something great. Just my :2c: 

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Sometimes.

Looks, sense of humor and inteligence.

Words, acts.

4. Are looks important?

For me, yeah. sorry if I offend people, but in this case I´m honest about that.

Can´t awnser that.

It´s a very wide and variable topic.

15. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

FYI I'm still young so I'll post what I can.

1. Yes all the time. (even if i'm young >.>)

2. Kindness, a good personality.

3. I tend to just ask them out or don't at all. >.>

4. They matter. I mean they don't have to be a slammin hottie.

5. Can't to young.

6. I haven't felt it yet. I thought I did once. But that was just childish love.

16. newguy

newguy i

well clearly looks dont mater if your pants are to your knees and your all ganstered out. west side home foshizil dizil wizil nizil boy.

17. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    And I thought this was a Macross-related thread :( 

18. DMK

DMK Flame-Haired Raptor

No; unfortunately I was stupid/blind/rejectful of the endless possibilities of life and was sure I'd found them already.

Personality. I like people with open minds who've had experiences in life, who've explored themselves (MENTALLY YOU PERVS), and who'll share those things with me. A good sense of humor is especially helpful (especially if it's dark and/or perverted.) Also find myself attracted to crass-natured, jaded, "had it with everything" types... probably because I relate so damn well ;) 

Flat out say it. Spent too long playing the whole "hee hee" flirting game; if you want to make your kill then you've got to sink your teeth in before it runs off into the woods.

4. Are looks important?

In the long run, looks are only good for getting someone's attention in the first five seconds they see/meet you. If the love is real then your honey will love and want you no matter what you look like.

You don't until you get to know someone. Mr. Right will always be there for you, want to talk about it, ask you how your day was, know your interests and put up with them (even if it doesn't interest them or outright scares them :lol ), send you little love notes to pick you up when you're feeling down, and know when to back away slowly when you've had enough. Mr. Wrong will DEMAND to know where you were/who you were with/what you were doing rather than how your day was, act as if his day was more important than yours, never make any attempts at helping you with things (unless it benefits him of course), and will push you to your breaking point just because he can.

True love is a wild beast that no man will ever tame; it comes and goes as it pleases, and if it likes you it will stick around. Feed it and it will grow and stay; starve it and it'll become unhealthy and run off. Try to leash it and it will become angry. Ignore it and it'll have no time left for you.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Love is when two people decide there's no one else they'd rather fuck.

True story.

20. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Love is when you've beaten down the other person emotionally to the point that he or she think they can't do better than you.