What is it with Transformers and...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Julliant, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

DISAPPEARING TRAILERS!

Just kidding, this is not a serious rant or put-down of TF Animated, but I just thought of bringing this up.

Didn't Ratchet get his EMP back already? Are TF:A episodes not drawn in sequence like G1 or is it just a animation error? I doubt Ratchet would leave his EMP behind.

[​IMG]

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    disappearing trailers are as important to the transformers mythos as scale and annoying children.

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I merely assumed Ratchet was sort of disgusted by his EMP, having it being turned into such an effective weapon by Lockdown, so he just stopped using it.

Though that would really come in handy now, with the imminent Decepticon assault.

4. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I agree he wasnt to fond of it after lockdown used it as a weapon

5. Julliant

That's an excellent theory, though he should patch up that hole seriously.

6. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    After Ratchet uses the EMP, it's nowhere to be found while they're escaping Lockdown's ship. Perhaps he left it behind? *rewatches the end*

EDIT: Yeeeup. On Ratchet's trip down with Prime, that old war wound's back in all its glory, with no sign of the EMP in the backdrop of Ratchet's OR. ^^;

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i dont think he got it back but i know that he fixed that spot on his arm though hm i dont know i think that its just a animation glitch

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ratchets and old guy. he forgets things.

9. Julliant

He put it back onto his arm at 20:59, wouldn't make sense he'd then take it off and dump it in the falling ship.

I hope they explain that he did leave the EMP behind for the reason DilaZirk mentioned.

10. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    And after that incident, rather than seeing a closed up arm, suggesting that the EMP had de-formed back into his arm, we're clearly shown a shot of his wound again. As for sense, he did seem pretty upset about seeing it used as a weapon, perhaps he wouldn't want to use it against the Decepticons.

Also, perhaps the flashback shown right before he reclaims the EMP is meant to imply that he again overloaded it, this time to destroy Lockdown's ship, while destroying the EMP itself?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    His line about the EMP being used improperly as a weapon pretty much shows how he hates the fact that Lockdown would do such a thing, and probably left it intentionally because it tainted by his evil. I think he just used it then to show Lockdown just what he'd turned it into by using it to down his own ship.

Prime's trailer: the show has done a pretty good job of keeping it as more of a nessesity and not someting he constantly takes with him. If he's just going somewhere where his disquise is important, or if he just has the chance, he'll take it along, but he's frequently shown in vehicle mode without his trailer, showing that he does leave it behind sometimes.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I love the theories in this thread...Just don't be surprised if he suddenly has it again in a later ep and it turns out to be nothing more then an animation glitch. ;) 

13. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think it's safe to assume that the animaors forgot to draw ratchet's emp and this "event" has no connection with the storyline.

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Where are Bee's ass rockets?

Probably in an emergency he would take it around but he was on his way to the Ark with no idea he would be ambushed.

I mean it is like owning an AK-47 and carrying it with you on the way to work. It is probably on the shelf back at the base.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Yea, I fully expect that to happen. I mean, Ratchet has no problems using his magnets for full on offensive reasons so I doubt he'd be so "disguted" at something like that to compeletly leave it behind.

Didn't they know the d-cons were mobilizing in force, hence the reason for Prime needing to ask the Dinobots for help? If they already knew the bad guys were gathering and ready to strike, I think it would be a perfect time to bust out that "AK-47".

Though it's not like he'd get a chance to use it anyway.

16. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Shhhhhhhhhhhs! We are trying to explain animation errors as implicitly designed that way! Like Sunstorm and the neon green seeker and Load Hauler in g1!

17. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I'm going to start a petition to get Hauler a figure.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    His magnets aren't use as torture devices.;) 

They fell apart while he was re-entering erath's atmosphere at like a bazillion miles per minute, remember?

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    As for Ratchet still having his wound. From what I gathered he still has it as a reminder to himself of the past, what he has been through, and learned and such.

20. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Perhaps they're using a "basic" animation model, for all of season 1, not knowing what order episodes would air in?