What is it with animal cruelty these days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I kind of have to agree. Though I hate animal cruelty, this isn't it here. This is just...weird.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

How the fuck is this even news? Aside from telling us that the people from (I presume) 4chan have too much time on their hands, what does this have to do with anything? "Young woman is taxidermist." Well whoop-dee-frigging-doo. "Hey, let's all gather round and make fun of someone who's different! Life just hasn't been fun since those uppity blacks and gays went and got themselves legally recognised as proper human beings, but this girl's white so we can laugh at her all we want! Then we can go eat a fucking Big Mac whilst complaining about how she treated a dead animal."

3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    The dog was already dead, it can hardly be classed as 'cruelty'

Also, ROFL @ furries.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I find this indeed sick But as it has been said before,The dog was already dead and had been hit by a car,The girl should go see a therapist for actually believing she's a werewolf though.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Wha...

7. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I understand cows pigs chickens etc. those are animals that we domesticated for food for the past couple thousand years, but this is a dog. Something thats intelligent, that has feelings and can think, something that gives it a human quality like a soul. I'm not a religious person by any means but I am respectful of mostly everything that is deceased. You find a dead dog in the woods, you dig a hole, you bury it, then you call a local animal shelter to see if any missing dog reports are up in the area. And if you here on the news that it's someone's dog that went missing you alert the owners and tell them the unfortunate news. You don't however cut it's fucking head off and post it on an image board for the entire world to see. It's fucked up.

So it's not animal cruelty, but it seems this person has no respect for the dead. And she's fucked up to begin with which is bad enough. It was someone's dog, and if I was the owner I'd be pretty pissed off that my pet's remains were desecrated by some furry to add to their collection.

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    So are you against taxidermy as a whole, or just the way she went about it?

Quite a few people have their dead pets stuffed and mounted to preserve their memory rather than burying them.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Other cultures think of the cow as one of their most sacred animals, yet we eat them. Some cultures eat horses and other eat dog. Just because we as a culture ascribe human characteristics to animal doesn't mean they actually possess them.

How many dead dogs have you found and buried? How many owners of lost dogs have you tracked down?

No, she has no respect for your definition of the dead as it applies to household pets. Plenty of people get their dead pets/animals stuffed, and while this may be a little different from the norm it certainly doesn't fall into the realm of "fucked up."

To each their own, I don't think any of us are really in a position to judge....even if she thinks of herself as a werewolf.

I can agree with this to an extent.

10. Tyrannosaur

I dunno, I still find it creepy. I do and have found lost pets before in my neighborhood before and called my local ASPCA to take them in, where they later have been returned to their loving family. A cat kept wandering around in my yard last summer, she had no owner as it seems, so we took her into our home and she's part of our family.

I have seen dead pets before, and it's sad. My family has called the ASPCA to see if anyone's pet was missing, and sometimes that poor dog or cat did belong to someone and I hate to bring bad news to people.

But I respect your point-of-view and opinion(s) but I still think what this girl did is a little wierd. And it is a damn cute dog too, it feels wrong to do something like this to a dead animal that belonged to someone. Thats what bothers me. She didn't stuff it as you metioned, she cut the head off the body and took it home, took a picture, posted it up on 4chan, and boiled it. Stuffing a pet I've seen before but I never heard of anyone decapitating their pet to keep it as a display piece.

Look up the picture of the dog's head and try to tell me thats not messed up what she did.

11. smkspy

I get why you find it creepy. As a longtime dog and cat owner, a very small reactionary part of me thinks WTF but only for a second as I think my definition of what is normal is not universal.

And good for you on doing something about lost animals in your neighborhood. So kudos there.

And what she did....I dunno, I once did this same thing with a bull's head. I didn't cut the head off, but I did boil it so I could mount the skull in my barn. This was all the pre-internet "look at me, look at me" age, so I don't if I would have posted it on some website, but probably if that was around then. Besides the fact that it is a dog, it isn't much different from anything hunters do on a regular on a basis.

12. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Yeah, PETA will make this situation even better :rolleyes2 

I find this creepy for sure, not something I would do at all. But taxidermy isn't all too uncommon, so really, it's her business and not mine if the dog was already dead.

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Oh wow...That's a VERY odd thing to do.

14. Tyrannosaur

Thanks for the kudos, it's the nicest thing you've said to me on this board :) 

Yeah I love animals, except for fisher cats and coyotes because I don't want my pets to get attacked when I let them outside to do their business. I always keep an eye out for a missing pet everywhere I go.

Just a question about the bull's head. Was the head decapitated when you found it or was it just a rotting skull? I think I'm reading it wrong or somethin.

I understand what you did with the bull and what hunters do. They keep them as trophies, we've been doing that for thousands of years. Killing animals and displaying them as a sign of our strength. It's human behavior. Hell, the money I would pay to hunt a T.rex and display that head over my fire place :lolol  I've been playing that old computer game Carnivores for too long.

15. smkspy

A neighbor's bull died from old age, and he was disposing of the body. I asked for the skull because the bull had some pretty large horns on him. I took home and boiled it. It was an interesting experience, one I don't care to try ever again lol.

16. Tyrannosaur

Now that I understand. It just seems wierd and disrespectful with what that girl did though, maybe it's just me.

17. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

my uncle did the same thing to a bull, except we ate it.

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    :eek: 

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

What? too weird?

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

I can understand why some people can't stomach it, but I don't see why anybody would get worked up over this; aside from the fact that it was her pet beforehand, and a dog rather than a cat, this isn't any different than what I did in my high school anatomy class. Think this is strange? take a look at what is done to human bodies just to keep them from decomposing for a little while so friends and family can pay their respects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.