What is it about new Transformers...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wyvern, May 13, 2011.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Earlier today I was walking through the Transformers section at Walmart when I noticed a crap load of DOTM figures on the shelves. I don't collect movie figures and have no clue what's being made. That being the case, I caught myself looking through the entire stock. I might even have thought about buying a figure or two. Luckily I said to myself, "You fool! You don't collect movie stuff. You don't even like the esthetic. Put it back and walk away". So I did. But what the hell? Am I really that addicted to the plastic crack? Lol.

Has anything like this ever happen to any of you?

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

hey, to me and my son the movies are fun and so are the toys. : )

3. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every single time the movie figures come out.

At Fred Meyer tonight I even asked an employee when they were planning on putting out the movie stuff, and I don't even plan on buying any of it.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    When nothing new has been coming out..you latch on to whatever you can find.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like all TF line aesthetics, so I'm easy to please.

I'm also a big fan of the engineering, so each figure appeals to me on that level as well.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yes it did. I used to think I hated the movieverse, until my brother gave me a ROTF Thrust as a gift. I found him to be so awesomely cool, I had to get ROTF Sideswipe as I had heard great things about him. The rest is history ^^

They helped me overcome the sadness of Animated having ended.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I don't collect the Movie lines either, I've got random figures from the first 2 lines because of gifts, but I always catch myself browsing the figures when I'm in stores.

8. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

i think they're neat. I'm considering buying the two pack buster prime/jetfire, a battle blades bumblebee, and a MPM-01 leader starscream just to keep my lone HA Jazz company. but i've held back.

9. CyberTutu

CyberTutu Member

honesty I like the movie aesthetics, in fact my first tf was Legends Blackout.

10. GunBusterX

GunBusterX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy any movieverse stuff when the DOTM line releases but I've already bought deluxe Roadbuster and the legends rodimus 3 pack. The cyberverse stuff is mighty tempting too.

11. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea, I should rephrase what I said earlier, I didn't collect Movie stuff till now, there are so many Store Exclusive that I want, and I want Ultimate Prime, Megs, Shockwave, Sentinel Prime, and The Wreckers.

So, this line has converted me to buying Movie figures.

12. DunnoJack

DunnoJack Well-Known Member

I did the same thing today but with a different toy line. I was in Toys R Us and saw the new Green Lantern figures out. I have no intention of buying any of the figures, but I had to stop and look through all of them to see what was being made lol. I have to admit some of them look neat.

With Transformers (or other lines), I think it is the desire to know which characters are being made, and how they turned out.

13. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

Movie toys are crap, I'm glad I'll be getting a break from giving hasbro money. It'll make buying the fansproject insecticons less painful.

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This is it for me right here. I almost bought a movie toy as well, but then I reminded myself of how much I love my rotf toys that are all in my son's room now. Its cool, but its not me. Plus, I want to buy FP stuff and not devy until the new classics line comes out.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I have PCC guys because of that same urge lol

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Having experienced the lack of Transformers on US shelves in the early 90's, then around 2000 or earlier(heh, especially vehicle transformers for the latter!), I usually find myself drawn to new Transformers. At least to look at them, I buy a lot but not all of them.

17. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I'm an old-school guy & the other day I walked into a local Target & the toy-section was flooded with DOTM shit. I had a look at this & that and I felt no urge to buy anything at all. I then walked into the Lego aisle & the new Technic stuff almost suckered me in... :lol 

18. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I always take a good look at what any version of TFs is like; always something in each line, but very, very few I ever feel I want to buy.

I think it's pretty easy to look without wanting to buy anything, and it's great there's been such a range of excellent styles in recent years; you've got the Movie franchise that finally dragged things up to date, so now we have toys of that, the Animated line (and now TF Prime) for the modern stuff, the Classics/United etc stuff & reissue G1 stuff for nostalgia - Masterpiece and limited series like Alternity are always in the mix doing their own thing, and now there's all this 3rd party stuff flying about (which can be totally hit or miss but the FP stuff, at least, is starting to develop its own sense of style)... can't see what people find to complain about.

I think it's great to see so much diversity and choice, even when you don't see anything you particularly want to buy. No plastic crack addiction needed to justify that... I guess it's only if you feel compelled to buy that you should get worried ;) 

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have this problem alot with other toy lines, i have to talk myself out of buying marvel and dc toys all the time and more recently Halo figures

20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. I never collected Star Wars toys before. I bought a 501st Trooper I think in 2008 and never stopped since. Now I'm at over 100 Star Wars 3.75 inch scale figures, most of them clone trooper variants.