What is goin on with DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey dudes its Jimmy from Autobot City, Please tell me if someone made is thread, I know everyone has been expressing their distaste in this issue, but I just thought I would express my opinion. Ever since the toys for the first film came out I fell in love with them mainly because they were the first of their kind, nothing was ever released like it before, and more simply they were the first toys from a live action film. I eventually got the whole cast. When the second film came around I said that I would get the whole cast from the second film and I did(at least all the ones that were made, give or take a Constructicon here or there...). When I saw Leader Prime and got it I strongly believe that it was and is one of the greatest TFs ever made, Leader Starscream is also on my list of all time favs. The film collection is EPIC and I couldnt wait to here if there was going to be a third. Then when word came about for the third one I said once again without a doubt that I will once again get all the toys and complete the collection that is the TF trilogy. Then when I was witnessing the filming and when my fam got involved in the filming I was getting even more stoked at the toys I was to see. Then in the last few weeks it has been many ups and downs and Im not sure what to think or do.

1) Saw deluxe BB-thought it was a preview fig, if it is or not, not getting it!!

2) Saw Voyager Megs and Ironhide-they look awesome, I am so getting them

3) Saw Leader BB-GREATNESS!!! So getting it and a great addition to the film Leaders(Prime, Megs, Brawl, Prime2, Megs2, Jetfire, and Scream)

4) Saw one of the Wreckers-even though strange design and knowing that they cannot get it screen accurate, I am still getting them......

5) Saw the dreads-sweet, going to pick it up.

6) Saw Voyager Prime(start the downhill spiral)-NO WAY!!!!(unless it has the trailer) Perhaps I am being a bit extreme, looks kinda cheap though.....

7) Saw deluxe Skids-although it has a more simplified design much like Prime, Ill still pick it up

8) rest of the cast I hope;) 

Not sure what to make of this line yet or the Mech Tech thing, I even read today why the line is shaping up the way it is(due to the level of difficulty and hey I could see where they are coming from, even though Leader Prime is a masterpiece it is by far one of the hardest, if not the hardest TF I own). I dont know about you I still am a man of my word and plan to complete the TF film toy collection in its entirety, but I am going to be very careful at which ones I buy, I am already saying know to Prime, is this a sign of things to come, do you think they are coming out with a better Prime, do you dudes think I am smart for doing this or am I a fool for doing this???? Are you guys going to be buying the DOTM line in hopes to complete your film collection??? I have been reading alot of posts and can probably predict your thoughts....anyway just thought its an interesting thing to bring up, share your thoughts dudes;) 

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd really like to see the article, if that's what it was, tgay had the reasoning behind the cheaper looking toys, because if that wad what hasbro said about simplifying ther designs of ther toys, I'm sorry but they lidded. There's nothing simple looking about that prime figure! It just looks cheap! I'll buy the deluxe bb, maybe that voyager megs if he doesn't get a leader, that new ironhide looks freakin hooooooooooot, and the new skids.(with matching mudflap remold) are bought. But the thing I'm kind of disappointed about the most, the gimmic.. It was the one thing about the movie lines I didn't really need to worry about. The dynamics from the first 2 movies wweren't obtrusive to the toys. This mech tech crap is asl over the place though! I'm really sad with they way they went with this line. I'll but the best versions of each character, bit I do so in protest of the mech tech shit. Also, why don't you every posy in ther sightings forum man? Los of good people over there. :) 

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I can't comment one way or the other until I see more.

4. Jimmy88

News Credits:

Yeah man I hear yah about the Mech tech thing, very strange......hmmm that sounds like an interesting idea......is that just for new TF sightings????

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :ev: 

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Some of the figs look really lame, like the new Voyager Ops. But honestly, the biggest sin of the entire line is that fucking leader Bumblebee.

7. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I am a little bummed by some of the figures we've seen,but still I might get 5 or 6 of them like Voy. Megs,Deluxe Screamer,that HA basic helicopter just front paged,maybe Leader Bee but that crap on top of him in alt mode is either fodder or nephew present to get turned to junk within 5 minutes,and a Dread mobile.But the rest are eh till they come out.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well.. Yes n no, we've moved most of our general discussion to the conventions and get towers area though. But to stay on topic, this mech tech thing better be something bigger than what they are showing usa, because I seriously am not fond of it at all..

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who the hell said that Automorph wasn't intrusive for the toy?

Just look at all figures who had shitty breakable Automorphs that severely messed up Transformers and lousy Mech Alive didn't have any problems per se but it really didn't affect the figure, not negatively NOR positevely, it added nothing other than really minor visual quirk.

Now think again about your concept of INTRUSIVE, how is a gun that you attach to the robot INTRUSIVE? It doesnt stop the mold in any way, it doesn't hurt transformation, nothing, the only sacrifice asked for it is a little peg on the robot/car. And even if you are in the BLEH LOOKS LIKE ARMADA SHIT PEGS camp, look again, only Ironhide really got crazy pegs, everybody else concels it with some kind of spring gimmick or makes it part of the natural design like The Dread's square roof.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I held off buying any screen characters until now (except for a few Constructicons) in hopes that we would get better representations of them (more accurate, etc) in the DOTM line, because I really don't like to have several of the same characters and/or molds. For example, look how BB's changed. The DOTM one varies in paint job from its previous incarnations and it also has a spoiler. I just want to get the most screen accurate characters (relative to TF3) so I can build up the core cast of my future stop motion series.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I disagree. I thought Automorph and Mech alive were really cool gimmicks.

Granted, it depended on the execution and how well integrated it was, but there were many cases where I felt it enhanced the figure. It brings a certain wow factor.

The guns do nothing for me. It's a bunch of extra plastic and parts that could probably be put to better use in the figure itself. I prefer clean altmodes and integrated weapons like on Battle Blade Bumblebee.

12. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

after seeing whats instore for the next movie toys, all I have to say is thank god for fansproject and perfect effect, because if it wasn't for them, I would have no transformers to spend my money on this year (well, later this year anyway)

13. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    I was thinking(and I think everyone else is as well) that all the mech tech stuff combine into something(such as the ark, etc.) They cant be putting all that crap on Leader BB for no reason.....

Amen to that man:) 

14. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    During shooting, the wreckers were all shown with lots of weapons sticking out so the new mech tech is movie accurate at least for the wreckers. In the movie, some of the Autobots might be using parts of the Ark to fight the invading Nemesis ship. During shooting, there were lots of large mysterious parts seen. Hasbro might release an Ark ship toy where you can stick some of the mech tech weapons. The Ark ship toy could come with mech tech weapons that you can stick on your deluxe toys to make the deluxe toys balance when standing. Maybe Hasbro will also sell a Nemesis ship toy with mech tech weapons. Mech tech is nice if you have lots of extra weapons you can stick on the deluxe figures and voyager figures (to cover up the large moby dick sized holes) and I am still wondering where to get these extra mech tech weapons without the need to buy multiples of the same toy (which is a stupid waste of money).

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you on Automorph. I really didn't like how easy it was to screw up Blackout's transformation. Hell, the first Animated Voyager Starscream I bought BROKE it's automorph in seconds! I had to exchange him for a new one (which has two right hands).

I will note that the voyager OP has the raised holes too, but it works on his design. Honestly, the more I thought about it, the raised holes don't bother me that much on IH or OP. They are no worse than the raised pegs on BBOP.

And I agree with you on the intergrated weapons. While I think the mechtech will be a cool gimmick and I'm sure there's much more going on than is evident right now, I really prefer intergrated weapons like BBBB.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes, Brawl and Bumblebee breaking in my hands certainly made me go wow. Blackout was quite charming with his weird noises that make me afraid to touch him again.

Well, depends on what you like out of a figure I guess. I love bigass weapons and stuff like Battle Blades Bee, while "integrated" just looks weak to me, his cannon arm fools nobody in looking good and BB Optimus' rubber swords and stubby guns are more hilarious than anything to me. The only figure that I recall pulling off hidden weaponry well were Starscream and Buster Optimus Leaders, but they're, eh, well, Leaders after all.

17. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I totally get the difficulty thing. I was standing line shortly after ROTF came out when a dad was returning the Skids they bought for their son. The thing was still half transformed. The Dad explained that his son couldn't transform it and the employee agreed with him and said it that she was getting a lot of returns lately because of that. I saw it back on the shelf about a week later still half-transformed stuffed back in the bubble and taped shut :lol 

I think when the movie hits the simpler Transformers will be in the first few waves. Later on when the hype dies down I do think you will see them targeting collectors again. Their window for the kids buying will wrap up the following holiday season. Collectors will always be there.

18. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I sympathize with the poor kid. I was never able to successfully get all the panels lined up to get Skids back into vehicle mode.

19. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah skids was a tough one.....

20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    to be honest the new movie line reminds me of g2 weapons and chunky transformations i will only geting the new comers e.g. dreads wreckers ... and so on ones from the last movie well they seemed to be done better