What is Frenzy?(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Pwnbeaver, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

No KA not crazy frog.
    Is frenzy an allspark bot? When Bonecrusher gets beheaded he dies, but when Frenzy gets beheaded he lives and gets a new body when he comes in contact with the allspark. I know Bumblebee gets his voice from the allspark but Frenzy gets his whole freakin' body. What do you think?

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I thought about BoneCrusher but maybe Prime was more "thorough"...as in it seems to be, he rammed his blade through Bonecrusher's head before cutting it off...for Frenzy, it was more like a clean-cut.

As for the AllSpark, I think it simply "heals" a TF of whatever injuries it suffers from.

3. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

bonecrushers head was stabbed through, frenzy's was severed, so when frenzy's head was cut in half, he died

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    frenzy is crazy fr...

dammit.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Oh shit." *Thunk*

6. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Frenzy is definitely intelligent and capable of operating by himself. He does have a non-conventional Transformer design, which is definitely geared towards infiltration, meaning he might have a different physiology from other Transformers, which allows him to operate even when his head's been decapitated as necessitated by his function(for example, all his vital components might be stored in his head so he can risk losing his body which can be easily regenerated)

Then again, he does share a symbiotic relationship with Barricade. If you recall the duocons who had the ability to split into two different alt mode components each with a different personality, perhaps Barricade and Frenzy share a similar relationship. Maybe Barricade himself has a fractured split personality, one half manifesting in his main body giving him his Bad cop persona, the other crazy and wild half of his mind remotely controls Frenzy and adopts a different name since their personality differs, but the both of them share a single spark housed within Barricade's main body.

A little far fetched I'm sure, I don't entirely believe it myself, I'm just offering it as a possible alternative theory to explain why Frenzy is so different.

7. NotAnAutobot

NotAnAutobot Jus' makin' some comics..

You make a good point with that, Op Prime, but I don't think they would do that in the Movie coninuity... If it was like that, wouldn't Frenzy die whenever Barricade gets killed?

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

a friend told me that Frenzy's called Soundwave in the movie...
    is it true?

9. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

your friend is mistaken, somewhat. Frenzy was the original idea for Soundwave but there was lots of fan complaints because of the scale so they gave the radio role to frenzy and held off on Soundwave so they can do him justice for the sequel....they hope.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Soundwave was adapted many times, at one time a helicopter (you can still see elements in blackout), at another the Cop car(again you can see soundwave nuances in there too), and in another point the boombox. It was later decided to try and use the boombox and policecar in unison as soundwave, but then scrapped for a new character name, to do soundwave with more justice later.

Frenzy's evolution after that was an alternating name of Soundbyte to Frenzy.
    Guess they went with frenzy due to how he acts. I swear though, that little con loves to overact, and I swear he glances at the camera like he's being filmed several times.

Especially towards the end at the cryo computer, and early on when he gets in barricade.

Personally I attribute Frenzy's regeneration to his size, the allspark could have overloaded his self regeneration circuits to the point of newbody. Whereas that same amount of power did finesse work on bumblebee's voice box due to his different stature.

And that's TWO transformer movies we have a character's eyes bugout! Bonecrusher in this one, and Sludge in the the 86 one.

As someone else said, he probably shares a spark cavity in Barricade's body, it would also be a mild beast wars allusion to the rampage dinobot 2 situation, and still shows tints of the soundwave frenzy symbiosis.

And as a recon bot, it also makes sense his spark housing my be in his head. He doesn't really have much room for it in his chest with the disc launcher and ammo dead center with how thin his body is. The spark housing in his head could also attribute to how he acts so 'full of life' and well... (wait for it) Frenzied.

It would also explain why he dies when he obliterates his own head.

Hmm, I wonder though, with his body intact, could it be used for other means if it had a new 'head'?

11. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

Frenzy lives by Waspinator rules, so his head can crawl along mumbling obcenities.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Not only that, there are 2 Frenzy bodies laying around. One from when he was decapitated by Mikaela, and the other from when he boomerang'd his own head.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Well I'd assume they sunk the blew his own head up one with the other decepticons. Barring he's not light enough to float, the first body could actually be used in the sequel for something still if they don't pull those up from the depths.

I completely forgot about the first body, and it is just sitting in a junk yard.

I hope that's not the birth of rumble without piledrivers.

14. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

so is Frenzy the red one or the blue one? j/k

But do notice he did have ...wait for it - blue eyes....

15. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

While watching the movie, the impression I got from Frenzy was he was alot like the devices that the all spark gave life to. Whether intentianal or not, the way I see it is the All Spark brought Frenzy to life, at first he was insane like the others... but after some time he started to become self aware. Then at some point he was adopted by the Decepticons. Maybe he was the reason they found there way to earth in the first place.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Some parts with Frenzy in it were kind of funny.

17. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... though I doubt the mechanics of Frenzy's spark being housed within Barricade were ever conceived of by the writers, at least it does make sense that Frenzy was still alive throughout the movie as Barricade was never killed, merely injured after his fight with Bumblebee and then later apparently restored but never showed up to the big fight.

I'm more inclined to agree that he's simply a Transformer that was, like all others, brought to life by the Allspark but that he for whatever reason shares more personality traits with the other human device bots. Someone suggested that it has to do with his size and that might make sense if you figure that a spark is composed of some quantifiable amount of energy. Big energy in a big body gives you a more normal bot while big energy in a smaller frame kinda turbo charges that bot. Consider as evidence the apparent ability for Frenzy to change alt modes on a whim and the heavy fire power the Nokia cell phone bot had. Little guy looked to have both an RPG launcher and a machine gun. Theories abound here but I think the latter makes the most sense.

Also, I'm inclined to believe that a spark can't survive without a brain or subsystem to control its environment or what have you... so in the case of Bonecrusher, no head means the spark eventually dies just like a humans heart would stop beating of the person went brain dead. Frenzy probably, as has been suggested, has his spark chamber in his head since that appears to be about the largest single chunk of his body.

18. Seabringer

Seabringer D34dp00l's H34dm4st3r

The character Frenzy should have been Soundwave.

'nuff said.

19. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I saw it twice. His head was more than just cut off. It was stabbed through from his "chin" all the way to the top of his head, then it was ripped off. Frenzy just had his head taken off and was not impaled like bonecrushers head was.

20. Tript

Tript Well-Known Member

Frenzy is a FREAK!
    He's one of those small transformers that is VERY versitile, thats what makes him perfect for infiltration, hell when his head was cut off her transformed his mouth to walk!