what is coming up in the next few months?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rattrap007, Mar 14, 2010.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is no 2010 version of the upcoming transformers (and crossover lines) toys with a general idea of release. I did a search and only found the one from 09 and all of those are out.

So what all is coming out in the next few months? All i really have on my list of what to seek out is HA mudflap and Punisher Transformer. i know there are new scouts and deluxes from from the movie we saw at toy fair, but those are not till early summer right? Not sure what else come out from now through june.

thanks.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No, everything shown at Toy Fair will be coming out soon. Scout waves up to Skystalker are already out, as well as deluxe waves up to Dlx Ratchet and Lockdown. The rest of the NEST stuff will be out this month, and next month is set up for Hunt for the Decepticons yellow packaged stuff. And that will go on until August or so, when we can expect the movie stuff to be done with and Generations picks up.

3. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So does this mean no War for Cybertron until August (toys I mean)?

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

WFC is in the Generations line.

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait, so we should start seeing Seaspray next month? That's awesome.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With so much of Hasbro's focus and the focus of retailers at the moment on rolling out the Iron Man 2 line up I wouldn't expect too much out of any other line for a bit.

Which is bad if you get everything right as it hits the shelves. But good in a way because it gives some time for retailers to clear the shelves a bit to make room for all the new stuff when it hits later on. Some areas are also painfully slow to get the new products so it gives those areas some time to catch up before lots of new Transformers products are released.

I mean we aren't exactly in one of the busiest times of the year for toys so expect most of the focus to be on movie related toys for this year's films until we get close to another busy time of year for Hasbro.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It also let's us spend money on other, older Transformers we want. I'm trying to get a few Classics, and the break in new TFs really helps the budget to allow me to do this.

8. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll believe it when I see it.

I myself don't expect HftD until June at the earliest.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I really hope that the HftD stuff doesn't come out for a few months, I've gotten behind on my collecting lately.

10. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Well since the War for Cybertron game is out in June, I'd say we can expect to see their matching toys around the same time. Since the Generations packaging and the Hunt for Decepticons packaging is pretty much the same, save for cardback color, I'd say they would be running side by side.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's true it also gives some collectors time to catch up. I'm sure there is some collector out there with nearly unlimited funds to spend on Transformers but most collectors and most kids don't have those nearly unlimited resources.

A break from the flood of products gives everyone the chance to pick up that figure they had been thinking about getting but just could afford at the time.

12. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

The next big set of releases is the Takara Animated figures; wave 1 is due at the end of the month. Domestically, we've still yet to see the last wave of ROTF deluxes: red Rampage and Evac.

After that, there's the new Alternities from Takara (Starscream, Skywarp) and more Animated stuff. Hasbro's got two new sublines: Hunt For The Decepticons ans Power Core Combiners. Hasbro's also got the Generations subline (WFC + Classics 3.0) but I think that Generations will come after the Hunt For Decepticons stuff.

Note that Hasbro has not provided any release timing info about any of their upcoming lines. I expect more info from BotCon.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so, i'm waiting for more MP Grimlock information!

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still haven't seen Mindwipe yet...

15. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually think we are seeing a lull in releases. I know all I have to get is HA Mudflap to be up to date and the only thing left after that is the Rampage, Evac wave which I think is the last in the Movie style packaging.

And if we have a couple month break before HFTD and PowerCore my wallet would be very happy and it would be the first real break in a while, and a much needed break.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    agreed. All i need left that is new is HA Mudflap.. Then I'm caught up. May get Evac..

I actually hope for a break. give me a chance to save up some money and use it on other things like DVDs.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The only recent thing released that I haven't seen around my area yet is HA Mudflap. I've already seen plenty of Mindwipes, and the second NEST deluxe set is starting to show up more, too. And just found a Shadow Command Megatron yesterday.

I plan to buy Evac and Rampage and HA Mudflap.