What is better: Transformers or Power Rangers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Florirzeta, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, how do Power Rangers toys compare to Transformers? Are there any that even come close?

2. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Well your in luck a new PR series is debuting on Nick This month, Saban bought the rights back from Disney and plan on putting more story into it and even better.....BULK is back!!!

now on to my answer, i prefer Transformers show and Toy wise (yes the zords are bricks i so wish Hasbro would buy the brand from Bandai) but seeing as i grew up with the Original Power Rangers and Beast Wars, they both have a place in my heart, but while under the disney reign power rangers started sucking more then TF:energon.

3. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, my wife and I ahve the same "problem". She is a great PR fan! She even learned about some Japanese Rangers thnks to me and she love all the universe.

I think we can say a lot about which is better. PR is a franquise that has been around for years with no stopping. Some of the last series haave not been so good, not American nor Japanese, but I still think PR Time Force was the best so far.

PR as a series may be repetitive, predictable, but that's the way it's supposed to be. The same goes for other toku series like Ultraman or Kamen Raider. They are great because they have that style.

TF's has got a lot of great series, some better than other but I think in this case Tf's is constantly tranforming the concept and ideas from differente points of view, from movie to Animated or TF's Prime, they are constantly changing and improving andf it's great.

If we talk about toys, I think that TF's win in that case. Megazords and other PR toys are awesome but I think TF's has got more complicated and interesting molds and ideas.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The older Megazords with die-cast were really cool. The newest ones really suck imo. The combinations are atrocious.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Transformers.

I never grew up with Mighty Morphine Power Rangers.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Is this really a question? Wow, there is no competition. Transformers pees on Power Rangers. Hell, Voltron pees on Power Rangers. Hell, Car version of Voltron pees on power rangers.

I feel dirty just having these two compared to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Transformers FTW! :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it really depends on when you were born and how old you are. If you ask me which is better, Transformers or American Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (and later), the answer hands down is Transformers.

But...

Take a stroll down memory lane and look at some of the very early Sentai related toys. I'm talking Sun Vulcan, Dynaman, Goggle, Bioman...those are all amazing toys. Yes they are bricks in a sense, but so were all the original Transformers as well. If I remember, poseability wasn't an option until Beast Wars toys came out.

Toys (especially in the American market) nowadays are very different from way back when, and Transformers is just as guilty. Its all about fitting as many figures as you can on the shelf. The Sentai/Chogokin/Godaikin related figures that used to come out came packed with accessories and were often in boxes the same size as Fort Max was (not as fat though). In one of the vintage toy store pics posted on a thread here, you can see walls of GI Joe vehicles and playsets on shelves. Just think. The box for a GI Joe Night Raven would dwarf any Transformer box on the market today. Something like the USS Flagg, the greatest playset ever made, would simply not exist in today's market.

If anything, the thing I give power rangers credit for is some semblance of keeping the tradition of the old sentai releases.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but they don't even hold a candle to TFs as far as I am concerned.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I was technically 'too old' for Transformers and certainly for Power Rangers when they debuted, however childhood nostalgia takes this one for me...
    Power Rangers and their Sentai bretheren take me back to my love of Super Robots, Ultraman and Godzilla when I played with Shogun Warriors. Also as a collector I started with Bandai's GoDaiKin line...many of those were taken from the early Sentai series (and my GoLion which I bought more than a year before Voltron debuted :)  ) Ever since Power Rangers hit the shelves I have seen the DX robots as the natural continuation of the GoDaiKin line. If I had to cut either TF's or Power Rangers from what I collect, TF's would be the ones to go.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    As this is a Transformers thread I'm gonna go with Transformers. I'd never have Power Rangers tattoos covering my leg.
    Plus, you know I was born in 79, so I'm a product of the time.

Although the Pink Ranger was hotter than Arcee.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I like both but Transformers are better, overall. Hasbro actually figured out how to make fan related stuff marketable. Bandai can't seem to understand that you can do that.

13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

When it comes to toys, Transformers. Now, as for shows, I love Sentai. Now, if you throw Kamen Rider into the mix...

14. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Transformers

PRs are ok I liked the shows because they would have the different ranger teams team up. However I don't have any PR toy(I think I have the SPD morpher) so I would choose tfs over PRs any day

15. davehammer

davehammer Well-Known Member

Transformers

but try asking on a power rangers board, I'm sure the response will be quite different ;) 

16. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I can't decide, but I think Transformers.

However, if could only have either one Deluxe Megazord or one Transformer figure my entire life, I would choose the Deluxe Megazord.

IMO, Transformers are boring if you only have one, while a Deluxe Megazord can already be very fun by itself.

17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Transformers.

Sentai can be fun but...
    Power Rangers? I'm sorry, Saban, disney, it makes no difference. I'll take Kamen Rider any day over what the team handling power rangers thinks is writing or acting. If you think saban will make any real difference over whether it's good or not, you're kindly mistaken. When I say Kamen Rider, I mean actual japanese kamen rider. The one that has actual story surprises, twists, and artistic integrity and experimentation.

Power Rangers had it's hey day, but it's not coming back to that glory ever. Not until they essentially fire all staff and start from scratch instead of just keep changing who's bankrolling it. Then maybe, but I don't see that happening. I will give Disney credit though, RPM did try that, and it still got ratings lower than even the worst of child fare on tv. So yeah, transformers all the way.

As for toys?
    Transformers again. Robots with articulation, what a novel concept!
    Now I do enjoy the Candy Kits for sentai though. At least those have universal connectors mostly for multiversal combinations, and poseability! Seriously, who wants a JungleFurymegazord/Gekitohja that can't do kung fu poses? The same could be said about all modern mechas in Sentai/PR. In this day and age, if it can't do more than lift the arms, and legs, and essentially just be a brick, you're doing something wrong. Heck they are called DX figures, so why does the candy kits/model kits have far greater range of motion for far cheaper in comparison?

Yeah, hands down, transformers.

18. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :lol :lolol :lol :lolol ......oh, you were being serious.

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The OP should definitely do that... I'd be genuinely interested to see the responses. It actually wouldn't surprise me if even some Power Rangers fans thought TFs were better. Though I'd just love to see someone try to explain what was so great about Power Rangers, and dismiss everything good Transformers.

Sometimes Star Wars and Star Trek would be compared and there'd be bitter arguments over which was best... and while I was never a fan of either, I could understand the difference of opinions, and I could see how they each had different things to offer.

But Power Rangers... I just don't see the appeal at all.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I have seen of Power Ranger's stuff, they still haven't gotten anywhere from an engineering standpoint then when they started out all those years ago in terms of toys. It's all part forming, except that I've yet to see an articulate zord.