What is better: Transformers or Power Rangers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Florirzeta, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Florirzeta

Florirzeta New Member

Me and my mate are having a discussion about which is better: Transformers or Power Rangers.
    I personally prefer Transformers as my cousins grew up around it and got me into it.
    However my mate only grew up watching Power Rangers so obviously doesn't agree with me.

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    It actually depends on which genre one grows up on. Personally its TF's all the way.
    Plus TF's have better resale value...:lol 

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Well, you're asking this on a TF board, I think most responses are going to lean toward the Transformers side of this question.

Personally, I definately prefer TFs. Power Rangers came out when I was in my late-teens/early 20's and they always seemed rather... lame, to me. It's probably the spandex suits and rubber monsters that detered me everytime I happened across the show while flipping channels.

Now if you were to ask my nephews on my wife's side, they'd probably say Power Rangers since it was one of the big shows when they were a bit younger.

My nephews on my side though grew up with TFs... ya I was a "bit" of an influence there. So they'd probably say TFs... of course it's more Star Wars for them right now... but SW isnt part of the question, so that doesnt count.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

they're both awesome, so i say tie? i mean power rangers does have some really cool toys, and so does transformers, but both also have their equal share of crap! :lol 

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers.

But here's hoping I can someday go to a theater to see MICHAEL BAY'S POWER RANGERS.

6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love sentai toys but TFs are another world... completely :D 

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Having grown up with both (MMPR and Beast Wars), for myself I'm in the middle.

If there was a new PR series on now, I would watch both TF Prime and that show. Only the A/E/C series did I find PR to be much better. I take Dino Tunder and S.P.D any day over those series.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Only counting the robots here but TF toys are much better. TFs are generally very articulated whereas Sentai/Power Rangers still making giant robot bricks. I suppose the Minipla Sentai kits are pretty well articulated but one cant get those locally.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I grew up with both, watched both, owned both.

I can say, without hesitation, that Transformers are the winning side in this battle.

Transformers has had successful storylines, toy lines, movies, and it keeps bringing in a new audience.

Power Rangers has changed so many times, become rather aimless, the toys aren't selling all that well, and I think Samurai is gonna fail hard. I could be wrong, but I'm not expecting miracles.

RPM kicked ass. We need more of that, and less of Saban.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Transformers for me, no contest. But I do have a couple of Megazords in my collection.

11. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I grew up with both. Transformers is much better. Power Rangers is something that I enjoyed as a kid, while Transformers will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Now that doesn't mean I won't watch an episode of Power Rangers every so often to get a good laugh at how awful it is. :) 

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    No fucking contest.

But this isn't the neutral forum to answer that question for you.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^This. Hear ye' hear ye'! :D 

14. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Transformers happened during my kiddie years while Power Rangers took place during adolescence.

I'll admit though, Power Rangers and Sentai were what drew me towards the Toy-collecting hobby. I returned to TFs when the robot combinations of PR and Sentai became ridiculous (read: clusterf**ky) in recent years.

15. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I grew up with both and I gotta go with transformers.

16. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

My answer is transformers. However this forum is a terrible place to poll being as this site already has obvious bias.

17. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if were stuck on a desert island and could take either power rangers related merchandise or Tf related merchandise which would you pick? then that's the one who is better.

"Better" is too subjected to have a definitive answer, so whatever you personally think is the right answer for you.

18. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, in my opinion the last three years mecha lines were a real crap (I save only the dx Shinken-Oh) but this new 2011 series seems very nice !

19. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Why is this opinion asked on a transformers fandom forum? It would be equally silly to believe an unbiased answer can be obtained by asking the same question on a power rangers forum.

20. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ Because the OP was curious. It's actually a reasonable question. The Sentai series have all had some sort of transforming mecha that combined. It wasn't the first to involve humans that interact and control them, but definitely is the most remembered show.

Purists of the Sentai series will tell you that the original Japanese produced series are always the best, however I do appreciate the US renditions, purely for the quick chopsocky fix that it gives. Granted, they're not going to win a Golden Globe anytime soon, but still, the stories were entertaining to see what kind of foam LARP style weapons they could shove onto the actors. Plus, some of the female cast members have been girl-next-door-can-kick-your-butt hot.

By contrast, Transformers was animated, and until the live action movie, we didn't have a comparison. If going between the two in that respect, Transformers is more realistic and better for the robot to human interaction. But Power Rangers/Sentai Rangers will always be the best for the Voltron-esque save the day action.