What is a reasonable price for TFCC Punch/Counter Punch?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I am trying to land one of these guys, so I am wondering what is a good offer. The EBay prices seem outrageous to me. $200 for a deluxe is insane.

So just wondering what is a reasonable price for this guy.

(Like to see the answers I get, especially since the Scalper thread has blown up)

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    When it comes down to it, it's a classic style update that already puts at at least 20$ it's a TFCC exclusive which compared to everything they release as an exclusive bumps it up at least 50$. It's punch counter punch which bumps it another 10$. Deluxe mold 10$. Paint job 20$. I would say around 110$

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anything below 200 sounds good

TFCC punch counterpunch | eBay

I wouldn't say that is a "SCALPER" price, its the going rate. If that is to much, go get the 10 dollar deluxe version named Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Red Alert.

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I offered $100 and guy said I low balled him.

Problem is that they don't have the head sculpt. I wish KO ones would be rereleased some day.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There is a KO kit that has all the head versions included, sideswipe, sunstreaker, breakdown, and Punch/Counterpunch. It was posted about in the feedback forum a while ago.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, unfortunately I missed those and from what I understand that mold broke.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given that the figure effectively cost ~$100 to begin with ($40 club membership + ~$60 for P/CP), I would consider that a low-ball offer, if I was selling a P/CP. Especially if that offer was $100 shipped, in which case the seller wouldn't even be making back the money they spent initially.

If I was going to sell my P/CP (which I don't plan to), $150 shipped would be the minimum I'd accept right now. That would allow me to recoup the ~$100 I spent on it, cover the shipping and make a bit of money on it, as well.

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke!

News Credits:
    Could do what I'm doing, kitbash my own C/CP. Bought an extra Classics Sunstreaker for $20 and plan on getting the C/CP visored head off Shapeways and paint it all up in blue and yellow. =)

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I'd say $100 is a lowball offer as well. $150-165 seemed to be the going rate from day one, and the supply has prettywell dried up on it. $140 would probably be the minimum at this point.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Do you have a link for that?

11. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I would take the eBay price ($200) and subtract the eBay and Paypal fees. That comes upto $178.01 shipped.

13. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its all a matter of opinion really. Personally, I don't value it to be more than $60, but thats just me.

I don't think the $40 club membership fee should be added to the "value" of P/CP. The $40 fee gets you the "free" figure regardless of how much you like or don't like the free figure. That figure, in and of itself is valued at least close to $40. Not to mention that that fee allows you to get an additional club exclusive figure for $60 or less. If anything, you could argue that MAYBE $20 of the membership fee goes to the value of P/CP. Most of the value that goes along with the figure comes from its demand :2c: 

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What if they paid the membership JUST to get P/CP ??

15. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You still get a "free" membership figure. If not this years, then the following one. That figure is typically valued at around $40, so it can be sold for that amount, give or take.

16. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say $150.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was the case for me. When I laid out the $100 for P/CP, I was spending the money specifically for that particular exclusive, since the Club membership has no other benefit for me (ie - I don't go to BotCon and the Club newsletter sucks). While it's possible the free figure could have been something I wanted or something I could resell for the membership fee, it easily could have been worthless with no aftermarket demand (IIRC, Sideburn hadn't been revealed when P/CP went up for pre-order). As a (hypothetical) seller, I'd need to ensure I definitely recouped the cost on I spent on P/CP ($100), rather than selling it for less and hoping that the free figure is actually worth at least $40 when I go to sell that.

And the capacity to save some money on other exclusives is only a benefit if they release other exclusives I actually want, which they didn't this year, so that's not a consideration either.

18. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

A few months ago I saw someone selling on cybertron.ca for $150 but I waited too long and it was gone when I was ready to pull the trigger. Luckily I found someone had it for $165. Pricey for a deluxe? Of course, but fair. It is what it is.

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    That is like one of the most expensive Deluxes. I just feel like $100 is really the magic number and really the most a deluxe should really be.

I thought he was actually the free figure that year. I didn't realize he wasn't. So I could see the $100. But realistically spending $100 on the guy covers the cost of the membership/Free Figure and this guy.

20. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Becoming vintage, day by day

Makes sense to me. Plus, the membership figure is never "worthless". Some folks may not always like it, but there is someone who will.