What Iron Factory figure would you recommend I get first?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by w00t, Dec 19, 2017.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed, they're pretty cool and loaded with weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Larkhainan

Larkhainan Member

It depends a lot on what you want out of a legends figure to start with. Bridge watcher is very good for the price and very solid, but nothing special in terms of engineering or sculpt. Their Arcee and Windblade are super cute but that may not suit, they've very light and small though the price does match.

Personally I'd say Ultimate Commander, either of the Magnus, or any of the phase sixers feel like good demonstrations of the ups and downs of the line and the IDW style sculpting. The datsuns are great, but the only problem is you're buying three and if you don't like any of them... Well I guess you can sell them.

But really, to my knowledge the only real dud in the line is the Drift/Deadlock mold.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Seeing that IF doesn't do re-runs, at this point I really hope that it'll be KO'ed as the price for these guys on eBay is insane.

4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oof tough question. My first was Windsaber, their tiny little Windblade. Very basic little 20 dollar one she was and was very very happy with her despite her simplicity. I've bought so many by now its tough to say which ones I feel would be best to begin with. But my favorites have been Shadow Tengu (Sixshot), Pink Assassin (Arcee), Soul Reaper (Black Shadow) and the Wing/Fang (seeker/conehead) mold in general.

I think their seeker figure really gives a nice all around impression of how fun and well made IF's stuff can be and it comes in so many varieties that you get a good range of options for it.

Lord Scorp is bigger and more complex and pretty fun and he and UltCommander were IF's previous most ambitious projects until they got in to combiners but I think I probably still prefer the others. Their Brawl and Swindle are super cool though (but a little more difficult to transform) and their Onslaught just came out along with their two pack of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. I like their combaticons a lot but I think the combined Bruticus is the thing that will truly shine with that set. I have heard great things about the not-lambo two pack so I'm pretty excited to see those for myself next week.

Don't have their three pack of Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen yet but people say that set was pretty fantastic as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jdbrewer

jdbrewer Well-Known Member

Use The Force, w00t.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Of the seven that I have in hand ( Scorp, Magnus, Overlord, Shockwave, Sixshot, Arcee, Windblade ) I'd go with Shockwave/Bridge Watcher, though Lord Scorpion is my favourite so far. Bridge Watcher is better value for the money. Fun, expressive and works with their Bruticus, if they do another run in Toy dark purple I'll be double dipping for the first time on an IF mould.

Once my Lambros and Acid Storm ship I may change my mind though.

There but for the dearth of funding go I. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Sorry I didn't see this question earlier. No, my seller was weimeiweimei125. It was my first time ordering from him and he didn't have many comments but those he had were good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
  9. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RobotKingdom they also have the Shattered Glass version on Pre-order
    Robotoybase

BTW great choice for your first IF purchase. He isn't perfect but still a magnificent figure and you get the added bonus of a Elita One bundled with it so you also get to experience their Arcee mold.

I have to agree with Aldetron. They are fantastic! Also the added bonus of buying the 3 normal seekers and the coneheads is you actually get 2 bonus seekers (ghost Starscream and Sunstorm). So you actually get a total of 8 from buying 3 and a set!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They aren't very articulated, they don't tab together worth a darn, and their car modes are just... things. Granted, that last one has to do with the source material. But they are my least favorite Legends figures I own.

11. Razor24

News Credits:
    Here's my IF collection so far. Missing a few but will get them all eventually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their Blaster/Perceptor/Soundwave were all the same molds and a little too small IMO compared to the later figures. Still fun to play with and the beast minions are fantastic.

I have a fair few DX9 figures like Sonic wizard, Mightron etc. which go well with the IF figures but not perfect. Am waiting on IF to make their own Megatron but until then Mightron will have to do.

• Like Like x 7
  12. The Vic Viper

The Vic Viper Well-Known Member

Toss'em up on eBay then, I'll be happy to buy'em.

13. Razor24

News Credits:
    I'll fight you for it :lol 

14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing I really like is that for newer figures they seem to be including closed fists etc. I know it's very unlikely to change at this point, but I think the 5mm fist holes are really unsightly (as opposed to the dx9 3mm) so the pack in alternatives are a decent solution.

15. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Having just boxed up my IF collection, I have to say they're all pretty darn awesome. Every single one is really quite nice. Great design, solid plastic, nice colors, good paint apps, lots of accessories on most of them, they take up less space, and you can amass a collection more affordably than larger scale figures like Masterpiece.

• Like Like x 1
  16. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you aren't interested in selling that collection are you?

17. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Echoing others, Shockwave is a good buy right now. That or one of the recent Seekers. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker or Brawl and Swindle would be cool new ones to get.

I started with IF Overlord, then moved on to the Datsun Bros, DX9 Devastator, IF Dynobots, SS Starscream + Ironhide, IF Thundercracker + Skywarp, etc

Personally, I like the Dynobots the most.

2017-12-20_07-50-43.jpg IMG_20161222_214756.jpg IMG_20161223_222919.jpg IMG_20170604_212959.jpg IMG_20171016_215335.jpg IMG_20170521_190046.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

your coneheads came with amber cockpits?

19. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    I am open to selling them, yeah. PM me if you're interested.

20. Razor24

News Credits:
    Nah my friend. I painted them myself :thumb