What iPod should I get?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Predaking, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

My iPod is so damn old (and at 4g no less) that I need an iPod stat so I can use it while I start jogging. Should I get:

1) iPod Nano with touch screen and a clip so I can run without holding it in my hand?

2) iPod Touch so I can double as a gaming console (Angry Birds FTW) from time to time?

3) iPod Classics with the largest memory of all 3 options?

Thanks for any help.

2. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I traded in my Nano V4 for the huge 160 gb classic as I wanted a ton of room and didn't need any extra frills. But its the biggest and heaviest ipod and unless you have somewhere secure to hold it, I don't think it would do well for jogging. I think the Nano was actually designed for movement (jogging, exercise, etc) more than anything else.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd get the next Nano, they are great to go running with. Otherwise, i'd just buy an iphone since the touch is pretty expensive

4. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

iPod Touch. Have the 8GB (2nd gen) and love it. :D 

5. gil

gil Godmaster

My only question is, can the nano or classic download apps? I ask because I can't go jogging without using the runkeeper app.

But if you don't care about time/pace/elevations, then go nano. Less weight while running is always a plus.

6. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touch or Nano, but I would probably say touch because of the larger capacity and the potential to be used for more than just an mp3 player from time to time (down the road you may want to have this functionality, so instead of buying one device now and one device then, just save the money and get the more capable one right now).

Also, I would strongly suggest not going with the classic. They are tough devices for sure, but they still use a traditional hard drive. For normal use that might not be a problem, but when you are jogging you will be continuously jarring it every step. As such, while I don't think you're going to kill it instantly, I can see it reducing the life of the drive

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Touch with out a doubt.

I own a old video Ipod (30gig?) and used it up till Christmas.. That is when I got a 60gb Touch. I love it to death. I have all my music, tons and tons of games, Nostalgia Critic videos, a few Rifftrax videos, etc. Only thing I didn't put on there are my rifftrax themselves. I leave those on my old Ipod.

I have blackberry and I would fiddle with it some on lunch breaks. Now I haven't played a game on it in about 3 months! The Touch is pure awesome.

The apps for it are endless. I have a speaker system and use my ipod for an alarm clock and use a sound machine app. The app is about $3 and works better than a $50 sound machine you buy in a store. I can have three different sounds at one time (Thunderstorm 1, Thunderstorm 2, and a wind). I fall asleep in no time.

the games are lots of fun. Angry Birds, Geared, Cut The Rope, iAssociate, etc. All will kill any free time you need filled.