what influences have you and your tfs had on other people??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Zarscream, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

hey guys and girls , i was just wondering what influneces have your tfs and yourself have had on other people???

because my friends knew nothing and didn't care about tfs when i first met them , i had to keep it secret for a while but they found out sooner or later....
    but now they practically buy everything, (sometimes for me) but they enjoy it and love it , and now we have movie night of not movies but WHOLE SERIES of transformers at least once every two weeks!!!
    and i ( besides my uncle who lives far away from the family) have started to influence transformers knowledge to my little cousins!!

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not sure my collecting TF's has had any influence on other people, but I do have one friend that'll watch the new episodes every once in a while. I'd probably have more influence on my one cousin if I got to see him more often, but I'm already planning on getting him the Hulk TF once it comes out, so that might have a little influence on him (he turns 7 this year). I might even get him some Animated stuff once it comes out. It's too bad that the Constructicons don't turn into green farm equipment instead of construction equipment (they would need a name change then though), as he's big into John Deer tractors. Going to stop now before I get into a rant :D .

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My love of Transformers helped me raise money for charity last year through my movie theatre. Specifically, there's a couple kids in India who have some new artificial limbs through A Leg To Stand On. Basically, as part of our promotion for the movie, we did a charity auction, including TF video games (supplied by Paramount), movie posters signed by Peter Cullen and the writers of the movie, and other non-TF items that people donated. I called the event 'Transforming Lives.' We also had TF trivia, most of my toys on display, coloring contests for the kids, extra giveaways and decorations- lots of fun. It wasn't as much of a success as I'd hoped, but I look forward to doing it bigger and better with TF2.

4. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

My Collection has made alot of people I know (how are also collectors) want to be completist just like me.

5. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

My best friend has just accepted my collecting Transformers as a "geeky quirk"! lol

6. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Incesticons? ;) 

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    A few of my buddies I knew started collecting too after the secret was exposed!

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i've got a bunch of friends who have picked out specific TF items upon becoming a close friend....one collects every starscream, my wife loves bumblebee, and just bought a shirt the other day, and owns the old camaro BB, and has BB keychain hanging from her car rear view mirror...

and my cousin has gotten back into it pretty hardcore too...its awesome...almost everyone who loves me loves TF's now, at least a little...

10. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Everyone probably just loses respect for me :lol . I remember showing my friend Classics Grimlock on webcam, and I realized how incredibly pathetic and nerdy I am.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I actually used my TFs for rent money over the past few months and it helped me kinda "thin down" my collection to guys I really care about the most.

BTW, Deceptikitty, I'm coming back to Laserbeak.org after my midterms are over. :( 

12. ponycorn

ponycorn Member

I haven't had enough of an impact really. Thanks to the 2007 film my family knows what Transformers are, but don't really know much beyond that.

My husband and I will continue to carry the family TF fan load. We do so quite willingly. Now if only I could convince him to read the comics...