What if...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rusty24, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

What if Louis Leterrier directed the next Transformers movie? I think he has the credentials to make a good Transformers movie and the evidence is in his films. In The Transporter 2, he was able to direct cool car chase sequences and amazing over-the-top fight scenes. In The Incredible Hulk, there was a jaw dropping fight scene at the end of the movie between two creatures composed of CGI entirely and it's probably his best film that I've seen. In Clash of the Titans, there also a lot of cool CGI fight scenes and special effects as well. The scorpion scene is also a bit like the Scorponok attack in the first movie. If you put all that together, then you have a director that can direct big budget movies that have lots of CGI and car chases. If there's one problem with Leterrier, it's that his movies don't have memorable stories. However, that could be due to the quality of the script. I personally think he could do it.

2. Rusty24

What do you all think?

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I could actually get behind that.

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

He's a good choice, but I doubt that Hasbro wants anyone other than Bay. I personally feel like the dollar signs have now corrupted the films like Dark Energon, and that the next three will not be as good. Hope I'm wrong on this.

5. Rodan75

Rodan75 Active Member

News Credits:
    Since Brad Bird has directed the 4th installement of the Mission Impossibile franchise, the option of an animation director for a live feature is no more a fantasy!

So, I want the next TF movie to be directed by Shaunt Nigoghossian!

His action scenes in the TFP series are ABSOLUTELY A-W-E-SO-ME!! So he can perfectly direct a Live Action version!

What do you guys think?

6. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Shooting car chase scenes =/= shooting scenes with giant robots that don't exist, fighting each other.

7. Rusty24

Yes that is true, but he also is good at filming CGI fight scenes like in The Incredible Hulk and Clash of the Titans. Plus, the robots turn into cars and there is always the possibility that there will be a huge car chase in the movie.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be fine with Leterrier, but I really think Paramount is only talking to Bay right now and they're waiting for him to definitively turn it down before they offer it to anyone else.

And I think a car chase scene should be in every Transformers movie. I wanted the Bumblebee/Barricade chase scene in TF1 to be longer, and the thought of a chase scene where the chaser and chasee are using Stealth Force tech makes my pants tight.