What if...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by blackconvoy_D01, Aug 2, 2009.

1. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    For years TF have had some great storylines. I have enven statred threads on what myself and others would like to see in the next TF animation/ comics and so on. But here is a newer thought. What about a series where there is less sentiment and emotion. More fridgid robots with the sole purpose of stopping the other. How about a deeper prespective of creation, a more deperate cause, the use of broader technological advancements, But with twist.

For example, why cant Decepticons who are sub-transformers rise against Autobots by hacking into their bodies and brains, forcing them to kill one another and thus cause an uprising with the now vulnerable Autobots. The Autobots have next to now defense against this and are overwhelmed until a more tech savvy Autobot faction is formed to defend against the invaders.

Or How about a scattered Autobot race across the galaxy while a Deception controlled Cybertron exist. One Autobot on a remote planet in hiding is being targeted for assasination by a faction of Decepticons because he is the current guardian of the matrix, only it's not Optimus. With that, it is this Autobot's charge, to reunite the scattered Autobots and fight against the Decepticons.

Or what of the telling of the last Autobot and last Decepticon. Meaning the war is over and everyone is gone except for one Autobot, and one Decepticon. Their purpose, is to either coexist and use ancient forms of recreation and repopulation of their race as it would naturally take two to perform the ritual, or die.

I just thought of another. What if every dead BW character, from The Second, Neo, American, and so on were resurected on an eathend planet or plain and were made aware that they were completely cut off and had to coexist, only to later engage in battle against escaped exiles of vehicons from BM's.

Does anyone feel or think the way I do?

2. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Repopulation? Sound like the most "ancient form of recreation" there is!

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not too crazy with the idea of more frigid Transformers. Part of what draws to me to Transformers is the personalities even when those personalities go a bit over the top.

The other ideas aren't too bad since it would be interesting for Transformers to explore new story telling territory or some twists we didn't have in the past.

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    What if transformers ate cheeseburgers and celebrated Christmas in June?
    What if Shockwave jumped out of Megatron's birthday cake in a sexy cyber swimsuit?
    What if potatoes were green on cybertron and had blinking diodes for eyes?
    What if eskimos transformed into harp seals?
    What if Autobots had severe seasonal allergies?

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What if Megatron was a woman?
    What if Starscream becomes a Prime?
    What if Grimlock as The Leader of The Predacons?
    What if Magnus and Elita are lovers?
    What if Ramjet becomes Galvatron?
    What if Construticons are their own Faction?
    What if Sideswipe got the Matrix, and become a Prime for one day?
    What if Shockwave came to Earth?
    What if Cosmos was a Spaceship?
    What if Omega Supreme speak in German?

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Starscream did get the matrix for a short period of time in the comics, with unfortunate results for him.

But damned if I wouldn't watch pretty much all of these ideas, Spiderus.

7. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Those ideas are for the win. A comic would be nice about last autobot and last decepticon. Like in spotlight kup or wheelie.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What if we had ham, we could have ham & egss, if we had eggs.

Okay, what if The Transformers made an effort to stop the destruction of the Gobot universe by Unicron?

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

What if they made a Drill Bit spotlight comic where he kicks reason to the curb and does the impossible? :lol 

10. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    It could work, as a spotlight on Starscream. They could call it matrix overload.

11. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    those two were my top faves!:thumbs2: 

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

What if the Transformers were all made out of sausages, and had to combine forces on Earth to stop hungry dogs from eating them? Oh, and they were all having sex with each other. All their penises are shaped like Nicholas Cage.

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What if Optimus Sledge was nice?

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Only if the entire universe goes against him in the process. And he refers to Optimus exclusively by "bro".

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you are taking out a pivotal aspect of good storytelling when you start talking about cold, frigid, monotonous bots.

Drama. with your first idea, it would be as exciting as watching 2 PC's play each other endless rounds of chess.
    Wanna know why we have Terminators, Transformers, Robocop and so on?

they have drama. even as one track minded a T-800 can be, there are elements that make them more than just an 80s monster archetype. (okay, it wasn't until T2 when hw loosened up.)

Robocop had glitches in his system and he battled them. And without personalities or quirks, you wouldn't have much of a story to tell.

The rest of the ideas seem okay with me.

16. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    the difference in terminators and robocops and so on is the fact that they were created by people in the character sense. OCP=Robocop, Skynet=US Military.

The TF's are robotic beings created from their own origins and so on, not by man in a character sense. what I am trying to imply is more of a build up to character development via senarios and interactions. not starting off with for example; animated bumblebee using the phase: "thats hot!" before arriving on earth and interacting with humans.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I have often batted this idea about in my mind. A vast oppressive Decepticon army who all but rules the galaxy, and is searching out the last remnant of the Autobots who have hidden on a planet thought too insignificant for Decepticon attention.

The two hardest parts are coming up with a decent myth arc to wrap it all up in (got a great idea, not sure how to work it) and figuring out how to represent it graphically, since I was writing it as a game story.

18. blackconvoy_D01

Ebay:
    That is unless you use it in the classicsverse. you can base it off of similar events surrounding issue 67 of the marvel series, the character profiles are easy to use in any story arc. unicron destroys cybertron, insignificant autobot factions are scattered throughout, rodimus/optimus or whoever is dead, where is the matrix to make all right again in the universe?

19. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Now im brainstroming, what if humans discovers the cybertron first. Human society is way greater than transformers and humans use/slave them (like quintessons). Transformers rebel against the humans, during the rebel autobot and decepticon factions arise. Autobots would want more peaceful, diplomatic freedom while decepticons would go for more radical revolution against the humans. This idea could have some realistic historical analogies like colonists against U.K. or bolshevik/menshevik against Char.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm not really sure how you create a human society that's more advanced than a race of intelligent robots. If we were more technologically advanced than them, why would we want to bother enslaving them?