What if Unicron attack Cybertron in 1983 in G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually, in the G1 toon, Unicron was not "like a God" to TF's at all.

It appares that most TF's dont even know about him, but even if some did, they never refered to his as a god.

Remember, cartoon Unicron was built by a little monkey dude.....and wasnt a god.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These are all G1 ? If so can I get ref for all of these?

3. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

But if they make enough efforts and A&D cooperation (for ex. between Shockwave and Alpha Trion), they can severely damage Unicron, and make him run away for a few years, like in Armada, where he was damaged, escaped from Cybertron orbit and prowled somewhere in the space during 10 years.
    Meanwhile, Optimus Prime will wake up and when recovered Unicron would return, the Matrix will have him.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    First of all, since Unicron is a multiversal singularity it means there's only one Unicron so all the deaths in every continuity applies.

However if you want to be picky, all the deaths in bold are from a G1 cast.

3 of the 10 G1 deaths were caused by the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. So, 66.6% of the time a G1 cast killed Unicron without it.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not being picky. Re: Thread Topic...G1. I was curious....no need to be snippy. If you can avoid that, could you please dictate which is comic and which is toon?

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I'm going to have to agree with Fishdirt, Pravus. Some of those instances, I don't even recognize (when the heck did Prime defeat Unicron with the Underbase?). If its not much trouble, could you please list the sources?

that said, I do recognize most of them:

• Primus (who got him into a black hole) [G1 Dreamwave comics]
    • Primus (Again, this time shooting him to death) [G1 Kiss Players]
    • Optimus Prime (With Matrix) [G1 Marvel Comics]
    • Rodimus Prime (With Matrix) [G1 Cartoon, the movie]
    • Optimus Prime (with the Underbase instead of the Matrix) [This one I don't know]
    • Wreck-Gar (Blew him to smithereens) [This one I also don't know]
    • Rodimus Prime (again) [I think this is Marvel UK comics]
    • Strafe (who just shut him off) [I'm assuming its the G1 cartoon, Grimlock's New Brain]
    • Big Convoy (who shot him to death) [Beast wars Neo]
    • Lio Convoy (Destroyed him with Gaia's power channeled through his matrix) [Beast Wars Neo]
    • Big Convoy (Again, this time with his matrix) [Beast Wars Neo]
    • Cosmos (who destroyed his brain with fungus) [Devil's Due GI Joe Crossover]
    • Shokaract (Destroyed the Anti-matrix and himself) [One of the Beast Wars comics, can't remember which one]
    • Minicons (Via their boostering of the minicon Matrix) [Armada]
    • Unknown (his corpse is Planet X.) [Its how he was killed in Armada, so the same as the previous]
    • Super Megatron (Self-Sacrifice) [Armada]
    • Galvatron/Galvatron General (Self-Sacrifice) [Energon]
    • Omega Supreme (Beat him into submission) [Don't know this one. I'll assume somewhere in the Unicron Trilogy]
    • Primus (Yet again, this time with his sword) [same]
    • Primus (Seriously, Unicron doesn't stand a chance since Primus got a figure.) [again same]
    • Stockade (who destroyed his fuel source) [don't know this one]
    • Unknown. (Only bits of him remained as Dark Energon) [Transformers Prime/Exodus. Note that its never actually been stated that Unicron's been defeated]
    • Optimus Prime or Hot Shot or Red Alert (Powered up with the Matrix Cannon, Vanguard Booster, and Nemesis Shield.) [Aramada Video game]

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Answers/Corrections in bold.

Personally I don't view BWII's cartoon as a death of Unicron, though the waters are really muddy enough that if you wanted to you, you could add that one as well. There's some ambiguity over whether or not Galvatron was an extension/manifestation of Unicron or if he was his own individual transformer. Even at the time Takara flip flopped in answering the question (similarly to how at first Beast Convoy was Optimus Prime, then he wasn't, etc.).

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree, I think you'd be hard-pressed to classify "blowing up Galvatron while he was using the power of Angolmois energy" as a death of Unicron.

The Underbase thing was something that the characters only talked about doing, in-fiction, we never actually saw it implimented. I'm not sure, though, where you're getting anything to do with a sword from the Cybertron/GF cartoon from. Are you referring to when Primus closed the black hole? And the Galaxy Force manga was cancelled before the black hole was destroyed.

9. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

The sword reference might have to do with the Star Saber (not the minicon sword). The matrix of leadership was origenally the hilt of a sword that could rip holes in the universe and destroy planets and stars. It was Primas sword and was broken when they split Nexus Prime into five peices to protect the rarified energon.