What if Unicron attack Cybertron in 1983 in G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Mar 1, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,i have a question,what if Unicron attack Cybertron in 1983,thus the year before Optimus Prime wake up in 1984,could Autobot and Decepticon stop him and destory him,are the matrix the only thing that can destory him,will Cybertron destory by him,will Unicron angry even he destory Cybertron and he can't find the Matrix? Why Unicron choose to attack Cybertron in 2005 and not 1984?do he know Hot Rod the chosen one?

Thanks.

2. AMG

AMG Old School

The Matrix is the only thing that can destroy G1 Unicron. Which was why Unicron was so hell bent on having the Matrix destroyed.

3. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

Unicron would have eaten Cybertron. The matrix of leadership is the only thing that can destroy Unicron. He attacked it in 2005 because the franchise Transformers didn't exist in 1983.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If Unicron came across Cybertron in 1983, then it would have been up to Shockwave, Alpha Trion and all of their allies to fight off Unicron. And since it's been shown that the Matrix is the only thing capable of defeating Unicron - Cybertron would have been turned into scrap.

Unicron would probably be worried that the Matrix still existed, and so would probably make his way to Earth to try and destroy it (since it would have been trapped in Prime's chest).

I don't think Unicron really had a calendar with him to tell him the optimal time to attack Cybertron. There's not really any way to discern his motives.

No one, not even Optimus, knew who the next Matrix-bearer would be. Hot Rod was just another face in the crowd at that point.

5. Lord Shockwave7

If you've seen Alice in wonderland it's similer to how the armor she had was more important to the Jabawokee than the wielder. He refered to her as the armors wielder and not the actual threat.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Since Unicron in G1 is a creation of Primacron I can see an intervention of the Caller of Primitives. He sends both the Autobots and Decepticons on a Matrix quest. Either that or Vector Sigma sends them on a Matrix quest.

7. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

It's an interesting hypothetical, actually... and it could have just been good luck for Cybertron that it worked out as it did.

What if Germany developed "the bomb" a year before the Allies did in WWII?
    The outcome would have been very different...not to imply moral equivelancies... but you know what I mean.

All I know is that the timing of the story line made for one hell of an awesome cartoon movie that remains completely watchable 25 years later.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cycbertron is gobelled, and the Earth's doom.

THE END!!!!!

:p 

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What i dont understand is why Prime knew Unicron in season 1 and 2 as we know Unicron its like God for them, us humans we cant see God but we knew who he is and we mention him often, why cant Prime do the same during the two 1st seasons of G1?

10. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Unicron was created by primacron (I USE CARTOON AS REFERENCE, NEVER COMICS) later than 1983 Unicron did not exist at that time, however since the creation date for Unicron was never revelaed and if by any chance he did exist by 1983 he existed only under primacron govern. It is stated in the cartoon that Unicron reveled against primacron, that could have happened around the year 1990(just a guess) and so start his trip through the universe destroying planets. Unicron must have had a reputation before 2005 because Arblus and kranix knew who he was.

Now on cybertron and the attack in 2005, this could have happened because Unicron traveled in search of the matrix to destroy it until he found it,(but wandering in the univerese may take some millenia), so when he finds cybertron he first might have considered destroying the matrix and use cybertron as a minion source to conquer the whole universe, however seeing how stubborn galvatron was he then changed the idea and chose to destroy it but then the events of the movie took place putting unicron in the vulnerable position of having the "chosen one" and the matrix itself inside of him.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually your missing a bit of info.

According to the episode "Call of the Primitives" Primacron build Unicron near the "dawn of the galaxy".....which was obviously long before the 1980's.

Its also unlikely he was still under primacrons govern in the 80's.

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dawn of the galaxy isn't dawn of the universe (galaxies form left and right on a constant basis). So this isn't a real reference of time. I do think it's a bit longer then just the 80s (I would fathom the episode took place in 2006 or 2007) but I wouldn't say too long though.

He does mention that his new creation will succeed where unicron failed. I think this may elude to Primacron wanting the matrix destroyed.

Either way it fits badly into the long term story and was overtly cheesy for an episode.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually it is, given the context of the line it was spoken in.

From the dialog.

the assistant:
    "I have summoned you here to tell you a tale of long ago"
    Grimlock :
    ooohhh me Grimlock love long ago tale.
    the assistant:
    "Then allow me to tell it.Near the beginning of the galaxy".............

Given the context, "beginning of the galaxy" translates into a reference of time to WHEN the galaxy began.

14. Lord Shockwave7

I agree, Dawn of the Galaxy would most likely mean before the earth even existed or when it was a formless mass.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Or maybe the prophecy would have just ramped itself up to fulfill itself ahead of schedule. A young earth kid named Rod Hotterson digging in the mountains, finds a strange spacecraft and at its centre, a lifeless figure holding a large glowing structure with a crystal in the centre...

16. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    yep, I did not remember exactly the dialogue and was lazy to watch the entire episode, just gave some guessing dates to build my theory, but then, as I said wandering through the universe eating every taco platen takes some millenia :D 

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    While I had refrained from posting in yet another Galvatron1976 thread, I do have to say I'm shocked at how many narrow minds there are out there. Unicron has died a lot and the Autobot Matrix of Leadership isn't always the cause; in fact out of the 23 known deaths, the Autobot Matrix of Leadership only accounts for 4 of them, or 17% of the time.

Other deaths include:

• Primus (who got him into a black hole)
    • Primus (Again, this time shooting him to death)
    • Optimus Prime (with the Underbase instead of the Matrix)
    • Wreck-Gar (Blew him to smithereens)
    • Strafe (who just shut him off)
    • Big Convoy (who shot him to death)
    • Lio Convoy (Destroyed him with Gaia's power channeled through his matrix)
    • Big Convoy (Again, this time with his matrix)
    • Cosmos (who destroyed his brain with fungus)
    • Shokaract (Destroyed the Anti-matrix and himself)
    • Minicons (Via their boostering of the minicon Matrix)
    • Unknown (his corpse is Planet X.)
    • Super Megatron (Self-Sacrifice)
    • Galvatron/Galvatron General (Self-Sacrifice)
    • Omega Supreme (Beat him into submission)
    • Primus (Yet again, this time with his sword)
    • Primus (Seriously, Unicron doesn't stand a chance since Primus got a figure.)
    • Stockade (who destroyed his fuel source)
    • Unknown. (Only bits of him remained as Dark Energon)
    • Optimus Prime or Hot Shot or Red Alert (Powered up with the Matrix Cannon, Vanguard Booster, and Nemesis Shield.)

18. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    This transpires without the Autobots or Decepticons knowing. They wake up. MTMTE goes well. Transport to Oblivion begins. Megatron contacts Shockwave ala Dr. Smoov, "Sh-- why isn't he responding? What the hell is he doing up there? There's nothing to do! Oh well, Starscream! Waste resources and make this ridiculous contraption anyways." Then a lot of nothing happens.

On a more serious note, maybe Teletraan would've emergency awakened them.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thank you

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since when did Prime know who Unicron was?

BTW: It sure seemed in the movie, neither Autobots or Decepticons knew who Unicron was. Megatron/Galvatron was the first to meet him. Hot Rod & Kup didn't know until Kranix told them. The moon base guys just said a 'weird planet' showed up. Unicron might have known the Matrix was his weakness but the TFs didn't know until Unicron blabbed.