What if they really are Retarded????

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Feb 15, 2009.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok so aside from Devastator one of the biggest complaints is the fact that yes the twins are stupid looking. So that got me thinking. It was rumored that the twins combine into the ice cream truck in the movie and eventually change/split. However what if they started out as one spark and something damaged them forcing them to split? What if they only have half a spark/mind causing them to be deformed looking and retarded?

So we have these two heroic characters fighting to save human lives despite being mentally challenged and deformed. Though I doubt TF2 would ever go that route would that type of story effect your decision to buy what looks like a good toy who is just a little ugly?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. A crap toy is still a crap toy.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no they will just be the Beavis and Butthead of transformers and from a toy selling and PR stand point who the f**k would want to buy toys of retarded robots?... (insert gag here)

Personally I think their toys are cool, classic car chests, they look well articulated and the GGG fan in my love's the Uber fists. Now ok the faces are a little WTF but I'm sure some one could make a new set of heads

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    When I first saw the ice cream truck, I really liked what I saw.
    I thought maybe they were going to do a character like Kup. Old, beaten up and like a cranky old man.
    Don't see that this is possible with twins.

By the way, are they actually making toys of the ice cream truck, because I didn't see any.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    :lol 

Have to agree there. There is nothing that will ever change my mind about these toys. They're crap.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you guys really thing the toy is crap: bad vehicle mode, bad robot mode, etc. or do you just hate the head so muc that it ruins the whole toy?

7. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the green one has a evil gremlin lookin head, has anyone noticed?

8. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with the designs, but I'm not going to be picking up the toys.

As for their actually being retarded... firstly, I can't see Hasbro approving "retarded" characters, due to risk of negative publicity - I mean, can you even begin to imagine how someone like Michael Bay would portray people (or robots!) with mental illness or learning difficulties? To put it another way; Bay doing a My Left Foot remake would be a bad idea.

That issue feeds into a more cynical second; there's also a "negative" for Hasbro in that a great many people are prejudiced towards mentally ill people. I'm sure Hasbro would rather their toy characters as viewed as "normal". All in all, retarded characters would be seen to reflect badly on Hasbro.

It's all academic tho... they're not retarded, they've just got daft faces because they've got comedy backwoods hick character traits, and having mashed-up faces fits with that idea on Planet Bleeding Obviousness. Tis TF2, Mindless Summer Blockbuster, it's about fun and explosions and switching off for 2 hours to gawp (and rightfully so) at ILM's art and animation talent. And, Hasbro hope, to then buy some toys. If there's a couple of idiot characters in there that make younger kids laugh, then that's not bad news for them.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I doubt they'd actually be retarded..that would be so wrong! :lol  Although laughable, saving the world with two robotic Corky's at your side.

Seriously, too many people would be (rightfully so) offended by it. They're probably simple-minded, but not mentally handicapped.

I want them toys now!

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care if he's retarded, smart or even HITLER in disguise all I know is that I want Skids because of his car and the monocle head.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They won't be retarded. You really think they would put mentally disabled robots in and make themselves a target for millions of offended whiners?

They DO look weird, I give you that. I wonder if there will be some sort of story reason for it. I'll definitely be picking up the toys of them, for some reason I really dig the weird heads, they remind me of the old Ninja Turtle toys, they look like mutants.

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Other than Prime and Sideswipe, there is nothing in this line worth buying. When I first saw the heads of the twins, I just couldn't believe it. It really took down my expectations for the movie a notch.

13. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

I hope they don't find a way for the weak/retarded bots to save the day after everyone discounted them until that point. I don't want some kind of heart warming redemption moment from these two.

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Despite Draven's robotic and insubstantial postings (no offense, mind you, but practically the only word you're using is "crap" with no explanation) they are not bad, I kinda dig them, though I'm still not 100% sold on the heads. I love the malformed look of the bodies and the vehicle modes look great, even better considering the robot modes. (really just the "ears". Antennae or ear-like details I can get behind, but not ACTUAL ears)

I have been speculation their possible mental defect since the first image we saw of their robot forms. I also agree that "combining" may have had something to do with it.

I just hope they aren't total fucking idiots in the actual movie.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nice. Thanks for that. Little tip: "No offense" means nothing when you post something offensive.
    But, since you want an explanation, you can have one.
    The car mode is nice.
    The robot mode would be nice except the colour is horrible, the head is ridiculous, the legs are extremely spindly, the leg kibble appears to utterly kill posability, and it looks like the entire top of the car is hanging down behind him.
    There. Feel better now? Good. Next time, don't be so fucking rude.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leg kibble can actualy click better in the non-photoshopped pics.

Not to mention he's in one damned weird quating pose in the official thing.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe you should practise what you preach for a change. I'm not looking to start anything, and I really shouldn't have said anything, but it's early, I'm grouchy, no real excuse.

But seriously, you got a problem with me, take it to the PMs. No use bikkering in THREE threads now.

19. side wave

side wave Well-Known Member

i personaly love the twins, so what if they have weird heads that just adds to the diversity of the movie characters

20. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

roflmao!!!!!!!!!