What if they end the series with season 3 and continue with a sequel based on ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Apr 27, 2009.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

I find the possibility of TFA ending a bit funny because it felt as if a bad karma to me or God's punishing me (in the exaggerated sense)
    Because I didn't like TFA in its early development, in fact I almost hated it because I felt it ruined my love for Transformers. It's animated pictures and comedic element made me thought it was not Transformers at all but an alternate version of Simpsons and Family Guy, and no disrespect and offense to the fans of those shows, I really don't like them.

But after I watched the Season 2 finale and all Season 3 episodes, it finally grew on me and my passion for Transformers returned. And just when I became interested for the series they might end it!? Feels like someone upstairs is telling me something ^^

Also given the timing, I can see another reason why they might the end series. Because while TFA is like a mixed or hybrid of previous Transformers series, it is mostly a sequel of the Transformers movie from 2007(the Allspark storyline). Now the sequel of the movie will be in theaters in 2 months with storyline to development from where the 1st movie ended. I don't want to mention anything as spoiler, but any TF fans must have already done some homework and research to know what's going to be the Revenge of the Fallen.
    Continuing TFA would likely to create conflict in storyline from ROTF.

Then the thought of Ben 10, another cartoon series aired by CartoonNetwork hit me, they ended the series after it's 4th season and currently continuing its storyline with its sequel Ben 10 Alien Force.

Personally I think the series should go on as it seems nowhere near where an end should be, but if they must cancel for whatever reason I hope there will be a sequel or spin-off.

How would you feel if they do the same thing they did with Ben 10 to Ben 10 Alien Force for TFA? If they end season 3 and create a sequel or spin-off based on the 2nd Transformers movie(Revenge of the Fallen)?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they should stay away from attempting a Movie inspired cartoon. A sequel to animated would be better. Mabye have it set in the future of Animated's story line, where Optimus, somehow, has replaced UM as leader of the Autobots (maybe have S3 end with him taking over). Or the could even do a sequel, where it starts up just before the Great War happened. They could show why Megatron decided to rebel, and how he gained his followers.

3. DarkRobin

Well

I agree that a sequel with its complete original element would be great. Still, it might be better if the sequel shares a base with the 2nd Transformers movie. Because it's the only way for the fans to relate, creating a complete separate Transformers series while the movie or movies will undoubtedly be on the fans' minds for a long time just creates conflicts.

It'll make everyone happy if the sequel a continuance of the current TFA, with elements based on the 2nd movie

4. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would want the Fallen to appear in TFA..............

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Please, speak for yourself.

6. DarkRobin

Sorry, I left out that "I think" that's what will make everyone happy.
    I wasn't insisting that to be a fact.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I think a continuance of the current story set in the future would be nice. I just hope it's not like Beast Machines. Sorry but I loved Beast Wars and was very disappointed with Beast Machines although it did tie up the storyline. Oh and no on the movie idea

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Sounds like a plan to me.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Please don't lump me in with The Movieverse crowd.

10. _Invictus_

_Invictus_ Member

I don't think they would do that, the first movie was made for the mature crowd and is not appropriate for young children. They'll probably leave the movie story alone so they can work freely on the 3rd without worrying about story conflicts with a cartoon version. A cartoon based on the movie could cause future conflicts with the movies writing.

Since Hasbro is getting a channel, it all depends on cartoon networks control over the Animated series. Hasbro might have to buy out cartoon network on the Animated series.

11. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

They can, and Will do what they like, regardless of what their fanbase likes and/or wants. As a massive corporation, that is hasbro's perogitive.
    As long as it's well written( like, for example, Animated), and has good voice talent ( again, like animated) then I'll watch it. However as i've said time and time again, i do not care for the movie designs. They're too busy for my tastes. I do like a FEW of them( ROTF Ravage), but for the most part, no thankyou. So any toys for a movie-inspired, or movie like design i will likely not buy.

12. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

I'd pass. Saw the trailer for the ROTF movie this morning when I went and saw the X-men prequel. I'm already not pleased with a Sam-centric plot (Anyone reminded of Kicker?) where he absorbs the knowledge (or something of it that Megatron wants) of the allspark. Basically, God-modded IMO. The only thing that makes up for it is that Sam's not a whiny kid :D 

But I've yet to see the movie (like everyone else) so my thoughts are dynamic a.t.m.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I want the next cartoon to either be sequel to Animated just, when I'm liking it ,or a comic-accurate G1 toon. If not, I'll just buy a few toys from E-Bay ("Springer", a few classics/Animated I missed, and a few Energon/Cybertron figures and then call it quits by the end of next year)

14. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

:jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper:  :jawdropper: 

:crazy: 

15. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Like Ben 10 --> Ben 10: Alien Force, I dare say we'll see a "10 years into the future" style storyline.

Sari as "Earth Prime", BB as Elite Guard assigned to her (a la Jazz to SP).
    A few "new characters", maybe them versus "Team Charr".

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I would love to see a sequel to Animated if Animated must be canceled.
    I would not watch an animated version of Bayformers.
    Animated > Bayformers

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same here, Chaos Prime

18. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Hahaha. All the sentiments in this thread remind me of all the anger against Animated when it first got shown. If there is a new show, give it a go. Watch a few episodes with an honest and open mind, if Animated is to end then you owe it that much considering how many people had a similar stance to it and ended up loving it in the end.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    No, I would not watch a 'sequel' (which it wouldn't be since Animated is NOT Bayverse) based on ROTF.

--Moony

20. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    This a bit different, though. No one can say Cybertron and the 1st Movie toylines got cut short (and Classics was only ever meant to be a filler line with no backup media). I think the attitudes towards the next series would be a lot more positive if Animated had gone on as long as planned and closed up nicely, with all of the major characters getting toys. Now it looks more likely than not that Animated will be the first US TF series since.... actually G1 to be cancelled with no real "tied up all the ends" resolution.
    I mean, here we FINALLY have an utterly fantastic show for the first time in almost a decade, and IT (likely) has to be the one cut down in the height of its prime. I mean, I love the movie and its aesthetic/toyline, but even my attitude towards ROTF has soured a tad after all this kerfuffle over Animated.