What if they added Hot Shot, Sideways, et al. later?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nightrain, May 20, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I realize I'm thinking very far ahead. But I really am curious what people would think about seeing "other universe" characters in a sequel, as a way to tie everything together.

Of course names are a problem, but they could be altered and even replace irrelevent original characters. Is there anyone you'd want to see?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hypothetically speaking... maybe introduce some of the Maximals or something, but that's much later I'd say. I'd stick with stuff that could be generationally ambiguous though... something that everyone could sink their teeth into, but that's just me. Dinobots... Aerialbots... Stunticons and other such stuff like that.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    personally, i'd think it'd be irrelevant, in that the movie will always cater for a wider (read: non-fans) audience, thus such references would be lost.

i'd rather the writers concern themselves, making sure that the names used ARE relevant to their alt-mode/charaters.

4. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's not even a difficult task as long as you have a modicum of common sense.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wouldn't mind RiD Scourge..

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    But he would have to be renamed. I suppose Nemesis Prime would be perfectly acceptable.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Why would he have to be renamed? I'm not arguing I just don't see why...If the movie was going to be a direct remake of G1, I'd understand that there already is a Scourge in that era, but the movie isn't G1. I do like the name Nemesis Prime better though:thumb 

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In the bigger picture, it doesn't really matter if they do or don't.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    How do you figure it's not G1? Of course it's G1, that's the whole point.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really. The movie is going to have the feel of G1, but it's probably going to be as G1 as any of the recent lines. I seriously doubt we're getting a direct rehash.

Aside from that, Scourge or Nemesis Prime sounds really good, but I think Scourge would go over better with non-fans than Nemesis Prime would, because (honestly) Nemesis Prime sounds ...hokey... yeah, hokey works. It basically like saying "Look, I'm a truck like you, but evil... so for lack of a better name I'm Nemesis You!" Scourge at least is an interesting twist on that concept and it did come first. If they just called him Nemesis it'd be cool too as it's synonimous with Scourge. But the Prime part should be left out IMO.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    re: nemesis prime/scourge introduction

nah. i'd think they sooner do a starscream doing his turncoat schtick for the sequel (the 1st would concentrate on prime's and meg's relationship).

then maybe for the 3rd movie we'd see unicron.

an anti-prime is a novelty that falls behind much more important recurring plot elements, besides the abovementioned, gimmicks such as prime and megs coming back from the dead.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    You mean aside from the characters and general story?

Honestly, I don't get that thinking. Just because it won't be exactly like the cartoon hardly means it's not G1.

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The general story, based on all the script leaks, sounds like the Autobots and Decepticons are on Earth fighting for the Matrix/Vector Sigma/Energon Cube or whatever the hell they're going to end up calling it. That's a new concept. Aside from one episode in G1 I can't really think of anytime the Decepticons wanted the Matrix (aside from Galvatron's ill thought out plan in the movie). Also, there never seemed to be a battle over Vector Sigma itself... just fights around getting to and using it... no-one owned VS in the toon or comics (hell, I don't even remember if VS was in the comics).

As for the characters, well... I won't comment on the Decepticons too much as they seem to be shrouded in mystery. However, based on what we know about the Autobots... I'd say that's it's a pretty mixed batch. Prime and Ratchet seem to be G1 based. Jazz possibly too, but not alots been said about him besides his alt mode being a sports car. However, Bumblebee seems to be a mix of himself and Hot Shot from some stuff I've read. And Ironhide's obviously got his Spychanger alt mode. Of course, I could be reading too much into all that.

I would say that it's going to be more G1 than the recent lines, but I'd still say that it's going to be as much G1 as not. Even if it is G1... it's still a new G1.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Well yeah, no doubt about that. But where the story is concerned, I'm not seeing a big difference between fighting over one energon cube and fighting over many energon cubes. It's still the same basic premise. I think fans are reading too much into Bumblebee. Just because Bumblebee is a cooler car than a VW doesn't make him like Hot Shot. He's still assumingly going to be the smallest Autobot, and I can't imagine him as a hot head.

15. zopilote_z

zopilote_z Well-Known Member

I´l allways keep my fingers crossed for Stampy and that Kanooki Guy (Heinlad?) cameos.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but the thing they're calling and Energon Cube seems to be more likely The Matrix or Vector Sigma rather than something that holds energon. But, yeah... fighiting over resources or fighting over an ancient artifact really isn't too different I suppose. Just that one is basically a concept that was, more or less, first introduced to TFs in Beast Wars. Which, I guess, can still be considered a spin off of G1.

As for Bumblebee, you're probably right. I doubt Hasbro would go through the trouble of fighting to get that name back just so they could turn him into Hot Shot for the movie. It's simply a small personal fear and I'm trying not to let it bother me too much.