What if there ere Transformers 3 Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If there were Dinobots for the third movie what would you see the sizes? I hope for Deulxe Swoop, Deluxe Snarl, Voyager Slag, Voyager Sludge and Leader class Grimlock.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It would all depend on how big of a part Grimlock would play in a TF movie, but I could see him being a leader class figure...But maybe that's just because I'd want one.

More realistically he'd probably end up being a Voyager.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    id buy them all reguardless of size

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    many Dinosaurs were large creatures. Pteradon, Stegosaurus and Triceratops are bigger than buses and should be at least voyager size. A t-rex should be Leader sized and a Diplodocus should be a Supreme size.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You kinda have to keep in mind that Hasbro doesn't really think about that when sizing figures. Mainly it's not about how big the character "should" be, but rather how well will this character sell? If they don't think the character will sell well enough to make it a Voyager, they'll make it a Deluxe.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Leader. All of them.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Deluxe Swoop, Leader Grimlock and Voyager for the rest

Porbabaly

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, they will be sized on how they are expected to sell. ROTF Breakaway is a jet & the size of a Corvette.

Going by classes today, G1 Swoop, Slag & Snarl would probably be Deluxe class. Grimlock & Sludge would probably be voyager. Maybe even still a Deluxe since they seem to right on the Deluxe/Voyager boarder. Grimlock would probably be Voyager due to his larger role & Hasbro knows he is worth $20. They sold the Energon Grimlock/Swoop for the Voyager price & they were about the same size as the G1 versions.

9. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

i wouldnt care how big they were.

10. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Sludge isn't a Diplodocus he is a Brontosaurus or more properly an Apatosaurus, Diplodocus have very long necks and tails Sludge doesn't have those

11. iamamachine

News Credits:
    I don't know why wikipedia says Sludge is a Diplodocus. Anyway both Diplodocus and Apatosaurus are much larger than a T-Rex. I always wished that toys were made more to scale. Like Fallen should be a Leader rather than a Voyager.

12. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    probably because who ever put it in there did not know the difference between the 2
    Sludge (G1) - Transformers Wiki - Transformers 2, Animated, Toys the Transformer Wiki does have it right, check the link and yes your correct on the sizes, but rather than dino correct id prefer scale true to what was seen in G1 or TF3 as Grimlock was always the largest

13. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

its not hasbros fault for the size diff between a diplodocus and a t-rex. blame that crackpot wheeljack.

14. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    :lolol  suppose the Dinobots should be thankful they did not explode upon activation and Sludge is a Bronotsaurus/Apatosaurus not a Diplodicus

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Animal TF have never been to scale I see no reason for them to be either personally, I mean really how many G1 animal TF's alt modes were about hiding themselves, maybe the tapes but all the others had an animal alt mode as a more powerful attack mode if anything, dinbots this is clearly the case, probably the predacons to.

So personally i say to hell with scale when it comes to the dinos as long as we get 5 and grimlock is the biggest I'll be happy. Personally I'd brake it down like this Sluged Snarl and Slag Dlx Swoop Voyager but more DLX sized robot mode with big wings and possible jetpack type thing so he can clearly ly in either mode Grimlock badass Voyager sized T Rex or more to my liking Gigantasurus (sorry if thats spelled wrong).

16. DinobotNny

DinobotNny Dewbot

Snarl, Slag, Swoop, and Sludge would be Deluxe. Grimlock would be Voyager. Probably.
    Or if Grimlock were a Leader class, Sludge could be Voyager. But I would hope for Voyager Grimlock for financial reasons. lol

17. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a

I think if the Dinobots were on the movie, Bay would make it unable to tell what they were in "dino" mode, they would look like big Iguanas of something like the American Gozilla.

He would talk about how these aren't just dinosaurs they are crazy robot dinosaurs, and they might be buried on Earth too, it seems like they were more robots on Earth then there were on Cybertron.

Also, they would make Grimlock English and probably have a monocle and flaming dapper cane.

18. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    The Dinobots in TF3? Now that I'd like to see come to fruition :) 

But how would the Dinobots be portrayed in the Movie aesthetic? I'm guessing very similarly to the style of Scorponok/Ravage...

& IMO, the Dinobots with a similar aesthetic to Scorponok/Ravage would = ??? :lol 

As long as they don't look like a$$... :D 

19. iamamachine

News Credits:
    My guess is Scorponok and Ravage were based on Cybertronian species since no earth species really looks like them. If there were Dinobots in TF3, they would probably be based on extinct Cybertronian species also. Grimlock will be Leader and most of the others will probably be Voyager.
    If they use Dinobots in TF3, they should also bring in the Insecticons to fight the Dinobots. Giant arthropods are not far fetched bec. during the Carboniferous period, there were giant Drangonflies and giant millipedes. There have been sea scorpions during the Silurian period that are as large as Scorponok.

20. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

If there were to be dinobots, it would probably the same as they did w/ TFA. Voyager Grimlock, Deluxe Swoop and Snarl(Slag). Don't give hasbro too much credit here.