What if the ROTF designs came first?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BeastWars 4ever, Feb 22, 2009.

1. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think everyone remembers when the designs from the first movie were leaked, just about everyone hated them, comlaints started as did boycots. Rants and fights prevailed. But alas, the movie came, the designs worked, the movie looked great. Now just about everyone likes the mocie designs, especialy now. ROTF is producing even weirder designs and whacky transformations. So my question is this. If these were the designs for the first movie, what would the reaction of been? And why?

2. tinspider

tinspider Well-Known Member

I still don't like the first movie designs, but in comparison to these new designs they are design classics. The wheeled robots look so stupid and out of place. A cliche robot design feature you would expect to find in a pre-school childs program. Just plain silly and since Bay and co have said the designs reflect realism, just doesn't make sense.

However, Ravage looks cool.

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Actually, Megatron's reformat looks better than the first incarnation. I'm still not a fan of weird looking feet and hands though.

All in all though, it's not my thing. That's cool if it's yours.

4. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i like this time arounds designs better, but thats how it is, as the movies progress the designs will be tweaked and refined making them better than the last.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I bet the reaction would have been much better if Sideswipe's design had been used in the first movie seeing as how Sideswipe is currently pick of the litter for most people for ROTF. But the designs for the first movie were almost spot-on G1 for most of the characters (Jazz and Brawl's transformations and robot modes in the movie are actually pretty close to their G1 toys, and at least the Animators figured out how to give Optimus his signature cab-over ish chest even though he was really a Peterbuilt 379).

Megatron's ROTF design is MUCH better than the first one, though, IMO. the alt mode still sucks for the most part, but at least you can tell what it's supposed to be, and he doesn't look like a talking pile of sheet metal anymore.

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    to be honest, i find that a lot of the ROTF designs (save the Fallen) are actually a lot more G1esque than the first movie designs. there aren't as many random pieces and exposed gears. Roberto Orci also commented on the fact that the newer designs weren't going to be as crazy as the first ones in that respect.