What if the Decepticons killed Dylan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 9, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I kept expecting the Decepticons to kill Dylan, to turn on him after he’d done their orders his whole life (like what happened to Count Dooku in SW3). It would have been nicer to have them execute him, to emphasize the fact that siding with the bad guys is NEVER a good idea as once you’ve done all their orders you become unneeded and disposable.

I would have liked a scene like this:
    Dylan: He’s such a dick...
    [Megatron overhears, and shoots him off the parapet. Then he leers at Carly, all Legion-like...]
    Megatron: You’re much nicer than he ever was. You will live, to be my pet.

Within the film, as Dylan is the last surviving Decepticon agent they need him alive so that he’ll act as slave leader/foreman. But what if they didn’t/ want/need a human leader? They would probably go full “Nazi concentration-camp” on the humans: round them up, put them into groups, assign them tasks to follow, persecute them whenever/whatever/however they want.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They would almost certainly have liquidated Dylan the moment he was no longer useful to them. He might have been left alive to act as liason with the humans on a Decepticon-ruled world, but I doubt it.

If Dylan had refused to cooperate at any given point, he would have been killed. If he had requested more than was offered to him at any point, he would have been killed. If he had criticized or insulted his Decepticon taskmasters in any meaningful way, he would have been killed.

The idea of enslaving humanity seemed to be a pretty big tentpole in the Decepticon plan, even if there's a lot of holes in it, but it can be assumed that, had they simply wanted to wipe out humanity, they would have gone about things differently in terms of their attack on earth (specifically, chicago). If, during reconstruction, they decided this whole fleshling slave thing wasn't working out, it would have been pretty easy for them to systematically wipe out humanity in one way or another, which would likely already be gathered and at the mercy of the Decepticons.

The actual form of the slavery would probably be something along the lines of essentially every other instance in human history, one would expect.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dylan picked the losing team. :lol 

4. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wanted them to kill him, i was expecting soundwave to do it. when SW said yeah i understand while dylans back was turned i thought soundwave was gonna grab or shoot or crush him.

this is pretty cool to, and it would add to their conversation near the end

5. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    They would have killed him methinks. But Sam did it first. And also, I like it better that way. It kinda makes Sam fulfil his "I will kill you" promise. I like how it finishes their rivalry just like that with a single piece of wood and a well placed newspaper page.

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    If they killed him, Soundwave wouldn't have to listen to him during the execution scene, and blow Bee's brains out.

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That would have been neat to see, but I think it worked better for Sam to kill Dylan. Dylan pushed Sam to his limit the whole movie and he was like an evil version of Sam. It was better because Sam had to rise to the occasion to fight him.

8. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

What makes you think Dylan was the last human Decepticon agent? His staff wasn't killed, and his assistant was in on it, as was the elderly man seen leaving his estate.

IMO I believe that there are many who did survive; the question is did they learn their lesson, or are they still for hire?

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The US government probably hunted them all down and sent them to the electric chair.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    No! Not granny! I loved granny!

11. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Even if Dylan had killed Sam, Sentinel killed Optimus, etc, bad guys won, Dylan surely would've been squashed like the bug he was. Now Sentinel, he may be a bit hesitant about killing the only "Decepticon" who turned the Pillar back on as he ordered (the rest of the 'Cons were busy either battling NEST soldiers and TOMAHAWK missiles, firing on Optimus, or getting eaten by Leadfoot and the Wreckers). Maybe he'd even let him live a little longer. But ultimately Sentinel wouldn't think twice about enslaving Dylan as well. "You may live, loyal Decepticon...but as a slave with the rest of your swarm."

Megatron woulda just squashed him on the spot though.

12. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

I expected Chuck Norris to roundhouse kick him into Sentinel's face, blinding him temporarily. Then when Sentinel regains his vision, Chuck Norris is there in front of him, ready to rip his spark out.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    And by Chuck Norris you mean Optimus? :inquisiti 

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Chuck Norris did not need a Transtector to become a Godmaster.
    Chuck Norris' beard is his headmaster partner.
    Chuck Norris put Chip Chase in a wheelchair.
    Chuck Norris owns every lucky draw.
    Chuck Norris built the constructicons.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monkey into a truck so hard the two merged and then said "THERE! Happy now?!"

15. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Nah, I like how it played out - it let Sam fulfill his promise and gave him some badass cred. That and it emphasized Dylan and Soundwave's status as Evil Sam and Evil Bee. If Megatron had killed Dylan, it would have undercut that foil dynamic. Though you could say that it would contrast the human ally's relationship with the leader, with Optimus giving his life to save Sam and Megatron killing Dylan.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Chuck Norris eats Unicron for lunch.
    Chuck Norris urinated in a truck once... which became Optimus Prime.
    Chuck Norris used a gun just once... that gun became Megatron.
    Chuck Norris sits on Sentinel Prime, a late great leader of Cybertron, as his throne.
    And finally, Chuck Norris appears in a thread with no relation to him at all and diverts it to his house.

17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "IMO I believe that there are many who did survive; the question is did they learn their lesson, or are they still for hire?"
    Either they went into hiding and are still that way or are captured, or they were all slain by the Decepticons.

"It emphasized Dylan and Soundwave's status as Evil Sam and Evil Bee. If Megatron had killed Dylan, it would have undercut that foil dynamic... Though you could say that it would contrast the human ally's relationship with the leader, with Optimus giving his life to save Sam and Megatron killing Dylan."
    That was the kind of foil dynamic I would have loved to have seen in the film. It would also have just changed:
    - the prisoner scene would be just the Autobots getting cornered, and trying to surrender (with fatal consequences)
    - Optimus destroys the bridge and Cybertron with it, which makes Sentinel angrier and has the final battle take place on Earth, for Earth.

Making Soundwave an evil Bumblebee was a awful move, doesn't do him justice IMO.

18. guncannon109

guncannon109 Just passing through

[this is in response to your signature] I could have gone my whole life with out that picture in my head.