what if the decepticons are just downtroden worker/soldiers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by swindleservices, Mar 17, 2011.

1. swindleservices

swindleservices Banned

lets look at some thing

animated decepticons:descrimenated against and heavily exploited

war for cybertron: just trying to make cybertron strong again

movieverse: only want to restore cybertron but there only a bit too violent

just a few things discuss it go mental!

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Applying Kevin Smith Star Wars logic to transformers?

Not even union groups go into a full out scale attack against the employers.

Not to mention WFC was a hunt for Dark Energon for one sole person, Megs. In other words it was growing towards a dictatorship through force.

3. swindleservices

swindleservices Banned

OH MY GOD THE DECEPTICONS ARE COMUNIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. oh my god im going to vomit:puke2: 

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think in most universes, the Decepticons were just a military force hell bent on domination with Megatron as the High and Mighty Leader.

Animated painted a different picture of an oppressed people and there was to evidence to the contrary.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Decepticons are just downtrodden. Downtrodden and homicidal. Downtrodden and homicidal and untrustworthy. Downtrodden and homicidal and untrustworthy and willing to butcher innocents for personal gain.... aaaaand so on.

Whatever their motivation, you'd have to work pretty hard to justify the actions of the Decepticons, as well as to paint many of the bots they've allowed in their "union" as good guys.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hence Megatron's motto "Peace though tyranny."

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    If that's the case then should the Autobots let them take over other worlds and destroy other living civilizations?

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That's what IDW's going for,

All Hail megatron is like Communist propaganda and currently in Ongoing, The Combaticons work with North Korea and the Predacons work with China.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    In Animated the Decepticons were the downtroden soldiers. We get a pretty good timeline of the events of the war in the Allspark Almanac II.

Of all the classes/guilds, the soldier class was the only one who had no civil rights and no representation on the council. The same council that would send them to war to be killed. Despite repeated attempts to change that, the only result was the rest of the classes/guilds became increasingly distrustful of the soldiers. When a soldier named Megatron wrote a manifesto, that started the chain of events.

Soldiers flocked to Megatron, the council knee-jerked into passing the Decepticon Registration Act, which in turn caused the Decepticons to mobilize in force. Things quickly went downhill from there and the war broke out. Initially the Decepticons were almost on an unstoppable roll, conquering planet after planet, but then the war bogs down.

Megatron stops demanding civil rights for the soldier class/guild and starts demanding the Allspark instead. Planets are bombed, some planets fall, some are recovered, then the Autobots get space bridge technology, equalling the playing field somewhat, then Project Omega turns the war in the Autobots favor, even though at the end none of them are online, the Decepticons had enough and agree to end the war on terms of exile, setting up their own Empire of planets on the outer fringe, where they conduct searches for the Allspark that the Autobots jettisoned into space.

The war started because the Autobots wouldn't give the Decepticons any civil rights. Megatron in the series once it starts is very clear that his goal is to take Cybertron, not conquer the universe. Besides the Autobots have a space "empire" and so does the Decepticons.

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

If they were downtrodden workers then they would be the Autobots.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because they're evil, heartless thugs and bullies.

That's Megatron's propaganda. He really just wants to rule it. To him, Cybertron will only be strong if he's in charge, when really he killed Cybertron. There was nothing wrong with the planet before Megatron started causing trouble.

If by "bit too violent" you mean "geonocidal phsycopathic savages"... And once again, they started the war, hence they are at least half responsible for Cybertron's current state.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    The cons are just misunderstood. Most polls indicate that people really want to be used as expendable slave labor and the cons are just obliging them.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

it would be an interesting twist. maybe another dimension. idw had a taste of it, but it seems to me its disappeared.

for the record there is no necessary correlation between economic systems and political ones.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Though I defy you to find a political system and associated economic system that are not heavily interdependent.

I think the whole "cons are just misunderstood" thing would probably be better applied on a character by character basis, where you could have some cons with heroic qualities, or cons who were swept up into the war and now are unable to escape their positions, or cons who started with noble intentions and have compromised their own ethics in pursuit of their goals, etc. etc.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i didnt say they aren't be interdependent. how could they not be? i'm just sayin that they aren't exclusively connected.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

cool. and then the same dynamic on the autobot side. kinda like they did with impactor.

17. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They wilfully accepted exile from Cybertron in exchange for amnesty, after they INDISCRIMINATELY BOMBED THE SHIT OUT OF THE PLANET just to make the Autobots hand the AllSpark over, so they could used it to transform Cybertron into a robot and go on a galactic conquest. Nice folk, those Decepticons.

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always prefer villains to be 3 dimensional characters and not just flat evil for evil sakes. So I like anything that portrays the Decepticons in a more positive, if misguided and power hungry, force.

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

they happen to strike me as being more akin to a pack of wolves or the klingons to be honest where there sense og governemnt society community and morale code of ethics and honor is concerned

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Like Thundercracker?