What if TF4 was the start of Earth's "future age"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Think about it. TF3 could have been the start of the future era for Earth? What could have happened to all that alien technology? The US military would have been stupid to just through it away right? The Cybertronian tech could pioneer interstellar travel for Earth and further Earth's own technology.

And with new Earth tech we'd have new vehicles for the Autobots to keep the series fresh etc etc. What do you think?

2. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I was actually thinking about that too, it would a decent start for TF4. It's gotta take some time for the decepticons to reunite again for a full scale assualt on earth, and by that i mean a bigger than the invasion in chicago so we can get more thrilling action, but it should't be too far into the future, because i would still like to see the concept of the exotic cars we have already have, and in the the future i wonder what the new tech of weaponry the transformers would invite.
    Cool idea you got there :thumbs2: .

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    real life season 3?

thatd be sweet

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Have it being Salvaged by Mech, the remainders of Dylans humans Decepticon allies. They use the tech to advance their own then try to rebuild the dead Decepticons into drone. But when they try to give them intelligence, then the new Decepticon army is born and will put the deception back into Decepticon. They could pretend to be loyal servants but turn out to be just as treacherous as the old Decepticons.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I prefer the TFilms to stay in the contemporary present era; or alternately to go back to the 1980s era or further (an adaptation of HEARTS OF STEEL, set in the 19th century, would be awesome). The future, being unknown, is a little bit off limits.

"What could have happened to all that alien technology? The US military would have been stupid to just through it away right?" No, they'd be smart enough to keep it under lock and key for study, like what they did with Megatron and the space bridge pillars. Tech like that will not be released to the public just straight away.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The Decepticons have already been outgunned in the movies so arming the military with alien technology is only going to strip away more of the tension that the Decepticons might have some shot at winning.

The rail gun in Revenge of the Fallen was a very disappointing way to deal with Devastator so just imagine if the technology allowed for rail guns on tanks. Plus the more powerful the military is the fewer and fewer reasons we have for the Autobots to save the day.

7. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I prefer to keep movieverse and prime seperate....

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't complain about that.

Just the charecter, story, editing and the ending.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots
    kup
    hot rod
    technbotbots build by nest

decepticons
    scouge
    cyclous
    terrcons

nest solders bring teengers kids to base in begging of film

10. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I like that, but like Ash said, they're already outgunned. We need something fresh that will help the cons put up a fight like in TF1.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I look at it this way; with the Allspark gone, and Cybertron virtually destroys; the Tranformers wouldn't have much of a future.

12. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would've been better if they had done that in DOTM and had Chicago become Autobot City.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd be down with that. I think the impact of the cybertronians on human technology is already established in that universe, and its something I wish we'd seen more of in the 2nd and 3rd films. Now that the Cybertronians and their conflict have mad massive impacts on earth events, the impact of access to their technology would be something I'd like to see in the next movie.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like Cybertronian technology would only result in human wars. If the US and it's allies were the only nations to get access to the technology then the nations left out of that windfall would feel like they had to take action before the Cybertronian technology could be used against them.

We've seen how humans are ready to fight over natural resources so could you imagine the conflict over advanced alien resources?

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Human antagonists guys. A group of humans allied with Decepticon survivors take on the Autobots.

Make this 40 years into the future. Lennox and Epps are retired and the new commanders the autobots must deal with are dicks to the autobots so much so that the autobots go into hiding and force the US to deal with this new Con threat

Causing the humans to realize how much they need the autobots to fight the war when they start getting their asses kicked.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Let's go totally the other way. Let's get rid of all technology.

Start with a flashback to a 'Future Age' where we do have a human society rebuilt on advanced Transformers technology and everything's great, but then move ahead a few years where some kind of disaster happened with TF technology - perhaps accidental total destruction of the Matrix - and it released a planetwide surge which rendered all technology on the planet unable to function, and an ambiant radiation keeps any technology newly built from working either.
    The TF themselves can still function due to being living machines with sparks but are now limited in their abilities and power. Maybe give it a Beast Wars spin where they can only stay in robot form for a limited amount of time for some reason. Although then that would mean less robots, which would be a bum.
    Technology can still work fine off-planet but since none works within our atmosphere there's no way to actually get into space to take advantage of that fact. Even the Transformers are fully stranded on Earth now because of their weakened state.

Then come back to present day and pick up things where Earth has now settled into a kind of new more primitive society less dependant on technology, an even bigger fall for us since we'd just got nice and comfy with the advanced Cybertronian tech in our everyday lives. Then something happens and that's where the real adventure begins. Maybe someone sends a balloon up with a transmitter and it gets above the radiation long enough before bursting to send one pulse and that brings a spaceship to investigate (Quintessons?).

Basically it's a cross between Beast Wars for the 'energon damage' and Visionaries for the lack of electrical technology (but obviously no magic in its place). I personally like how it would de-power both the human military and the Autobots (not sure where to fit the Decepticons into all this but I suppose it's easy enough to find a place for them). And it's already got a human-centric angle built into the premise with limiting TFs and humans coping with a tech-less world.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, the conflict pretty much writes itself. Could be resource disparity, could be escalation of border strife / arms races, could be an act of war/terrorism by a non-governmental organization using cybertronian technology that's fallen into the wrong hands, could be conflict to keep certain groups from GETTING technology, could be capture and experimentation on a living cybertronian to reverse-engineer technology, leading to a rescue operation, etc. etc. etc.

On the other hand, Real-Life Masterforce. I could live with that.

18. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Personally, I'd like to see an aftermath scenario. Have a group of non-allied who were "born" on Earth and see it as their home, who care nothing about the Cybertronian conflict. Maybe a small group consisting of Rodimus, Hot Shot (basically a younger Hot SPOT from the Protectobots), Jhiaxus and Skyfire. Jhiaxus and Skyfire can be scientists who are, at first, trying to create technology to help humans, but end up one way or another summoning older Decepticons.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see 5 proctobots unite in into defensor [japanese version]

20. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

I swear they mention in the game that DOTM was set in something like 2014, so the near future isn't off-limits.