What if: Starscream.....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by YoungPrime, May 1, 2011.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was given the same treatment by Unicron in "Ghost in the Machine" as he did with Megatron in the animated movie..?

Meaning new redesigned body and alt-mode just as powerful as Galvatrons, and a valid little army that could rally both the Autobots and Decepticons.

My belief is that adding this new faction into the Transformers universe during season 3 while limiting some of those boring Quintesson themed episodes would have saved G1 or at least extended it for at least an entire 4th season.

Granted "Starscreams Brigade" didn't end well but with Unicrons spin on it and a new cause, the potential could have been limitless.

What do you guys think?

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Story wise, it would have been interesting to Starscream be Galvatron's equal in strength. However, the real world reason it never happened is becasue Hasbro had no plans at the time for a new Starscream figure, and when one did come out, it was featured in the comics, which kept on long after the show ended.

3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True but since the episode ended with Starscream tumbling through space, they could've still done a Retcon, with him having changes as time went on. Hell Hasbro had no plans for those Quintessons either, yet they took up at least a third of season 3's plot.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Why didn't they ever put out a Quintesson toy? It is surprising that they showed up as much as they did, given that there wasn't a toy of them to sell.

I would rather have seen Unicron create a totally new body for Starscream with a new toy to sell than have Starscream just get his same old body back.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I think that might have been cool. But I can imagine that Unicron had no interest in such a move, because the last time he did so, he failed.

So there would be no need of giving Starscream more power to fulfill his task, than he needed. In fact, I guess, Starscream could have fulfilled the bargain without getting a new body first.

If it wasn't for his treachery... he could just fulfill the mission and would have had a new body. Maybe Unicron would have gotten rid of Galvatron and Company and Starscream could try and be the new Leader of the Decepticons (if they'd be willing to follow him).

And I always wanted Quintessons :( 
    I don't understand why they had no plans for it. They would be so cheap, because they don't even Transform, but still people would by them. They could have put out many of the side characters of the show, so kids could replay the episodes. Like those aliens who sometimes helped the quintessons. Or human figures who the Autobots could protect or rescue.

They could even put some energon cubes to the Transformers (maybe with glow in the dark effect) like Mattel did with Kerium in the Bravestarr toyline.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Unicron had upgraded Starscream's body, he would likely have placed Starscream under his mental control, just as Galvatron was under his control in the Movie. I'm not sure why he didn't do this anyway, now that I think about it. But, given that, Starscream would have been compelled to complete the third labor, attach Unicron's head to Cybertron, and we would have had a very different third season, indeed.

What a story it would have been! With Cybertron lost, the Autobots fall into disarray. Unicron, unwillingly aided by his powerful new herald Starscream, heads toward Earth for his next meal. Will Galvatron lead the Decepticons to acts of heroism by heading up the attacks on Unicron? Will Rodimus Prime open the Matrix to destroy Unicron again, ending any chance of reclaiming Cybertron forever?

7. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Or, when Unicron was away to die, transferred everything to Starscream's body!

So you would have the inner struggle between Unicron and Starscream in the robot's mind.............Just a thought

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I would have liked screamer to get a new body, and maybe a new name them wormed his way back into the con ranks and up to second incommand again just for the hell of it and then finally have him tell galvatron who he used to be just after shotting him in the back.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is why the comics were superior. In them, Starscream received the power of the Underbase. :D 

10. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    and then he exploded! lol...sorta

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    And what power had this Underbase? Underbase sounds somehow inferior to a regular base. *g*

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I recall, it was called the Underbase because it formed the underlying basis for all Transformer knowledge.

13. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

Underbase was good, the simple full power of knowledge, it made Starscream very powerful, unfortunatley too much knowledge went too far and he blew up good

14. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

If starscream were to be given a new body I'd like to see him be like magmatron and tidalwave. You know where he splits into three separate component vehicles, then they can combine into a larger vehicle.

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    One thing Ive always wondered is why Unicron didnt upgrade Trypticon's body into a new body for himself and transfer himself into the new body.

Get rid of the size-changing errors and Unicron has his own previous head as a base!

Now THAT would have been awesome.