what if.....<spoilers about old leaked script>

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by boxerperson, Jun 2, 2006.

1. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Ok, so we know some of the names are placeholders. Roberto Orci recently reconfirmed this.....bay wasn't fibbing.

In the leaked, old version of the script megatron is found by humans, buried in the ice, at the beginning of the film, and only appears later at the end of the movie.

There's a tank transformer in the film, with the "name" devastator.

Megatron apparently has talons on his feet, no earthen form, and can fly.

WHAT IF......

Devastator is really megatron. And the transformer who is found at the beginning of the film and finally released at the end....is none other than Unicron.....taloned feet and all.

It'd make for one hell of a twist. And I like the idea of a normal sized, but still insanely powerful, unicron.

2. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

You seriously threw me for a loop. I'd never have thought about them having Unicron in the movie. The talons would be perfect fit. As would him "devouring souls of vanquished foes" since he basically ate planets in the cartoon. That'd also leave room for Megatron to be the tank.

Its a good idea but I fear that Unicron isn't in this and Megatron is that talon-ed soul eater. He seems more like a hybrid between Unicron and Megatron. Which I think is a horrible idea. You didn't see X-men combining Magneto and Apocalypse or Spiderman combining Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin...

3. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

His eating of souls and the taloned feet DO match Unicron extremely well.

Almost too well. I wonder, if it's NOT really unicron....is the movie being started with megs already having made a pact with and being upgraded by unicron? That would make for an interesting twist to find out at the end of the film.

4. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Nice idea, but I get the impression this movie will be quite simple, and try it's best to avoid convoluting the story with a total of four factions (if you are implying Uni' is his own and not Decepticon leader).
    Considering how afraid the developers are of confusing general audiences (Matrix/Energon cube), three sets of robots might be a bit much for some to take in.
    A shame though, I'd like a few extra layers.
    The pact between Megs' and Uni' sounds interesting.
    I wonder, since there are talks of franchise sequels, what will happen in later films if Megs' apparently dies at the end of this one.

5. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Doesn't seem that simple to me.....takes place all over the globe, has scenes on cybertron, involves multiple human storylines which eventually converge at the end of the film.....it's a lot more complicated than any transformers story we've been given before in any case.

It's probably NOT the case, but I do think that having this taloned character who either literally or figuratively devours the souls of his defeated enemies (sounds like an evil version of the autobot matrix to me!) in this film is slightly more complicated than just "oh that's megatron, he's a bad ass."

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Didn't he have talons for fingers, according to the rumors? And the Sparkeating could be a symbolic thing, like a barbarian taking a bite out of an heart as if it was an apple, for example.

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Nah! I don't think Unicron is going to be in the 1st movie.

8. brabman

brabman Member

With everything I have seen leaking out lately, especially the pictures it has gotten me to think that Megs won't be the tank, because if Prime is going to be a cab-over truck he is going to be a good bit smaller than Megs and I don't know how well that will work for a showdown between the two, unless Primes Trailor is some how part of him in Robot Mode, the two would be roughly the same size. I do like the Unicron Idea though too.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How could it be Unicron? He's the size of a PLANET.

What if EARTH (or moon) is actually a long dormant Unicron? That would be interesting. The end of the world is Unicron waking up and ripping the Earth apart at the seams (if he turned out to be the moon, Earth could be his first snack), and the Autobots have to stop it from happening, while the Decepticons are trying to get it to happen. Real doomsday shit.

Probably not something that would be revealed in the first part of a series, if the movie gets a sequel.

Now that I think about it, Unicron being the moon would be an awesome idea. Scientists still can't agree on how it was formed. Somehow the TFs shut him down in the far flung past and it took all their energy to do it, and that's why they got stuck here in the first place.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Only in the established lore, though. Remember that they're changing a lot of stuff up for the film coninuity, so they might Unicron out to be a regular TF-sized demigod or something akin to Sunstorm.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    They could do that, but if he shows up in the movie or a sequel, I'd imagine him being his planet-sized self. An evil TF that big would instill more dread in a normal movie-going audience than one that was normal sized, but more "powerful".

While they're at it, they could make a correlation between TFs and ancient gods, the good ones who protect mankind and the evil ones who want to destroy us. The TFs could be tied into lots of ancient legends and could be used to explain stuff like the pyramids, Atlantis, Easter Island, and other stuff.

Of course, this is all just "What if...?"

12. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    while I've always liked Unicron, I highly doubt he will ever be used in any of the movies past a mentioning of the name. He's been way overused, and was the main focus of the original TFMovie, so I would expect them to want to stay away from him.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yup Unicron is a TF cliche that's run his course.Give TFs another deadly foe instead.

Besides Unicron is just so G1,and if this movie isn't G1 centered.Then Unicron shouldn't be in it past say a name reference ie "Unicron Wars" or something like that

Maybe a foe like Devil Z or Voilenjagger from Zone.But definately not Unicron

14. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Why does everybody say one of the TFs has talon-feet, or that Megatron is the TF found in the ice?

Where does this information come from?

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Hmm, what's that collective term people keep using on these boards for the last three series?:wink: 

Half the reason he's a cliché...

Some individuals on Don's board have claimed to have been contacted by shady mystery sources who hope to expose things that can be ranted about, others have read the alleged ye old script.

16. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  :lol  :lol 

Well played old friend,well played

While it wouldn't make me walk out of the theater.I really wouldn't mind TFs without Unicron.

I mean talk about beating a dead horse.In Armada and Energon it's okay.Cybertron's pushing it,the movie would be overkill

17. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

As for me.....I HATE planet-sized unicron. I can't even stand Cityformers. It's like....ok come on, they transform....that's the gimmick...you don't need to make them bloody HUGE too. It's just too much.

But yeah. I doubt it's unicron....but it DOES sound like him. In any case, we've got a pretty kick ass evil guy in the film.

18. Dio

Dio Scrapper

We had a Unicron/Megatron hybrid in TF: Cybertron though, and he worked out pretty well ;) 

All comparisons aside, I think the Unicron character is just too large in scale for a movie series like this. I think he was too large in scale (though cool) for the original series as well - a good concept, but something that ultimately doomed the franchise because how can you top the bad guy being ancient, all-powerful, and planet-sized? Too big for the Transformer britches, if you ask me.

I think giving Megatron talons and an appetite for sparks is all just in an effort to make him seem more barbaric, more fierce of a character. What strikes me as odd about this angle though, is that in one sense (Orci response, I believe) he's portrayed as the same sort of civilized Darwinist that Magneto was in the X-Men films. But you also get the barbaric, animalistic nature on the other hand - Megatron might be a difficult character to balance out if they can't reach a good middle ground between those two halves of his personality.

19. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I think we just don't know nearly enough about him or his scenes in the movie to make judgements about that yet. The best thing we have to go on is Orci's response on DM.net about how megatron is sensible, high on power, and might even have a more realistic view of humans than Prime does.

Perhaps he really can just absorb a defeated transformers power by devouring their spark. It's not some weird ritual....it's just a way to get more powerful after crushing the opposition.

It's not THAT weird. Lots of human cultures believe/believed in stuff like this...devouring the heart or brain of your opponent to make yourself more powerful or intelligent.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Don said way, way, way back that Unicron certainly won't show up in the movie. They might talk about him, but ultimately he won't appear until the final part of the trilogy, if they go ahead and make this thing a trilogy.