What if Sentinel Prime and Shockwave were friends?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Feb 18, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Ark crashing on the Moon would predate the war for the Allspark. Sentinel Prime wakes up in the modern day finding out a war broke out on Cybertron itself and his old friend Shockwave is at the Decepticons side.

Leaders for for the past two films has had brotherly relationships only to be broken. Optimus Prime and Megatron, The Fallen and the original Primes.

Take it like Skyfire in G1 waking up finding Starscream has changed over the centuries.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    But, then that makes Shockwave much older. Like, older than Megatron almost. And Shockwave really doesn’t look that old. I like the idea, but it doesn't work.

I'd rather it be guys like the Wreckers who were some sort of experiment done by Shockwave who seek revenge or something. This could also explain the MechTech guns that flip out of the vehicle modes.

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    friends? Then I'd prefer The Fallen to show up instead.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    How can you conclude this, looking at a robotic being with no facial features but a single eye?

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Exactly, where is the grey hair and beard?

I joke but then they managed to make Jetfire look like a old man.

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Please tell me this thread a joke because what in name do we need to see SP and Shockwave friends.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a nice idea, but I suppose we've had it already, in the way that Prime & Megs once jointly ruled Cybertron (even though it's something that hasn't been explored in any great depth).

You're the last person who should be bitching about anyone else's threads.

8. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Your a evil man , Im just saying I don't want shockwave to be friends

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Joke not really just speculation given what we got in the past two films. Shockwave is the main villain for DOTM while Sentinel Prime is being set up as the Big Good of the Autobots.

Basically we have two Autobot leaders and two Decepticon leaders. Optimus and Megatron has a history. Shockwave and Sentinel Prime would be two characters popping out of nowhere.

To give these two further depth in characterization a history between the two is feasible.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I would rather have a relationship between The Fallen and Sentinel in a short flashback [something like Megatron and Optimus, but briefly].

But, Shockwave/Sentinel-thing could work as a short scene, for example: In the supposed flashback showing how Sentinel ended up in the moon, Shockwave could be his second-in-command who ran away "because it was the logic thing to do", much to Sentinel dismay.

Then, at the final showdown of the movie, both would have a conversation like: "Shockwave...You've become stronger, but at what cost?" "At any cost!" *Final battle starts* or something like that [In other words: Sentinel calling him out for his fall to the Dark Side of the force].