What if: Roleplay Blasters=Affordable Trailers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quantum_Penguin, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Be seeing you...

Aug 6, 2002
    I was just looking at the new Optimus Prime roleplay blaster from Toyfair and I realized something. Like the movie version, this also depicts an entire truck, cab and trailer, together.

What if Hasbro made the cab sections of these blasters detachable so that they could then be attached to the back of whatever Prime toy was in the line? I don't think it would cost much more to engineer this capability into the blaster since it's main purpose for this use would be to sit in trailer mode. This way Hasbro could sneak in a trailer, and possibly a third base mode, into the line without increasing the price point of the Prime figure.
  2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

Oct 4, 2004
    News Credits:
    It would be too impractical to engineer that much into the roleplay blasters. Yes, it would lure kids in to buy their other products (specifically the Prime of the line), but I don't think they'd want to invest the money into improving the customer service lines ("No, Ma'am, you are mistaken. The Roleplay blaster's trailer is for the other Optimus Prime, not this one")

It's a nice idea, but I doubt they'll ever bother to look at it, let alone consider it.