What if... Robot Masters : Victory Saber for classics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Oct 31, 2010.

1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

How would you like it if Robot Masters : Victory Saber was released in one of the C.H.U.G toy lines as a 2 pack Voyager class?

Many will be unhappy because that mold is small and Star Saber and Victory Leo should be at least Deluxe/Voyager class size, not halfway point between Scout and Deluxe class size. But face it, we are never going to get another Victor Saber as complete as the Robot Masters' version with a transformable and combinable Saber and all.

What I mean is, if we DO get a C.H.U.G Star Saber, we may not get a proper figure of Saber, as in articulated and all, it will probably be made like a Minicon.

A proper C.H.U.G Star Saber with an articulated figure of Saber and combinable with a C.H.U.G Victory Leo will only be possible if :

1 : Its Leader class, that way Hasbro/TakaraTOMY will have enough budget to incorporate all its gimmicks but a Leader class seems impossible seeing as all C.H.U.G figures have simple designs that do not warrant a Leader class.

2 : Its Deluxe/Voyager size but a TakaraTOMY only release like Hybrid Style : Convoy so there will not be a budget constrain, but if that happens, its unlikely to be part of a C.H.U.G toy line.

So I think the Robot Masters mold is a very good choice for a C.H.U.G toy line release. What do you guys think?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just want an easy way to GET that Victory Saber toy, those figures are rivaling the originals in rarity......

but yeah, i want a CLASSICS/UNIVERSE/GENERATIONS/RTS/WHATEVER style star saber and victory leo

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    8X C.H.U.G. :lol 

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    C.H.U.G.? Sorry but that's an awful acronym. You mean mean "United" or Reveal The Shield". With the introduction of those 2 lines, the acronym is no longer valid.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  5. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    8x the :gen069: 
    :D 

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I could totally dig any sort of Star Saber.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Nobody says CHUG anymore.

8. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Off topic but,

Well, thing is there never was any toy line called "Classics". If I remembered correctly, the first wave of "Classics" was called Robots in Disguise.

How about R.U.H.G.R.U, simplify it we get R.U.H.G, erm... "URGH"?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Not to start this again, but hasbro always referred to the 2006 classics line as "classics", and every deluxe had "classic deluxe" on it's package.

Their robot master figures honestly aren't very good.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think Robot Masters could fit well in Generations. They're a little too old.

11. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a retooled RM victory saber for chugURTS? yes please. unfortunately, hasbro is more likely to release sharks with head mounted lasers before they release victory saber.

12. Waverider

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought this was already been discussed last week?

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rather see a NEW Star Saber/Victory Leo/Victory Saber toy, than another hit of the lackluster RobotMasters mold.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

in late 2011 & early 2012,When the TF3 movie toys have lost a bit of steam in store sales & buying desire. I TRULLY THINK CREATING BIGGER SIZED CLASSICS styled non-movie toys is a possibility.

I'd prefer any classics styled victorysabre. to be sold as 2 seperate voyager sized toys. their is no reason for a 2 pack. as both toys can't clearly function on their own & draw in buyer in toy packages. I'd prefer victoryleo to be a voyager sized toy sold by itself in it's own voyager box. I prefer starsabre to be a voyager that sells by itself in it's own voyager box.

MOST would agree any combined newer victorysabre updated homage combination form. would have to look better than the 1989 toy combination.
    as the 1989 toy looked like starsabre wearing lion platform shoes/high heels.

I'd prefer any newer updated homaged toy victoryleo lion/bot merged with the starsabre jet/bot similar to the way energon wingsabre did with prime. or the way the energon 2-in-1 voyager sized toys did.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Newer molds would be better, IMHO. :D 

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Too old and badly articulated.

17. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a owner of these I would have to say they don't really fit in to well with the Classics style figures. The RM Victory Saber figures are really lacking in articulation. Personally I would rather them create completely new figures for Star Saber and Victory Leo, they could both be Voyager size class they could be sold individually or together as an Ultra.

Now for Robot Masters that would work well in Generations/Classics is Lio Convoy, Optimus Primal, and BW Megatron. I would really like the RM Lio Convoy brought over more than any RM figure.

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think, even in combined form they would look too skinny compared to a voyager size figure.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    They are great figures, but wouldn't be a good fit with the current acronym-less Transformers lines.
    Just because you missed out on a toy, doesn't mean they should get wedged into a current toyline as nice as it would be. Believe it or not Hasbro spends a lot of time planning what they release and when they release it.

Seperate but related point - how much to the Star Sabre / Victory Leo sets go for these days? Classic colours and black repaint?

20. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, the RM Victory Saber figures were absolutely terrible. I had them and sold them off fairly quickly, so I definitely wouldn't purchase them again.