what if optimus prime stays a decepticon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by gregles, Nov 28, 2011.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

we all know prime will probably get his memories back by mid season 2 or at latest in season 2s finale, or will defecting from the cons due to moral reasons if he doesn't get them back. But what if the writers do things a little differently.

The writers have demonstrated an encyclopaedic knowledge of transformer back-story and in there own cartoon they have cleverly subverted these established events and characters to give us something both familiar and unpredictable, e.g. Unicron as earth's core.

Unless you count his live action movie appearances or if the quintessons or someone else controlling him, prime has never ever turned bad, he has maybe made mistakes or lost his temper but he has never really properly turned to the dark side. maybe optimus could be a decepticon long term? maybe the main character due to die could be by his hand? maybe the main character death has already happened optimus is dead orion pax lives?

If the writers did this pretty controversial twist I'm pretty confident they would make it incredibly compelling and believable preying on primes very black and white sense of right and wrong and twisting this part of his personality slightly till he becomes a monster. how would you feel if optimus becomes the next villain?

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't think this can happen. There are things he learned about Megatron and the Decepticons doings which made Optimus leave Megatron. This will happen again when Megatron is not careful and shows his true intentions to Optimus.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I doubt Orian Pax is so stupid he wouldn't realize what Megatron does is wrong. I could see them going as far as to keep him on their side for all of season two, slowly realizing Megatron is not a good guy. Then even when he defects to the Autobots, he never regains his old memories but I doubt they would go any farther than that.

However, if they somehow did manage it without making Orion look like an idiot, then I would welcome it as I don't like Megatron or Airachnid much. Orion Pax could be a sensible but evil villain with command. Although, if they were to do things so differently then I would rather they had Starscream beat Megatron.

4. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That will be terrible for Autobots fan like me

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2 

Anywhoo, back on topic. I think that it'd be a very interesting concept for them to explore, but the chances of him staying a 'Con are slim-to-none, and Slim just saddled up and headed out of town. It does raise the interesting debate of how long this particular story arc will last. 3 episodes with him as a Decepticon? Maybe a 5-parter? 10? An entire season?

I'm sure there'll be some epiphany-antic episode where Orion realizes that maybe Megatronus the Decepticon is deceiving him.

6. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

...speechless... ol' ops would make a pretty decent villain... and i have always wanted to see his uhm... evil side as i say.

7. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, that would get very frustrating very fast. While I hope Optimus doesn't get his memories back too soon, like after one episode, I also hope they don't drag it out over the entire season, with Optimus only rejoining Team Prime in the finale or even season 3.

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Prime's been evil before. Nemesis Prime.

And yes, Nemesis Prime has been a later version of the real Optimus Prime before.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, there needs to be a happy-medium. 3-5 episodes is too short, but an entire season (unless it's done super amazingly) would get boring. I'm hoping for a 7-11 episode arc.

10. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    We've already talked about this. Orion Pax+Synth En+Dark Energon+Megatron's Manipulations=Unstoppable Decepticon Zealot Prime.

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Eh...they may be willing to do many things, but I'm not so sure Hasbro or the producers would have the courage to have one of their brand figureheads go all 'Shattered Glass' on us. The only way I could conceivably see them trying to make it last is if, as Orion Pax, the amnesiac Optimus recognizes the threat of Unicron as being too great to risk the big meanie waking up again, and thus comes to believe that ONE planet might actually be worth sacrificing for the sake of untold billions --- and even then, I find that highly unlikely.

12. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^ They've done it before with Nemesis Prime. It already has a precedent, it just hasn't been done in a cartoon before.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Maybe eventually Optimus will overtake the Decepticons, and then forcing Megatron to want to join the side of good :p 

14. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Or perhaps Orion will realize that he's an inside man and destroy the Decepticons from the inside out.

15. gregles

gregles quintesson

I'm sorry I didn't realise

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He shouldn't forever. Remeber he never agreed with the violent way Megatron did things.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Bold move without a doubt but VERY unlikely. Besides Orion never agreed to Megatron's violent methods the first time around. So it's obveous that's happen again in the first five or ten episodes. However Megatron CAN pull a trick on him this time.....

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He'll get better, and probably sooner rather than later.

The measure of the series will be in how much his experience stays with him - how being a Decepticon for a while changes Optimus Prime.

19. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Until the Three surviving members of the Thirteen show up.

20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Be a nice change, but I don't look for this lasting for long.