What if Optimus never got the matrix in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jul 9, 2011.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Wouldn't that mess up and change the events of DOTM?
    Megatron needed Optimus to retrieve the matrix to revive Sentinel since Sentinel was the only one who could control the pillars.

Without the matrix, Sentinel would have never been revived, which would mean (In my opinion)......DOTM wouldn't have happened OR it would have been just the autobots finding the remaining decepticons and killing them OR they would have found The Ark with the pillars and Sentinel.
    I don't think Rachet could have repaired Sentinel, and since no one could control the pillars, they would have locked them up anyway.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Then there's no DOTM.

3. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Or there would be no point of making it if they just showed Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream, Igor, and Lazerbeak dying?

4. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    I know the writers probably didn't think all of this through, but perhaps Megatron didn't truly believe that the old crippled Fallen's plan to use the sun harvester would truly work, and that he was using the ancient prime to find the matrix and eventually use it to revive Sentinel, if the Fallen's plan were to fail...

Or something like that... haha I dunno...

5. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    People have said Megatron was gonna betray The Fallen.
    I think he would have betrayed The Fallen, since even though The Fallen was going to save Cybertron, he was going to destroy Earth and gather the Sun's Energy to make energon.
    The question is: Were there enough cybertronions to re-build their home?

Wouldn't Megatron want to use the humans to re-build Cybertron since there weren't enough Cybertronions, even though he would have to use the matrix, but The Fallen already was planning on using it?

6. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

then primes toast would be burnt

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...then Prime would have stayed dead, and a whole new generation of TF fans would be leaving the theaters in droves, crying their eyes out while claming "Michael Bay raped my childhood."

8. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

also how the hell did Prime get the Matrix back after it being in the Harvester whilst it blew up?

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

^As the Fallen said: Those powers can never be destroyed, they can only transform.

In other words, The Matrix cannot be destroyed [only transform, but no transformation was required in the Egypt battle].

10. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I thought he said that when he was talking about the allspark....

11. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    he did and he was talking about the AllSpark which at this point was now supposed to be inside Sam and that plot point was also left at the curb in DOTM. They want everyone to believe this is truly a trilogy but its not. It really is 3 different movies with 3 different plots that have very little to do with one another and very little well written story to tie them all together well. If they really want a good well believed trilogy, they need to write all 3 movie's scripts at the same time so the overall story flows well through all 3 movies and if some minor plots need to be tweaked then do so in the final writing phase but dont write one script make the movie and then say if it does well we will make another. And then be left with how the hell do we make the next movie work being we dropped key plot points.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah the three films don't jive well. They had to go to the moon to make a space bridge but Jetfire just uses one like it's nothing. They could cut ROTF out of the continuity and just introduce the matrix in DOTM and it would be less of a mess.

13. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

The matrix was said to have the essense of the allspark.

14. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    But we wouldn't know about the Ancient Primes and when people hear Sentinel say "I am a Prime! I do not take orders from you!" (When he's going to get the Pillars) in DOTM, people would be wondering what's special about a "Prime."