What if Optimus dies matrix is passed on to Arcee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Altimus, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Arcee's namechange wouldn't be Arcimus Prime...

..it would be Elita-1.

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WAAAH! Why is it not like G1!?

Seriously though dude, not everyone cares about an old cartoon from the 80s.

3. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    And that's where you fail to understand the message of Elder Leadfoot. Killing Optimus and replacing him didn't work then, probably wont work now.

The young crowd think it would "kool" to do it but the older ones have seen this story done to death, and Optimus always come back.

TF: Prime should just ignore this bad cliche that Optimus dies, replaced momentarily and comes back. There's more interesting and different story to tell.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Yeah, cause that was totally what I meant. Hardy har har. Anyway, you wanna continue the bullshit fatwah against optimus prime, be my guest. Enjoy your climb to irrelevance.

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see Arcee take charge for a while.

*awaits inevitable comments from perverts*

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Bumble Bee as leader??? first he has to stop making that ******ed robotic voice when he speaks

7. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

Going by G1 not movieverse.

8. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Going by that logic you could say that prime is just a chimpanzee in a Robot suit pretending to be a Transformer from another planet with a sorted history. Again we haven't seen that he isn't and that log did knock him out too easily.....

There is a big difference between speculation and assumption, that my friend is the point. The title of the thread "What if Optimus dies matrix is passed on to Arcee?" Already has an assumption in it. I.e. That this Prime does indeed have a matrix in the 1st place. If the thread had been titled "Does Prime have a matrix?" Now that would be speculation. Not assumption based upon speculation.

9. Anonybot

Anonybot Active Member

Not that it will do any good, but what you just said is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard. Want to have a thread about Optimus being a chimp in a robot suit? Go ahead so long as it makes for good conversation, even the "Arcee is hot" threads managed to have good bits of conversation that gleamed from them.

If you led the forum it would be dead within a week from you deleting and banning anyone who started a thread without a page of references. It's s damn forum for us to talk. If it makes good conversation WHO CARES. Get over it.

10. Altimus

Even though this is not reply to me, let me say that Optimus is my favorite character and I'm not against him.

11. Altimus

Hot Rod

12. Naughtytron

Naughtytron Well-Known Member

Anything can work well enough if given a chance. Problem is: the execution of said method. Prime living or drying in the sun as a mechanical corpse for a beefy burrito can be done, and it can be done well. The problem I actually found with Rodimus becoming Prime amongst most of my Transfans back in high school (when we did end up talking about the 1986 movie, anyway) was that they had less than an hour to accustom themselves to getting a replacement for Optimus Prime.

Let's say, instead of the 1986 movie, Optimus Prime died at the beginning of a season: instead of getting a new leader straight away, we have the Autobot splintering to a few factions themselves, while the Decepticons, with Megatron lost to the stars, have fought amongst themselves as well. For 26 episodes we could possibly see Hot Rod (Not Rodimus just yet) struggling against all odds to become a Prime, while in the background things go from bad to worse: to once and for all say to the fans that while he wasn't Optimus, nor could he ever be, he would be the best Rodimus he could be. Much like how Jaime Reyes went about being the new Blue Beetle.

Anyway, that's my two cents on THAT topic. Now, on Arcee being the next Prime: if it's done well enough I will have no complaints. Easy peasy.

13. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Have you read the IDW ongoing comic? Because that's almost exactly what happens, except replace "died" with "quit". It could have been a great story, if the writing wasn't so meh.

14. titannova

titannova Active Member

The leader of rest 3...

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm in for Arcee and Rodimus as the Power Couple Leaders of the Autobots.

I wanna be at their wedding.

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

People just miss the point entirely. Those engaging in speculation or ideas about what it would be like is so and so were to replace Optimus already have their answer. We know exactly what it would be like, because it happened before. Hasbro knows their history and therefore, they are not doomed to repeat it.

Why? Just, why? Why is there this persistent fan impulse to kill the franchise's most important character? One of my personal favorite characters has always been Ratchet, but I have absolutely no desire to see him become leader. He has his place in the mythos, and it is not as leader.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I blame the fact that it's inevitable Optimus Prime will likely die at some point.

I think we're asking ourselves whose fit to lead afterwards.

18. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I would love to see TF Prime arcee get the matrix for example.

Seeing her character development make me think she is a very capable leader.

19. humblebot

humblebot Well-Known Member

Unlike Hot Rod, who was the epitome of maturity.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Considering they've said that once a character dies, they ain't coming back, I seriously doubt they'll kill Optimus off.